Sign in to follow this  
patweisers44

RIP Glenn Frey

67, too damn young. Founding member of arguably the greatest band in US History.

Just saw the History of the Eagles tour this past summer, didn't think it would be the last time i saw that band.

Lot of music talent moving on to the other side lately....Lemmy, Bowie, now Frey.

:cry:

Wow. That was a surprise.

Was his guest when the Eagles played Charlotte 6 or 7 years ago.

Had the run of the stage area prior to the show. Glens side of the stage was pretty cool, but Joes side was a damn jungle full of guitars. I have no idea why anyone would take that many instruments on the road with them.

Still got a Glen Frey guitar pick from that night.

That band fockin smoked.

yeah found out a couple hours ago........this shitz gotta stop!!! :wall:

rest in peace Mr. Frey

This last couple years a few musicians / bands have risen to the top for me, that's Bowie, Rush, Eagles, 3 Dog Night & Jeff Lynne it's been a very couple of months. :(

Corey Wells (Three Dog Night)

Bowie

Glenn Frey

I could have seen them at Jazz Fest a few years ago and passed on them. Figured they'd be back sooner than later. Damn. RIP

Cause I'm already gone

Yes, I'm already gone

And I'm feelin' strong

I will sing this vict'ry song

Frey was great in the Eagles. Then there was 1980's Glenn Frey.... "The Heat Is On!" Thank god he'll never sing that again.

• Like 1

Frey was great in the Eagles. Then there was 1980's Glenn Frey.... "The Heat Is On!" Thank god he'll never sing that again.

I'll be looking for a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac tomorrow.

I look for Henley to ask Felder back and blame the whole misunderstanding on Frey.

:music_guitarred:

You've got a lot of nerve.

The Heat is on and You Belong to the City are good songs.

Joe Walsh outlives Glenn Frey - wow, could of got some damn good odds on that. :shocking:

RIP - you were a true great. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You Belong To The City is my fav tune from him. Was used a lot in Miami Vice, one of my fav late 80 shows with my then pretend boyfriend Don Johnson. :wub: RIP. :( Seems being in the late 60s is a curse these days...

dumb

Not dumb, jackass. When people die of "complications from pneumonia" nowadays, that means AIDS. Even DJB could probably google that and confirm.

So what was the real deal with Don Felder and Glenn Frey/Eagles? I was always under the impression was just about $$ - Felder thought he was getting screwed or something?

Even if he was - where was he going to get the fame and money he was getting as an Eagle? Dumbass.