Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys

From one joke team to another

Giving up a #one draft pick for this bum....lol

That seems like a steal for the Raiders. I don't know if the Cowboys can keep Cooper from disappearing but a 1st rounder for him is a lot. Doesn't seem like it leaves a lot of leeway for Dallas to come out ahead, best case for them is break even imo.

Mike I think there's a typo in your post... It says a first round pick was traded.

• Like 1

Great trade for the Raiders.

That said....Cowboys had to take a WR in the 1st. So it was a choice between Cooper and a WR at pick 14 I guess. How much of Coopers suckiness was Raiders related?

Regardless, this cant hurt Coopers FF value. But not much could.

• Like 1

For real though, can anyone recall a bigger fleecing in recent memory? Put aside Amari being flat out bad for a sec, we usually see much better guysnget traded for much less. A 1st rounder is usually for no brainer pro bowlers and they are rare trades.

On an unrelated note, Dez Bryant was observed repeatedly slapping his mama.

Definitely a steal for the Raiders.

Cowboys are now out a first round pick (quite possibly an early first round pick), will have to pay Cooper 14 million next year, and have to sign him to a long term (probably big money) contract.

He is not getting big money unless he goes to town in the 1.5-season audition. And no, this was not a great landing spot for him. But Dak will be instructed to throw footballs in his general direction to validate the trade so we will get to see how it all goes. I think Gallup should benefit from the coverage rolling towards Cooper.

• Like 1

I'm hoping this move makes it so Zeke only has to face 9 in the box instead of his usual 10...

He is not getting big money unless he goes to town in the 1.5-season audition. And no, this was not a great landing spot for him. But Dak will be instructed to throw footballs in his general direction to validate the trade so we will get to see how it all goes. I think Gallup should benefit from the coverage rolling towards Cooper.

Sammy Watkins got 16 million a year, Allen Robinson 14 million.

Unless Cooper completely flames out, somebody probably will offer a contract in that area.

Well played/true true.

But at least there was an excuse of some kind for those folks. Cooper seems to be less in the clear than those guys, right? ARob was stuck with jags and Bortles AND he got hurt. Watkins has a weird foot thing and he was just a decoy in LA. Cooper...ummmm...got outclassed by Crabtree and managed to pick up Crabs bad habit of dropping a bunch of passes and not being shifty enough to get open?

A first?! Holy hell that is bad.

I fully agree. based on production (and even the eye test) I am not even sure he is worth a 2nd round pick

Gruden now has three first round picks to fock up next year.

Jerry is getting old. Desperate to get one so they can't say it was all Jimmy Johnson. Even though everyone gone knows it was. Delusional.

Nice. Picked him up off waivers last week, hoping he would get moved. Will probably never make my line-up either way...

Cleveland getting a first round pick for Trent Richardson

For real though, can anyone recall a bigger fleecing in recent memory? Put aside Amari being flat out bad for a sec, we usually see much better guysnget traded for much less. A 1st rounder is usually for no brainer pro bowlers and they are rare trades.

Cleveland getting a first round pick for Trent Richardson

When that trade went down, people ripped Cleveland for it. A year later it was a completely lopsided trade in favor of Cleveland. There's a chance this will be the same way. After all, this is a trade between Jerry Jones and Jon Gruden and I don't trust either of their judgment.

Trent was a bit of a jerk, he could EAT, and he was run down from years at Bama. Jim Brown hated on him early and the Colts allegedly knew they were screwed soon after he arrived in town. But Cleveland actually did a decent job of not announcing to watch that Trent was weak.

Cooper was at the floor of his value, there has been all sorts of hate on his name and game, he is just coming off of injuries and a concussion, and them boys still forked over a first rounder for him. Insane.

I could see a QB like Brady or Rodgers kicking this guy's ass into being ok, but freakin Dak Prescott? Oh my.

While initially I thought this was a real bad trade for the Cowboys (i still like it more for thr Raiders).....i think people are getting a little outlandish here. Is it the fantasy football in all of you who act like he is hot garbage? I know he has let your fantasy seasons down....but did he turn into garbage overnight? The guy disappears way too often but hr put up 10 for 120ish vs Denver this year. He has big games. So I question with how he has been used. Yes he has had a lot of drops but he still seems capable at times of putting up big numbers. Are we all assuming he just totally lost it after "making" 2 pro bowls already?

Here is what I know and or assume. Good and bad.

-he is basically a rookie in terms of age.

-cowboys miss out on his rookie contract however

-still a long way to go. But we can assume Cowboys pick will be somewhere between 12-20.

-im not a fan of WRs in the first or trading a 1st for one unless they are elite talents and not headcases.

-the cowboys would have taken a WR in the 1st or 2nd next draft.

I think Raiders got a nice return for a guy they didnt mind parting with. Cowboys probably overpaid. But ai think this worst trade of alll time talk is a bit much. I am assuming 24 year old Cooper didnt just randomly lose his ability. I love to bash the Cowboys as much as the next guy. But I am not sure this is as awful as everyone is making it out to be.

• Like 1

This was so stupid I can't believe the Bears didn't do it. That's right, they don't have any picks left.

Is this a good time to remind everybody the Patriots only paid a 5th for Josh Gordon? :dunno:

Ha! Stupid Cowboys. I wonder who was offering a second? Nobody. Jerry channeling George Steinbrenner, bidding against himself.

For real though, can anyone recall a bigger fleecing in recent memory?

The Trent Richardson trade to the Colts was probably a bigger fleecing.

Desperation move to say the least. It's very difficult for a WR to learn an offense in a mid-season trade. Even if he does grasp it, he'll still have to overcome his drop issues.

Dallas giving up the 14th pick if season season ended today.

TErrible deal

Reports Philly offered a 2nd.

Which will be a back end second. Far cry from a front end or middle first.

On an unrelated note, Dez Bryant was observed repeatedly slapping his mama.

Wouldn't be the first time :doh:

Desperation move to say the least. It's very difficult for a WR to learn an offense in a mid-season trade. Even if he does grasp it, he'll still have to overcome his drop issues.

Dallas giving up the 14th pick if season season ended today.

TErrible deal

This offense is so bland Amari won't have a problem learning the plays.

Maybe this is a move for next year for the boys. I like the idea of a player with some talent finding a place. But I have overt concerns that this is a case of a kid with ugly warts on his game that playing in Dallas will not fix. He has a Michael Floyd type of future staring him in the face.

devil's advocate time, because i'm too depressed right now and am trying to find a silver lining.

an awful lot of people--including a lot of serious analysts--thought DAL should have drafted ridley in '18. WR was an even bigger need for '19, but the top-end prospects just aren't there. cooper and ridley are the same age, but cooper is substantially better and has a demonstrated history of WR1 production. and he's the right kind of receiver for dak--a route/separation guy instead of a sandlot/contested catch guy. so what the cowboys did here was to draft a top WR prospect with their '19 1st. assuming that the due diligence was good, the only measurable downside to this move (compared to drafting ridley in '18) would be the loss of 3 years of rookie scale cap space.

so if DAL wasn't intending to draft a QB in '19, this wasn't an absolutely terrible move. if nothing else, it takes away the "no weapons" excuse from dak, as his 2nd contract negotiations loom.

Is this a good time to remind everybody the Patriots only paid a 5th for Josh Gordon? :dunno:

While I agree with the point and thought Cooper for a 2nd was more reasonable.....

Im seeing a lot of twitter posts and comments laughing at Gordon being gotten for a 5th.....Gordon has managed 15 games in 5 seasons, and he has averaged 58 yards a game in that span.