Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

++ June PPR: Rounds 3 - 4 Commentary ++

Gerhat's ADP has climbed to 4.05 in 12-team PPR leagues and here he goes at 3.03. I think this will be his typical landing spot by mid-August.

A little bit away from my norm. Had Jordy or cobb been there they would have been mine.

I dislike taking TE early. Really dislike it but my targets were gone and I figured a number of people were after him. :P

I hate taking a TE early too, but there are a few that you have to make an exception for. Especially when the guys you want are gone. Thomas is certainly one of those exceptions.

Curses! I wasn't expecting Ellington to make it to me, but I was hoping. Nice selection there.

3.07 - Not a situation I expected to be in here. I was hoping for Rodgers to fall one more slot, as that was a definite fault line in this draft with his selection. My decision was between a bevy of wideouts, of which one or two will return to me in round 4, or an upside running back on a team with a real good defense and a couple of receivers who can keep the safeties honest. Ellington performed well last year in the ppr format though frustrating as he was easily the best running option on that team and underutilized. This year he has the job to himself, the promise of more touches though I'm not buying the 25 touch talk, and explosiveness to turn the extra opportunities into extra fantasy production. I've projected 1250 combined 7 to 8 td's, and 45 receptions.

Pollocks

3.07 - Not a situation I expected to be in here. I was hoping for Rodgers to fall one more slot, as that was a definite fault line in this draft with his selection. My decision was between a bevy of wideouts, of which one or two will return to me in round 4, or an upside running back on a team with a real good defense and a couple of receivers who can keep the safeties honest. Ellington performed well last year in the ppr format though frustrating as he was easily the best running option on that team and underutilized. This year he has the job to himself, the promise of more touches though I'm not buying the 25 touch talk, and explosiveness to turn the extra opportunities into extra fantasy production. I've projected 1250 combined 7 to 8 td's, and 45 receptions.

I make my selection, type my above commentary, then head down the road to an appointment, and what do I see in the TEXAS Panhandle. I pull up right next to an ARIZONA CARDINAL SCION with Arizona plates. Feeling much better now!!!! :doublethumbsup:

Would've debated picking TE Julius Thomas had he been here at 3.11 but since he's not, I'll put my RB2 trust in the rookie Sankey.

3.10 Was hoping for Ellington, but Stacy is a fine replacement. After Stacy, I'm not too enamored with the remaining RB's and there is a solid stable of WR's that I can choose from on the turn (and even coming back in the fifth). I am not afraid of the talk that Mason will challenge him for the starting job. I think Mason will cut into his carries, but I still see Stacy with 1,000+ yards and potentially double digit TD's (especially with Bradford back and a better passing game).

No Round 4 Thread yet, but in order to keep the draft going strong, my pick is:

4.01 WR Pierre Garcon, Washington ______

3.10 Was hoping for Ellington, but Stacy is a fine replacement. After Stacy, I'm not too enamored with the remaining RB's and there is a solid stable of WR's that I can choose from on the turn (and even coming back in the fifth). I am not afraid of the talk that Mason will challenge him for the starting job. I think Mason will cut into his carries, but I still see Stacy with 1,000+ yards and potentially double digit TD's (especially with Bradford back and a better passing game).

I would've taken Stacy if you didn't.

You guys took both Spiller & Ellington, either one of which I would have selected.

Therefore, changed my strategy and went with two wide-outs. It is PPR, and I'll take Garcon's league-leading 113 receptions from last year. I know there is the new receiver in Washington, but Garcon will still get his touches underneath and the QB will open it up more now.... so Garcon could be GOLD.

V Jac..... should get plenty of looks with Williams gone and I believe the QB likes these tall upside WRs to throw to.

I must say, I like my receiving corps so far.

4.06 - I'm starting to buy the hype that a healthy Roddy White will become the possession guy in ATL with the retirement of gonzalez. That is on average 125 looks and 90 receptions that need a new home. Hopefully that will entail redzone looks too as he is a very dependable and trusted set of hands for Ryan.

I look for 1000-1100 yards, 80+ receptions for 8Td's. It helps to have Julio stringing them out.

Fock you remote!

This draft has been more according to hoyle than the june mock. No reaches to speak of at all, with my selection of Ellington maybe the furthest out of line. dunno I have to say though that I just could not spend a third round pick on gronk at this point. No juevos!

I was def hoping a Roddy or Fitz type would be there for me here.

My thinking was Id rather Bush and one of them over say Garçon and whatever rb falls.

Nice picks.