Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Affordable Care Act ruled unconstitutional

https://start.att.net/news/read/article/cnn-federal_judge_in_texas_strikes_down_affordable_car-cnn2/category/news

Trump immediately tweeted in celebration on Friday and called on Congress to act.

"As I predicted all along, Obamacare has been struck down as an UNCONSTITUTIONAL disaster! Now Congress must pass a STRONG law that provides GREAT healthcare and protects pre-existing conditions. Mitch and Nancy, get it done!" Trump wrote.

If the important parts of Obamacare are kept, like protecting pre existing conditions and mandating children are allowed under their parents insurance until 26, then I am for the change.

Obamacare paved the way for these important clauses, which is why I appreciate it. Now let's see congress build on the positives

It will get appealed. I do think that they should have an individual mandate with a penalty. When that was struck, that is the what the court ruled made it unconstitutional.

Why doesnt Trump have a plan? I know Congress passes legislation but Trump hasnt presented anything other than his promise to replace the ACA with something magnificent. What is his policy?

Why doesnt Trump have a plan? I know Congress passes legislation but Trump hasnt presented anything other than his promise to replace the ACA with something magnificent. What is his policy?

You'll have to wait until it's passed to find out what the plan is.

That should be enough for you, right? Since that is the line we got last time and you didn't ask any questions then, amiright?

Does it matter?

It will get appealed. I do think that they should have an individual mandate with a penalty.

Why?

That should be enough for you, right? Since that is the line we got last time and you didn't ask any questions then, amiright?

It was unfortunate, but in the end it worked out. Some important things were changed that needed to be changed. Now it's time to build on what we have learned from ACA shortcomings and pass something that will last for a long time

It was unfortunate, but in the end it worked out. Some important things were changed that needed to be changed. Now it's time to build on what we have learned from ACA shortcomings and pass something that will last for a long time

It didnt work out for small business owners or individuals who are not poor and not covered by their employer.

• Like 2

Yea that line was the biggest bunch of bullsh1t ever. Cant believe no liberal wanted to call Obama out on that crap. If Trump tried to do that liberals would swear hes trying to get them to approve slavery

You couldve just said he has no HC plan.

It didnt work out for small business owners or individuals who are not poor and not covered by their employer.

No it didn't work out for everyone, but like i said it made changes that needed changing. The entire system is extremely flawed, but it had to change. The Republicans should have passed a better plan if they wanted it that badly

You could've just said that you'll wait until something is passed before even considering questioning it. Y'know, like you did the last time.

How would you know what I said? It wasnt until years later when you followed Sho over here.

How would you know what I said? It wasnt until years later when you followed Sho over here.

Sho told me you said it, right after you two moved in together and you got a mold made of his c@ck for your birthday cake. BTW, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad you two found each other and fell in love. Hopefully that makes you a better person.

Sho told me you said it, right after you two moved in together and you got a mold made of his c@ck for your birthday cake.

What kind of frosting? Because that can make or break a cake. Even something as personal as a cack cake

I don't know why pre-existing conditions became such a talking point. Maybe because most people have no clue how insurance works?

If you had Medicaid, Medicare, VA, or employer based insurance pre-existing conditions have always been covered.

The only people who had to worry about it were people with individual plans.

But the politicians have convinced people that if that exemption was removed all of a sudden anyone who has ever been sick would never be able to go to the doctor.

Propaganda at its finest.

Yea that line was the biggest bunch of bullsh1t ever. Cant believe no liberal wanted to call Obama out on that crap. If Trump tried to do that liberals would swear hes trying to get them to approve slavery

It was crappy legislation. Now Trump is in charge. Whats his HC plan?

It was crappy legislation. Now Trump is in charge. Whats his HC plan?

And once again, it shouldn't matter to you. You'll have to wait and be okay with that - like you were the last time.

https://start.att.net/news/read/article/cnn-federal_judge_in_texas_strikes_down_affordable_car-cnn2/category/news

Trump immediately tweeted in celebration on Friday and called on Congress to act.

"As I predicted all along, Obamacare has been struck down as an UNCONSTITUTIONAL disaster! Now Congress must pass a STRONG law that provides GREAT healthcare and protects pre-existing conditions. Mitch and Nancy, get it done!" Trump wrote.

If the important parts of Obamacare are kept, like protecting pre existing conditions and mandating children are allowed under their parents insurance until 26, then I am for the change.

Obamacare paved the way for these important clauses, which is why I appreciate it. Now let's see congress build on the positives

IMO if you believe this whole push is about anything other than getting rid of coverage for those with pre-existing conditions, then you arent seeing things clearly.

Coverage for those with pre-existing conditions is the financial driver of the whole situation, which is why the lobbiests/donors and therefore politicians care. The focus on individual mandates and constitutionality are just the angle taken due to some legal openings there, and because it plays better than saying we need to eliminate the options for those with pre-existing conditions.

No it didn't work out for everyone, but like i said it made changes that needed changing. The entire system is extremely flawed, but it had to change. The Republicans should have passed a better plan if they wanted it that badly

The system is flawed. But the politicians have convinced uninformed people that the flaws are due to how healthcare is paid for (aka insurance)

It doesn't matter who pays for it as long as the system is rigged. And by system I mean the healthcare providers, drug companies, etc. They charge 5x-10x the actual cost of their services if an insurance company is covering the bill vs someone paying cash.

Similar to the problem with college costs. It isn't how to pay for it (loans, savings) that is the problem, it is a bloated and corrupt system that is the problem.

I don't know why pre-existing conditions became such a talking point. Maybe because most people have no clue how insurance works?

If you had Medicaid, Medicare, VA, or employer based insurance pre-existing conditions have always been covered.

But the politicians have convinced people that if that exemption was removed all of a sudden anyone who has ever been sick would never be able to go to the doctor.

Not even them. It was illegal not to cover people with pre-existing conditions as long as they maintained continuous coverage. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I've never gone without health insurance. And if I had a pre-existing condition I would be even more diligent about maintaining coverage. The whole pre-existing condition argument was bullsh*t from the get go.

You are mostly correct in an idealistic sort of way, but the reality was a bit more complex.

Example. If a company hired someone with pre-existing conditions, the rates for the entire company would be raised substantially.

Legally speaking, the company just had to keep their mouth shut and raise everyone in the companys rates and judge the employee on his/her merits as a worker. But in reality, they knew that employee was costing them and each of the other employees a ton of money. Once you know that sort of thing, you cant unknow it.

That said, legally speaking, what you say was correct in my personal experience. And even if someone with pre-existing conditions had to have an individual plan, there were high risk pools out there that were subsidized and whatnot. The premiums may have been several thousand dollars a month and the lifetime caps were very low, but they could at least keep people alive if that person could find a way to make really good money so they could afford the risk pool premiums.

Not even them. It was illegal not to cover people with pre-existing conditions as long as they maintained continuous coverage. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I've never gone without health insurance. And if I had a pre-existing condition I would be even more diligent about maintaining coverage. The whole pre-existing condition argument was bullsh*t from the get go.

However, for people with pre-existing conditions, the insurance companies basically priced you out of either being able to maintain insurance or from even getting good insurance in the first place.

I asked my doctor if i was considered to have flat feet. This is the union provided health insurance plan before ACA. He told me I don't, but he said I should never tell my insurance I do because it would be considered a pre existing condition and not covered.

You are mostly correct in an idealistic sort of way, but the reality was a bit more complex.

Example. If a company hired someone with pre-existing conditions, the rates for the entire company would be raised substantially.

Legally speaking, the company just had to keep their mouth shut and raise everyone in the companys rates and judge the employee on his/her merits as a worker. But in reality, they knew that employee was costing them and each of the other employees a ton of money. Once you know that sort of thing, you cant unknow it.

That said, legally speaking, what you say was correct in my personal experience. And even if someone with pre-existing conditions had to have an individual plan, there were high risk pools out there that were subsidized and whatnot. The premiums may have been several thousand dollars a month and the lifetime caps were very low, but they could at least keep people alive if that person could find a way to make really good money so they could afford the risk pool premiums.

of course, your pre-existing condition might have made it impossible for you to make really good money thereby rendering a person to effectively being priced out of getting good insurance, or any insurance at all.

That's the issue I have with the pre-existing condition issue.

The system is flawed. But the politicians have convinced uninformed people that the flaws are due to how healthcare is paid for (aka insurance)

It doesn't matter who pays for it as long as the system is rigged. And by system I mean the healthcare providers, drug companies, etc. They charge 5x-10x the actual cost of their services if an insurance company is covering the bill vs someone paying cash.

Similar to the problem with college costs. It isn't how to pay for it (loans, savings) that is the problem, it is a bloated and corrupt system that is the problem.

We do have to address the cost side. It is out of whack

of course, your pre-existing condition might have made it impossible for you to make really good money thereby rendering a person to effectively being priced out of getting good insurance, or any insurance at all.

That's the issue I have with the pre-existing condition issue.

I am sure Trumps spectacular plan will fix it. :thumbsup:

Absofuckinglutely!

Nice to see you coming around on Trump. :thumbsup:

Absolutely. Lets just hope he gets around to addressing healthcare during his first term.

Should people born with certain diseases be at a disadvantage when getting loans? I suspect the life insurance industry to be under attack soon.

Think about it. How can you get a loan without having the proper life insurance to cover it? I know, pay more than the lucky guy who was born healthy..... Seems like something should be done about this.

It didnt work out for small business owners

:thumbsup:

My deductible is going to $7900 in '19 and monthly premium is $272,for that I get a wellness exam and a flu shot.Right now I have a nasty ear infection but trying to make it to next year before I go get it checked so the visit will count towards the $7900 :mad:

Wow, a Judge finally got one right. :thumbsup:

How do you know he doesn't have a plan? Believe it or not, the president doesn't just get to throw out existing law. The courts do that.

However, for people with pre-existing conditions, the insurance companies basically priced you out of either being able to maintain insurance or from even getting good insurance in the first place.

- To an extent. I'm not saying there weren't issues but the argument was that people with pre-existing conditions simply couldn't get insurance, and that is simply not true. And it's understandable why a requirement that you keep continuous insurance be a condition for an insurance company to not be able to deny you insurance. Otherwise, people might just wait until they get sick to decide to purchase insurance to begin with.

- Can we please quit with the "insurance companies are bad" global mantra. A number of the larger insurers are non profit. Blue Cross and Kaiser for example. Those companies aren't simply trying to screw everyone for larger corporate profit.

The bottom line is that cost is what is killing us. And the ACA did little to address cost. There are many common sense provisions that could have been in that bill that could have helped such as forcing medical providers to disclose the cost of procedures so consumers could actually shop around for doctors when they needed procedures instead of just paying whatever a given doctor charges. Also, going after prescription costs. But, of course, the medical and pharmaceutical lobbies prevented that.

:thumbsup:

I have a nasty ear infection but trying to make it to next year before I go get it checked so the visit will count towards the $7900 :mad:

That's retarded. Go get the focking ear infection taken care of.