Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Favorite Whiskey

What's you guys favorite whiskey? Currently drinking the Johnny walker blue I got from the class six when it was on sale for $99 a bottle and it's pretty fockin good.

I only drink tons of merlot, vodka, and beer.

I don't tough whiskey. Pfff, I'm not a f*ck'n alcoholic.

• Like 1

What's you guys favorite whiskey? Currently drinking the Johnny walker blue I got from the class six when it was on sale for $99 a bottle and it's pretty fockin good.

Sure you are.

• Like 1

Depends what i want...straight or mixed

Neat or rocks...splash or no....

All around...Makers Mark

Few cubes...Basil Hayden

Flavored...Crown Maple may try the Vanilla

Neat...Angels Envy

Budget Bourbon for rocks and a splash...Evan Williams Single Barrel..

WL Weller Special Reserves

Budget for mix....Beam Black

Depends what i want...straight or mixed

Neat or rocks...splash or no....

All around...Makers Mark

Few cubes...Basil Hayden

Flavored...Crown Maple may try the Vanilla

Neat...Angels Envy

Budget Bourbon for rocks and a splash...Evan Williams Single Barrel..

WL Weller Special Reserves

Budget for mix....Beam Black

For flavored I found a honey whiskey that was made in Texas that was freaking delicious. They stopped selling it but dam it was delicious. My FIL liked it so much when I let him try it he bought two bottles to take back home with him. I saw the vanilla when I last went to the liquor store. Need to try it

My goto is Gentleman Jack- neat- no mixer, no ice, just straight whiskey.

That's some damn good stuff.

Buffalo Trace for sipping.

Pendleton for mixing.

Have not had Buffalo Trace in a while.

Recently have gone with the Weller I mentioned...very good at that price point.

Eagle Rare...it was just ok to me. Only a few bucks cheaper than Basil Hayden, but I much prefer Basil to the Eagle.

Knob Creek Maple...was not a big fan. Seemed on the "thicker" side to me. Not as smooth as the Crown Maple at all.

Buffalo Trace

Eagle Rare

Basil Hayden

Maker's Mark

Glenlivet

Glenfiddich

Glenmorangie

Some of my favorites

Highland: Oban 14 (budget: Macallan 12)

Speyside: Glenmorangie 18 (budget: Aberlour 16)

Islay: Bowmore 18 (budget: Laphroaig 10)

Irish: Jameson (more peat: Connemara)

Honorable Mention: Nikka Coffee Grain Whiskey

:thumbsup:

Very hard to beat BT at $27 a bottle.

Maybe where you live. Focking liquor taxes are out of control in my neck of the woods

My goto is Gentleman Jack- neat- no mixer, no ice, just straight whiskey.

That's some damn good stuff.

Thats disgusting. Never understood how people can drink blatantly bad tasting stuff and call it good. Jack and coke is all that is tolerable.

I don't drink too much Whiskey, but if I'm having the occasional Old Fashioned I like Buffalo Trace or Knob Creek.

Thats disgusting. Never understood how people can drink blatantly bad tasting stuff

like coffee?

or beer?

maybe tomato juice... especially with horseradish and vodka mixed?

Grapefruit juice?

do you really not like the taste of good whisky?

:dunno:

I like the Jack Single Barrel Holiday Select.
Makers Mark is solid.

Bulleit 10 year is good and relatively cheap.

I generally don't - doesn't do it for me. I've tried many and in 46 years - have never craved a glass of whiskey or scotch.

I generally don't - doesn't do it for me. I've tried many and in 46 years - have never craved a glass of whiskey or scotch.

thanks for sharing!

now get over to the Debate thread so you can tell them you don't like politics

:banana:

thanks for sharing!

now get over to the Debate thread so you can tell them you don't like politics

:banana:

Why - it will just get deleted...

• Like 1

Thats disgusting. Never understood how people can drink blatantly bad tasting stuff and call it good. Jack and coke is all that is tolerable.

Obviously another subject you don't know sh't about.

He said he barely likes Jack and Coke so we see where his mentality is. :wall:

Jack and coke does not belong in this thread.

I second the motion.

• Like 1

I know that people pretend to enjoy straight whiskey to appear more manly. Its blatantly offensive tasting.

Also @Shots how does Jack and Coke, the most popular whiskey drink, not belong in this thread? More pretentiousness, its not like you will lose your alcoholic cred by admitting you use a mixer, christ.

I know that people pretend to enjoy straight whiskey to appear more manly. Its blatantly offensive tasting.

:lol: yeah - that's it...

Have not had Buffalo Trace in a while.

Recently have gone with the Weller I mentioned...very good at that price point.

Eagle Rare...it was just ok to me. Only a few bucks cheaper than Basil Hayden, but I much prefer Basil to the Eagle.

Knob Creek Maple...was not a big fan. Seemed on the "thicker" side to me. Not as smooth as the Crown Maple at all.

Weller is a BT distillery product as is ER, so they will all have similar profiles.

ER is much cheaper than BH, at less than 30 bucks, BH usually runs 45-50 or %50 more than ER

Weller is a BT distillery product as is ER, so they will all have similar profiles.

ER is much cheaper than BH, at less than 30 bucks, BH usually runs 45-50 or %50 more than ER

BH is usually 39.99 where i get it. ER around 35.99

Some of you guys mentioned different types of Scotch, which is not whiskey. HTH.

technically true... whisky... whiskey.... but the guy starts of with Blue... so scotch, blended or not... is on the table here.

:cheers:

Some of you guys mentioned different types of Scotch, which is not whiskey. HTH.

:blink:

Also @Shots how does Jack and Coke, the most popular whiskey drink, not belong in this thread? More pretentiousness, its not like you will lose your alcoholic cred by admitting you use a mixer, christ.

Good whiskey really does have a nice flavor to it. You have to sip it, though. Pretty much any straight liquor is for sipping, not for actually drinking. That is why I don't get how drinking straight liquor is "manly". You are sipping it like a women. Not that I don't occasional like to class it up and drink whiskey or scotch on the rocks.

Honestly, I think Jack and Crown are as good as any of the higher end whiskeys. Jack and Crown taste like candy to me at this point.

technically true... whisky... whiskey.... but the guy starts of with Blue... so scotch, blended or not... is on the table here.

:cheers:

Thank you. My first thought was ...."Walker Blue label is scotch. Ummm." I've never been a fan of single malt scotches while we're on the subject. It has to be blended for me. Single malt is just too...earthy. I think it tastes like dirt, because it essentially is made from dirt.

I like sipping on a whiskey, particularly when the weather is cold. But it's never more than small sips, kind of similar to drinking a hot tea. Warms me up the same way too.

If I want a mixed whiskey drink, I love ordering an old fashioned. It comes across as more sophisticated, but honestly it's essentially just a way to get some other flavors in there to offset the taste of drinking gasoline

Thank you. My first thought was ...."Walker Blue label is scotch. Ummm." I've never been a fan of single malt scotches while we're on the subject. It has to be blended for me. Single malt is just too...earthy. I think it tastes like dirt, because it essentially is made from dirt.

Blue... Gold... even the smokier Green... all have GREAT flavor... I enjoy JWalker and I can even drink the low-rent Red on the rocks... it all just has a nice spiciness to it.

Here's the thing for people who say they "hate whiskey"... I did too for the longest time... but all I had ever tried was Dewars White Label, some cheap Wild Turkey, or some really bad Bushmills... terrible stuff really.

It wasn't until I had a Glenlivet 16 that the smoothness, sweetness, flavor, texture, and lasting flavor (i.e. finish) appealed to me... from there I started trying different stuff... and of course, hated Islay at first... not a whole lot different than a little kid that doesn't like beer or coffee at first try... if you don't like it, no problem... but it's foolish to pretend that nobody enjoys it... that it's some ego thing just to impress someone... because really, by the time I realized how enjoyable whisky was, I was long past the point of giving a fock what you thought about me.

I like sipping on a whiskey,

Sipping to Shoenice is for pansies. If anyone isnt aware of him, he is the worlds best professional alcoholic. Has many, many videos of him slamming entire bottles in one go. Makes Shotsup look like a baby with a sippie cup of pedialyte. This guy is a legend. Some time ago he quit and said he was done drinking, but then fell off the wagon and made more slam videos. He can also slam alc much harder than JD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piGJmJW2MLw

Skip to 3 min in for the slam, he likes to ramble.

I'm firmly of the belief that shoenice guy is a fraud.

He isnt. He always makes sure to crack the seal and keep the bottle in frame, plus is just a degenerate. Trust me, he knows there are people who doubt him and talks about it routinely. Hes wacked in the head too, but 100% is not a fraud. He has alot of other videos where he eats crazy stuff, but the liquor slams are always the most funny and best.

Blue... Gold... even the smokier Green... all have GREAT flavor... I enjoy JWalker and I can even drink the low-rent Red on the rocks... it all just has a nice spiciness to it.

Here's the thing for people who say they "hate whiskey"... I did too for the longest time... but all I had ever tried was Dewars White Label, some cheap Wild Turkey, or some really bad Bushmills... terrible stuff really.

It wasn't until I had a Glenlivet 16 that the smoothness, sweetness, flavor, texture, and lasting flavor (i.e. finish) appealed to me... from there I started trying different stuff... and of course, hated Islay at first... not a whole lot different than a little kid that doesn't like beer or coffee at first try... if you don't like it, no problem... but it's foolish to pretend that nobody enjoys it... that it's some ego thing just to impress someone... because really, by the time I realized how enjoyable whisky was, I was long past the point of giving a fock what you thought about me.

For me it was Oban 14 at a friend's house; peaty as you know but dayam that was good stuff. But I understand how people think it tastes like earthy gasoline... probably my favorite ever was a Macallan 15 aged in sherry casks; smoothest scotch I've ever had.

I want to try that Connemara you mentioned earlier. :cheers: