Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Going to see the "Book of Mormon" tonight

Taking the lady to see The Book of Mormon tonight. I figure it should be a good show from what i've read. That and i feel that the south park guys should be able to write a good show. Anyone seen this, and if so was it a good time?

Haven't seen it. Unfortunately, the original full cast has slowly done an exodus to bigger and better things. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has even had a bad thing to say about the show after seeing it. It's very raunchy and explicit at times, but if you've ever watched the South Park movie, you would be fully prepared. Fortunately, they are going to work on a big screen adaptation so that I may be able to see it some day.

Fortunately, they are going to work on a big screen adaptation so that I may be able to see it some day.

Isn't there a bus you can take to the theater? :(

One of the best shows I ever saw. If you are Mormon and don't have a sense of humor, you will probably find it really offensive. For the rest of us, it was hilarious.

:thumbsup:

Isn't there a bus you can take to the theater? :(

I believe the show is sold out for the next 2 years, I don't want to pay stupid, exorbitant scalper prices, and from what I've been told, the seats are uncomfortably small and allow no leg room. I'm 6'3" and don't want to have my knees black and blue for any reason other than glory hole related.

Saw it last September I think. Wifey really wanted to go. South Park style, but its a musical, so Jazz hands aplenty, and a lot of gay hamming it up. Pretty good overall.

About 6'3" also, don't remember being uncomfortable.

I really want to see it, where is it being put-on?

My girlfriend and I flew to new york for the sole purpose of watching this play and it was worth every penny. It might possibly be the funniest show of all time.

My girlfriend and I flew to new york for the sole purpose of watching this play and it was worth every penny. It might possibly be the funniest show of all time.

very good to hear. I will be seeing the version put on in Des Moines... i know... gay... and probably not as cool as seeing it on broadway. I'm pretty pumped though.

And jackaroot...

In the midwest it is in Des Moines right now, but i think Minneapolis and Chicago are up next. Probably not as good as seeing it on broadway, but what is a hick/farmer like me to do? :cheers:

very good to hear. I will be seeing the version put on in Des Moines... i know... gay... and probably not as cool as seeing it on broadway. I'm pretty pumped though.

And jackaroot...

In the midwest it is in Des Moines right now, but i think Minneapolis and Chicago are up next. Probably not as good as seeing it on broadway, but what is a hick/farmer like me to do? :cheers:

Cool, I hope they stop in Indy :cheers:

, and from what I've been told, the seats are uncomfortably small and allow no leg room. I'm 6'3" and don't want to have my knees black and blue for any reason other than glory hole related.

Did Jesus complain that Joseph Smiths hat was cramped?

:mad:

Did Jesus complain that Joseph Smiths hat was cramped?

:mad:

No, but I don't want to be sitting there all uncomfortable as if I had a thummim up my ass.

No, but I don't want to be sitting there all uncomfortable as if I had a thummim up my ass.

can the seer stones still read the thummim once it has been up your ass? :dunno:

One of the best shows I ever saw. If you are Mormon and don't have a sense of humor, you will probably find it really offensive. For the rest of us, it was hilarious.

:thumbsup:

Yup. LOVED it! Although the folks I went with weren't quite as into it as I was.