Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Amari Cooper

No one was saying this in week 1. A 3 TD week and suddenly everyone has it figured out.

Cooper has a higher ceiling and he's in his 3rd year.......so still learning.

Like you mention Crabs is a better value than Cooper at this very moment. That could change quickly.

Actually during this pass summer it was mention on this board many time that Crabtree was the better value pick.

Many times.

Still is and will finsh the season being still.

You picked the wrong one, sorry.

• Like 1

Crabtree is a nice WR, on the wrong side of 30. He may currently be better than Cooper but I'm not buying that he will remain better. What he did in college is irrelevant now, since it was about a decade ago. Cooper was one of the best in college too, just 3 years ago. Time is on his side.

You need Carr to go down and maybe the backup will prefer Cooper. Carr isn't lookin at age and time. He's looking at Crabtree.

It's all about VBD.

Our money league, brother took Cooper (3rd), Falcons TQB (4th), Olsen (5th).

I took Patriots TQB (3rd), Kelse (4th), Crabtree (5th).

Needless to say I'm #1 in points, 2-0, brother is quite a ways behind.

Which combination would you rather have in a Money League ?

Awful lotta Crabtree fans in here who are very sure of how this is going to play out. Should be interesting.

It's not fandom. It's a history of results and trends. Don't get it twisted. Just be sad quietly you're an Amari owner.

It's all about VBD.

Our money league, brother took Cooper (3rd), Falcons TQB (4th), Olsen (5th).

I took Patriots TQB (3rd), Kelse (4th), Crabtree (5th).

Needless to say I'm #1 in points, 2-0, brother is quite a ways behind.

Which combination would you rather have in a Money League ?

The combination that has a TE that's playing.

Everyone chimes in when they're doing well. Plenty of guys that aren't and you never hear from them

It's not fandom. It's a history of results and trends. Don't get it twisted. Just be sad quietly you're an Amari owner.

It's about adding superfluous posts in order to take a jab at someone. I give, you win.

Crabtree is turning a very nice profit and probably will be a draft day deal when all is said and done. Not sure how that specifically only detracts from Cooper. Plenty of WRs with a price tag similar to Cooper's are being outscored by Crabtree. Cooks? Baldwin? Hilton? Dez? DT? Pryor? Alshon? I think you could argue Cooper is a better bet than most of those guys to reach his numbers this year. Oakland has an elite offense and Cooper has a history of producing top 12 numbers. Will he exceed past production this year? So far it looks pretty much the same. But as has been pointed out, no one was crowing after week 1. And if Cooper comes down with an EZ look...think it ended up being flagged for PI and Crabtree caught the very next pass for a score.....giving him ~60 and a score vs. Crabtree's 80 and 2 scores, I doubt much is being made about Cooper.

Take home message....investing in the Oakland offense was the way to go on draft day. These receivers are probably who they have been in the past, making Crabtree a bargain but both will be plenty useful for fantasy owners this year.

The combination that has a TE that's playing.

Everyone chimes in when they're doing well. Plenty of guys that aren't and you never hear from them

You're missing the point.

Regardless of injury, I'm showing you a better combination of players by selecting "other Raider WR" 3 rounds later, and getting a better QB and TE because of waiting for Crabtree.

That's assuming Crabtree and Coopers numbers are equal, after 2 weeks Crabtree is winning over Cooper.

So that's a better WR, QB and TE.

Brady > Ryan

Kelce > Olsen

Crabtree > Cooper

• Like 1

You're missing the point.

Regardless of injury, I'm showing you a better combination of players by selecting "other Raider WR" 3 rounds later, and getting a better QB and TE because of waiting for Crabtree.

That's assuming Crabtree and Coopers numbers are equal, after 2 weeks Crabtree is winning over Cooper.

So that's a better WR, QB and TE.

Brady > Ryan

Kelce > Olsen

Crabtree > Cooper

you nailed it, can do it with mine as well

Gronk, Crabtree, Hill

I took Gronk over Cooper, knowing Crabtree would be there, I like my team way more than if I took Cooper and passed on Crabtree

Awful lotta Crabtree fans in here who are very sure of how this is going to play out. Should be interesting.

Crab has been Carr's binky since day 1. Seems like its an Issac Bruce/Torry Holt dynamic. Cooper will pass him in time, but Crabs career hit its prime late in his 20's.

Indeed they do make a good wr1 amd wr2 combo on a ff team.

I have them both in one of my leagues. the only thing that scares me is one will have a 20 point and the other a 3 pt game and that happen last week.

Oakland hasn't had to do much this past couple weeks for a win. I think once you see a shootout, you'll see Amari with the WR1 type numbers. I would target him as a buy low right now.

Oakland hasn't had to do much this past couple weeks for a win. I think once you see a shootout, you'll see Amari with the WR1 type numbers. I would target him as a buy low right now.

Who is going to sell low on Cooper? And how low?

Cooper's Stats last 2 years

2016 83 1,153 13.9 5TD
2015 72 1,070 14.9 6TD

Crabtree Stats last 2 years

2016 89 1,003 11.3 8TD
2015 85 922 10.8 9TD

Why does this change substantially this year. Crabtree, draws a few more receptions, 3 more TD's and about 150 fewer yards. The difference between the two is nearly negligible. Why Cooper was going 2-3 rounds higher was beyond me. I suspect, barring injury, they'll finish this year with similar numbers as nothing has really changed with the situation of either one. There's no plausible reason not to project similar season stat lines for the two.

Cooper's Stats last 2 years

2016 83 1,153 13.9 5TD

2015 72 1,070 14.9 6TD

Crabtree Stats last 2 years

2016 89 1,003 11.3 8TD

2015 85 922 10.8 9TD

Why does this change substantially this year. Crabtree, draws a few more receptions, 3 more TD's and about 150 fewer yards. The difference between the two is nearly negligible. Why Cooper was going 2-3 rounds higher was beyond me. I suspect, barring injury, they'll finish this year with similar numbers as nothing has really changed with the situation of either one. There's no plausible reason not to project similar season stat lines for the two.

I'll take Crabtree as a WR2 or 3 and feel more confident in his weekly role.

Why has this become a Cooper vs Crabtree thread?

There's plenty to go around in that offense

I think that they go hand in hand because they limit each other. It's not like there's a WR1 and WR2 on this team. There are two WR 1.5's. And there is plenty to go around to keep them both as viable options, but they each limit the other from becoming top tier WR's.