Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Kevin Kolb

With the addition of Floyd in the draft to pair with Fitz, does Kolb suddenly have any value? A pair of 6'3"/220ish WR's and possible Ryan Williams back in the fold. I know they'll still have some o-line issues, but is there anything redeeming about Kolb now?

If Kolb somehow manages to start the entire season it won't shock me if he puts up low end starter numbers. But I think he's going to outright lose his job to Skelton so until further notice, he has no value.

If Kolb somehow manages to start the entire season it won't shock me if he puts up low end starter numbers. But I think he's going to outright lose his job to Skelton so until further notice, he has no value.

This.

Kolb may begin as the starter because of their financial commitment, but Skelton has far more potential and I believe the staff shares that opinion. They'll look for the right opportunity to give him the job for good.

Skelton is da man!

I don't understand why everyone is on Skelton's jock. He has a career 52.6% completion rate and 66.9 QB rating. This guy is NOT starting caliber.

That said, Kolb sucks too, so no I don't think he has much value even with those weapons to throw to.

He has missed multiple games due to concussion in the last two years. He is as good as done.

I don't understand why everyone is on Skelton's jock. He has a career 52.6% completion rate and 66.9 QB rating. This guy is NOT starting caliber.

Not a Cards fan but live here and see them play all the time.

Skelton's had a baptism by fire. They never expected him to have to play this soon, yet he's started 11 games in 2 years with a 7-4 record. This season he went 5-2 with wins @Philly and vs San Fran.

He's raw as can be, but aside from two games in his rookie season, I've never seen him look intimidated by the moment. He's only 24, big, strong, athletic, live arm, very bright. Considering he played at Fordham, where he was as big as most of the D-linemen, he's come a long way in a hurry. I believe he's their QB of the future and a quality NFL starter.

Kolb has always been a hype hogger, but the cards signed him as their starting qb and he had only had like five games under his belt. Last Season he couldn't even stay healthy and when he did, he was throwing like 150 yards a game and at most 2 tds. With the right training and targets he will be an elite quarterback, but for now he has little to no value as a starting quarterback. John Skelton showed more enthuasiasm last year than Kolb did.