Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Another school shooting....this time in Maryland

The problem with this talk is you (as in your side in this fight) first said you wanted trained people. When it's shown that the person was trained, you move the goal posts to "highly trained". Now that it's show the person was "highly trained", where are the goal posts moving next? "Super Highly Trained"?

I'm not using or intending to use the two differently to "move the goal post"....trained suffices. Military, police or security training.

I want guns taken away from Johnny Dipstick and Larry Jabroni, civilians who think they are Dirty Harry.

A commercial sales ban would suffice.

"Guns taken away" has too many obstacles.

Wrong. You were arguing the presence of a gun increases the likelihood of misuse regardless of the intend user.

No, I correctly argued that private gun owners are more likely to be harmed by their firearms/harm someone else than use them to shoot a bad guy. A person whose job is to protect others using a firearm is another matter.

Again, the details seem to have eluded you.

No, I correctly argued that private gun owners are more likely to be harmed by their firearms/harm someone else than use them to shoot a bad guy. A person whose job is to protect others using a firearm is another matter.

Statically, wives/gf's get shot more than anyone in the home. Nags.

And they take a lot more.

I'm sorry that today's events don't support your theory that all guns are bad.

Please, it availiable for all to see.

I'm calling you out. I'm saying you are lying. I'm accusing you of moving the goal post. I'm saying you are losing credibility by NOT owning up to you getting owned.

Prove me wrong Pen.

I'm calling you out. I'm saying you are lying. I'm accusing you of moving the goal post. I'm saying you are losing credibility by NOT owning up to you getting owned.

Prove me wrong Pen.

My posts are consistent. The onus is on you to prove Im lying.

ETA Ive posted the links numerous times, its really tiring to go through the effort and have them repeatedly ignored.

My posts are consistent. The onus is on you to prove Im lying.

ETA Ive posted the links numerous times, its really tiring to go through the effort and have them repeatedly ignored.

I take that as you can't back up your . I'm disappointed.

Ha..the fock they aren't. I don't know one person that's grabbing their gun to take with them out of their house like they are grabbing a piece of gum or putting on a belt. That's so ridiculously stupid I'm not even sure where to start.

They are doing it to protect themselves. Which again Is completely paranoid if you can't even go to the grocery store without going strapped.

I stay strapped whenever I step out my door. So.. I'm scared? :huh:

Getting the wife a new Glock 43... single stack.. will get the mag extenders. She commutes.. takes the train.. not a cop in site and crazy homeless everywhere. They sleep on the train.. this hippy town lets them do whatever they want.

She's applying for her concealed carry tomorrow.

Getting the wife a new Glock 43... single stack.. will get the mag extenders. She commutes.. takes the train.. not a cop in site and crazy homeless everywhere. They sleep on the train.. this hippy town lets them do whatever they want.

Very sexy.

I take that as you can't back up your ######. I'm disappointed.

Clarify what you think I'm lying about. You should be able to link the post, and me being "owned" thereafter.

Here's a couple links to tide you over: https://journals.lww.com/jtrauma/Abstract/1998/08000/Injuries_and_Deaths_Due_to_Firearms_in_the_Home.10.aspx

Objectives Determine the relative frequency with which guns in the home are used to injure or kill in self-defense, compared with the number of times these weapons are involved in an unintentional injury, suicide attempt, or criminal assault or homicide.

Methods We reviewed the police, medical examiner, emergency medical service, emergency department, and hospital records of all fatal and nonfatal shootings in three U.S. cities: Memphis, Tennessee; Seattle, Washington; and Galveston, Texas.

Results During the study interval (12 months in Memphis, 18 months in Seattle, and Galveston) 626 shootings occurred in or around a residence. This total included 54 unintentional shootings, 118 attempted or completed suicides, and 438 assaults/homicides. Thirteen shootings were legally justifiable or an act of self-defense, including three that involved law enforcement officers acting in the line of duty. For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides.

Conclusions Guns kept in homes are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal accidental shooting, criminal assault, or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.

http://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/1814426/accessibility-firearms-risk-suicide-homicide-victimization-among-household-members-systematic

Data were pooled from 16 observational studies that assessed the odds of suicide or homicide, yielding pooled ORs of 3.24 (95% CI, 2.41 to 4.40) and 2.00 (CI, 1.56 to 3.02), respectively. When only studies that used interviews to determine firearm accessibility were considered, the pooled OR for suicide was 3.14 (CI, 2.29 to 4.43).

Conclusion:

Access to firearms is associated with risk for completed suicide and being the victim of homicide

And this post has a bunch of other links http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=454996&p=5706089

Of all the poasters on this bored, you are probably the only one I'd trust carrying a concealed weapon. Not only do you have the appropriate training to use it, you don't have a penchant for flying off the handle when things aren't going your way. Nor do you seem likely to be under the influence often.

And I wouldn't blame you for being a bit scared, as you've likely crossed paths with a bunch of bad hombres over the course of your career.

• Like 1

You... probably not scared. More paranoid than maybe I am? Sure.

Gonna go on a limb here and guess most schools with SRO are mostly black schools. Same with metal detectors.

Every school in Tennessee had one. Even primary schools.

Why that vs. the smaller 380 Glock, and why the mag extenders?

Why that vs. the smaller 380 Glock, and why the mag extenders?

I've seen/held them both.. not much difference.. mag extenders for a better grip.. round capacity.. also 9mm rds are cheap and everywhere

I've seen/held them both.. not much diffefence.. mag extenders for a better grip.. round capacity.. also 9mm rds are cheap and everywhere

Thanks. Better grip for her or you (or both)? Good point on the 9mm rounds. Asking for a friend. :ninja:

• Like 1

Yep, because even with existing safety precautions you're still MUCH more likely to die in a car accident than by being shot, and there are still many things you can do to make yourselves much safer in your car - the afore-mentioned helmet, a five-point-harness, a roll-cage, etc,- but you probably don't do any of them. And that's because none of this is really about protecting yourself, it's about thinking you're cool because you're packing a gun.

Yea, but almost everyone packs a car. Quite a few less pack a gun.

Junk statistics on your part, fucko :nono:

:wave:

Thanks. Better grip for her or you (or both)? Good point on the 9mm rounds. Asking for a friend. :ninja:

Both.. I have carnie cabbage hands.

Getting the wife a new Glock 43... single stack.. will get the mag extenders.

All the better to kill you with in your sleep if / when you REALLY piss her off :doublethumbsup:

You might be better off spending the money getting yourself some "mag extenders" down there...If you know what I mean :ninja:

All the better to kill you with in your sleep if / when you REALLY piss her off :doublethumbsup:

You might be better off spending the money getting yourself some "mag extenders" down there...If you know what I mean :ninja:

She's Native and Hispanic.. she'd rather just cut me.. stabby like.

Oh.. I've enough round left in the ol gun to get the job done! 😃

Shooter killed her...(that shot also struck the other student).

Then he walked away...confronted by the SRO, he put the gun to his head and killed himself (SRO hit him in the hand).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-great-mills-shooting-update-20180326-story.html

Im all for SROs...but this seems to not help the narrative that he was "stopped" from doing more by another with a gun.

We can't know for sure...but if nobody stops him...or confronts him at all...does he fire another shot at the school?

Does he put the gun to his own head if anyone at all confronts him?

Does he leave and kill himself after...somewhere else?

Does he leave...and when police catch up with him (because I doubt he gets very far)...does he then put the gun to his head?

Nearly every situation...likely involves him putting the gun to his own head and taking his own life.

His objective clearly was to shoot this girl...then possibly himself. He does not appear to fit any category of trying to inflict more casualties.

Bash away...Im sure some of you will.

more than likely this situation wouldnt have turned into mass shooter

but its a spurned lover type situation, maybe he would have tried to find the other dude

That is possible as well.

Was there even an other dude? Or just she broke up with him?

Shooter killed her...(that shot also struck the other student).

Then he walked away...confronted by the SRO, he put the gun to his head and killed himself (SRO hit him in the hand).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-great-mills-shooting-update-20180326-story.html

Im all for SROs...but this seems to not help the narrative that he was "stopped" from doing more by another with a gun.

We can't know for sure...but if nobody stops him...or confronts him at all...does he fire another shot at the school?

Does he put the gun to his own head if anyone at all confronts him?

Does he leave and kill himself after...somewhere else?

Does he leave...and when police catch up with him (because I doubt he gets very far)...does he then put the gun to his head?

Nearly every situation...likely involves him putting the gun to his own head and taking his own life.

His objective clearly was to shoot this girl...then possibly himself. He does not appear to fit any category of trying to inflict more casualties.

Bash away...Im sure some of you will.

Just so I'm clear the shooter still in possession of his weapon was confronted by the SRO shot himself and you think the SRO didn't stop him?

You're hanging your hat on that?

Just so I'm clear the shooter still in possession of his weapon was confronted by the SRO shot himself and you think the SRO didn't stop him?

You're hanging your hat on that?

Im saying the shooter after firing one shot...didnt fire another until he took his own life.

Im saying the logical conclusion is that he was not there to inflict more damage than he did.

Im saying the logical conclusion is that he would have taken his own life whether there or after on his own or when confronted by police.

And im saying that I still applaud the SRO for the job he did.

Then again...I realize logic is wasted on you.

I realize logic is wasted on you.

Dude, you live in your fantasy delusional world where you block people that you disagree with. How many xanex have you had today?

Prove me wrong Pen.

What happened to Alias Detective?

Dude, you live in your fantasy delusional world where you block people that you disagree with. How many xanex have you had today?

Lol