Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

Bilal Powell vs NE or J. White vs. NYJ?

Both of these guys have pretty nice ceilings in PPR leagues. Can't wrap my head around who has the better situation/matchup.

CBS "experts" have Bilal as the #11 RB in PPR and White at #10. Coin flip? Anyone have a crystal ball?

I don't own either one of them , with that said I would roll with White .

Bilal Powell. He's essentially the WR3 in New York right now.

I'm staying far away from the Belichick RB shenanigans in the fantasy playoffs

• Like 1

If Powell is NYJ's WR3, I would think J White is essentally NE's WR2 (behind Gronk).

These were the snap counts and percentage against the Titans for the Patriots backfield:

Bolden (28, 42%) White (22, 33%) and Iosefa (20, 30%)

This is one week removed from White having 51 offensive snaps against the Eagles.

Simply put, there's zero consistency with Belichick.

The other aspect to focus on is that Dion Lewis wasn't active in the first matchup, and James White played 64% of the snaps in the first game. He was largely in the game for blitz pickup. I don't see much changing in his output. Maybe a few more catches that would have gone to Gronk in the first game.

Powell though is getting close to the same snaps as Ivory, and it seems that the Jets' offense can move the ball a lot better with Bilal in the hurry-up offense.The Patriots have been giving up decent PPR points to pass catching RBs this season.

Since Week 11 against the Patriots: Opposing RBs have caught 27 of 34 passes for 186 yards. The problem has been opposing RBs finding the end zone against New England. But I'll take the coin flip for Powell over White, particularly as it relates to TDs.

Over the last three games, the Jets have allowed only 12.50% of opponents red zone drives to end in a touchdown (tops in the NFL).

If Powell is NYJ's WR3, I would think J White is essentally NE's WR2 (behind Gronk).

Powell gets more "run" than white. If the Jets get to passing downs and are trailing in the 4th quarter, Powell is in on every play except goal line.

Jet fan here and I am NOT a fan of Powell! I admit he has looked much much better the last few weeks, but the prior few years he has been mediocre at best. I'd roll with james white personally even though I am obviously hoping for a big game from B-B-Bilal and the Jets!!!

The status of the Patriots WR's is going to have the final say in this argument. From the MASH unit the Patriots might roll out there, White could have Mike Evans-vs-Rams-type numbers in targets.

Jet fan here and I am NOT a fan of Powell! I admit he has looked much much better the last few weeks, but the prior few years he has been mediocre at best. I'd roll with james white personally even though I am obviously hoping for a big game from B-B-Bilal and the Jets!!!

Jet fan here too. Haven't you noticed how much faster Powell is hitting the hole than Ivory? Ivory looks like he's stuck in the mud plotting away. Those weeks that Powell was out probably did him wonders and he looks so refreshed. IMO, Ivory must be hurt because he is NOT the same player he was the beginning of the year.