Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Anyone here play in IDP leagues?

I was wondering what you thought about FFTodays rankings and projections.

Are they pretty good? Is there another site you use?

Thanks

I have before and this site has pretty good rankings, I looked here and on espn, although the scoring in IDP can vary widely, much more than standard leagues usually

I would say go for pass rushers, MLBs who get a ton of tackles and DBs who are also kick returners, that is if you get points for return yards

I was wondering what you thought about FFTodays rankings and projections.

Are they pretty good? Is there another site you use?

Thanks

I hate to say it, because I love me some fftoday, but i don't think they're very good. That being said it's difficult to ever find good IDP rankings.

I hate to say it, because I love me some fftoday, but i don't think they're very good. That being said it's difficult to ever find good IDP rankings.

Couple questions...

1. Do you do your own IDP projections / rankings?

2. What's lacking or what is it that you don't like about Antonio's IDP rankings?

IDP ranking is heavily affected by scoring rules and lineup requirements

• Like 1

That is spot on

For standard and PPR, there is a pretty general scoring system that most leagues follow to degree but that's not really the case for IDP

I play in an IDP league and I like the rankings. I use them as a general guideline to formulate my own. Some guys I move up higher and vice versa. It's a good starting point.

bingo.

and these guys have a couple of standard rating projections. if your league has different scoring/rules, you need to adjust for the differences.

one of the leagues I play in is a 2 QB league, and I have to tweak the fftoday rankings all the time.

I dont mind. the process of doing this actually makes me a more knowledgeable Fantasy football guy and you will find if you make your own adjustments, you will be better too.

Couple questions...

1. Do you do your own IDP projections / rankings?

2. What's lacking or what is it that you don't like about Antonio's IDP rankings?

I have to take it back. I'm looking at the rankings this year and they look pretty solid. In years past, I'd look at them and there would be some complete head scratchers.

I have to take it back. I'm looking at the rankings this year and they look pretty solid. In years past, I'd look at them and there would be some complete head scratchers.

I love the head scratcher, makes me evaluate more. Those head scratchers is why I use the site as a base-line, non-traditional thinking. In the end I make my expert analysis.

I love the head scratcher, makes me evaluate more. Those head scratchers is why I use the site as a base-line, non-traditional thinking. In the end I make my expert analysis.

Yeah. It's fine to take risks, but you better get it right or else you're just really wrong.

Yeah. It's fine to take risks, but you better get it right or else you're just really wrong.

Being wrong is the least of my worries, unforeseeable injuries and the unexpected changes that hurt.

I'm putting that middle linebacker Ja'Whaun Bentley on my radar. I know the Eagles came out amazingly flat, but he was able to run with Jay Ajayi. I think he's the only linebacker they have with that kind of speed. He also seems to be in the right place at the right time all the time. He might end up being a three down linebacker for them.

If he starts game 3 and doesn't play much week 4 in the preseason, look out for him to be good value in that you can probably get him for free.

Also Nigel Bradham doesn't know how to hit without using the crown of his helmet, I'd be worried about him. I think the Eagles as a whole are going to have trouble with that rule save Jordan Hicks, who I think will benefit greatly from a less physical brand of football.

I'm putting that middle linebacker Ja'Whaun Bentley on my radar. I know the Eagles came out amazingly flat, but he was able to run with Jay Ajayi. I think he's the only linebacker they have with that kind of speed. He also seems to be in the right place at the right time all the time. He might end up being a three down linebacker for them.

If he starts game 3 and doesn't play much week 4 in the preseason, look out for him to be good value in that you can probably get him for free.

Also Nigel Bradham doesn't know how to hit without using the crown of his helmet, I'd be worried about him. I think the Eagles as a whole are going to have trouble with that rule save Jordan Hicks, who I think will benefit greatly from a less physical brand of football.

Hicks is great.

When he's actually on the field of course.