Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

**Draft Discussion**

My choices are so bad I am thinking of taking a flyer on Willie McGee...

You'd be better off with Skip!

First off, thanks dcb, for covering for me today. Got my 1st and 3rd choices. I had thought about it for a while and did not want Tim Beckham (or at least not that high) but then sort of talked myself into wanting him. Oh well.... which brings me to

Wanted him but thought I could get him next round. Good pick.

sadly you could not have, as I had turned my attention to him for my next pick. That's what it's come down to as a Rays owner. My options are gross and i've just now realized that the Rays may often deploy a lineup where I don't currently have a shortstop when I thought I did.

Which brings me to my pick. Literally 0 interest in him but it's a warm body I might need and probably can't risk him making it through the Jays 2 more times.

It would just feel weird to not have some arrows flying on my team.... you know, until he loses the job.

First off, thanks dcb, for covering for me today. Got my 1st and 3rd choices. I had thought about it for a while and did not want Tim Beckham (or at least not that high) but then sort of talked myself into wanting him. Oh well.... which brings me to

sadly you could not have, as I had turned my attention to him for my next pick. That's what it's come down to as a Rays owner. My options are gross and i've just now realized that the Rays may often deploy a lineup where I don't currently have a shortstop when I thought I did.

Which brings me to my pick. Literally 0 interest in him but it's a warm body I might need and probably can't risk him making it through the Jays 2 more times.

You probably would have been safe for another round, but then again my team is starting to become devoid of good options. I mean even 2 aging OFers that don't have teams are off my board.

That was me with Martin though too. Thought LAD wouldn't need another C but I knew I needed at least someone in the position and most of my options don't have teams.

I mean even 2 aging OFers that don't have teams are off my board.

:mad: :(

Dudes, I will be looking to trade a catcher again this year. I'll be featuring Wieters and Castillo (or an Os catcher if you really want one). So if you have woeful catching, keep that in mind and think about where your strengths are. I will undoubtedly have many holes to fill. :mellow:

think we could get a pick in between measuring snowfall and pleasuring your dog?

:lol:

You probably would have been safe for another round, but then again my team is starting to become devoid of good options. I mean even 2 aging OFers that don't have teams are off my board.

That was me with Martin though too. Thought LAD wouldn't need another C but I knew I needed at least someone in the position and most of my options don't have teams.

Well then. Guess I could have gone elsewhere although I don't really have options I care about anymore so why risk it.

Dudes, I will be looking to trade a catcher again this year. I'll be featuring Wieters and Castillo (or an Os catcher if you really want one). So if you have woeful catching, keep that in mind and think about where your strengths are. I will undoubtedly have many holes to fill. :mellow:

i almost took him in the 4th round but i have a palatable backup catcher already exclusive so decided to go with more of a need

Well then. Guess I could have gone elsewhere although I don't really have options I care about anymore so why risk it.

No he's a solid pick when you need to fill a slot. You never know in this league where and who someone will value. Sometimes BPA is not the thought when it comes to round by round. Hech should play every day until and when the Rays bring up the next prospect ready to go. And some of us clubs do just need a warm body to fill a position.

5.13 - Blake Parker, RP, LAA

Dammit...nice snag there. I guess it would help if I did my research on this guy and saw that he started out with the Cubs. Looks like I have no closers.

Dammit...nice snag there. I guess it would help if I did my research on this guy and saw that he started out with the Cubs. Looks like I have no closers.

Nothing to do with any of this, Just got tix for the String Cheese for 2 shows in July. whoop-eeeee

I think the Angels may be closer by committee. THough I agree it was a nice pick at this stage in the draft for him

Nothing to do with any of this, Just got tix for the String Cheese for 2 shows in July. whoop-eeeee

:banana:

Awesome! You going to the High Sierra Music Festival, or seeing them in Eugene?

Awesome! You going to the High Sierra Music Festival, or seeing them in Eugene?

Eugene, The Cuthbert is an awesome venue

And I found a new cowshit valley patch

Yeah but who is going to see weir and lesh this summer? :eek:

my free agent exclusives are going to sign somewhere if we don't get to pickin :mad:

Yeah but who is going to see weir and lesh this summer? :eek:

Not me, will be seeing Dead & Company here in late june

Shotsup must be without power :bench:

is there a standing here holding my dick emoticon? :mellow:

He's waiting for Moose to sign with the Mets.

:mad:

I'm to the point where I'm about to draft a couple exclusive FAs, because not having them would be worse than not landing some of these other scrubs I am about to draft

:bench:

I'm to the point where I'm about to draft a couple exclusive FAs, because not having them would be worse than not landing some of these other scrubs I am about to draft

:bench:

like Jose Bautista? :shocking: :P

No, Bautista was a free agent available to other teams. I'm talking guys that are exclusive to me now but might not be if they sign with another team represented.

No, Bautista was a free agent available to other teams. I'm talking guys that are exclusive to me now but might not be if they sign with another team represented.

i meant the scrubs part :dunno:

5.10 - Addison Reed, RP, MIN

Dude you are Killing Me

:ninja:

Twice swiped my next pick two spots away.

Shotsup must be without power :bench:

I am without power. Cespedes was lost to me.

In all seriousness sorry for the delay. Snow had me consumed all day.

I am up to date and Reedlless.

Dude you are Killing Me

:ninja:

Twice swiped my next pick two spots away.

Was surprised he was still sitting there for me. Thanks though...hope you get power back soon.

:sleep:

Was getting ready to pull the trigger on Joe Kelly in the 7th then Bascom picked ahead. Allowed me to grab him in the 9th. Sad the only thing good that happened to me in this draft revolves around Joe Kelly in the 9th round.

I'm tired of waiting on Moustakas and Holland. At this point, missing out on those guys would be worse than losing drew butera or Joakim Soria :bench:

Hopefully the draft gets to those spots before one of these Butt nuggets signs a free agent deal with a represented team who picks before I have them slotted :mad:

Was getting ready to pull the trigger on Joe Kelly in the 7th then Bascom picked ahead. Allowed me to grab him in the 9th. Sad the only thing good that happened to me in this draft revolves around Joe Kelly in the 9th round.

Been looking at him for a while but I have several other RPing options so I wasn't overly concerned about grabbing him. 29Guests picked ahead so I could push Lowrie back to Round 8 allowing me to also grab Moreland in Round 7 as well to help out with my weak 1B.

ted I saw you responded to my Facebook post. Appropriately, seemed like a good time to throw on some workingman's dead this morning :thumbsup:

• Like 1