Sign in to follow this  
Torn

General Draft Discussion

This will be the thread where you can:

* Inform folks of availability during the draft

* Provide approximate time for you to make a selection

* Request proxy help for a future time (just text if proxy is needed in real time)

* Comment favorably on draft selections

* Mock your fellow manager's selections

* Curse your fellow managers for selecting the guy you were about to pick

* Talk about whatever else you'd like to talk about

DO NOT:

* Use this thread to post draft picks (separate threads will be established to do that)

* Use this thread to post trades (initiate your own thread for this - remember that your trade partner needs to confirm via the thread as well)

And we're off! Thanks to everyone for your help and support to this point. It feels great that we've made it to draft time!

For those unaware, I'm a native Bostonian (complete with accent) and I HAVE to grab a Red Sox play-ah or two every season, sometimes on a reach. :-) Luckily, this season, I got to grab the most common #2 draft pick who coincidentally is from the home team! Hom-ah-ism is now cov-ahd!

LOL. I just took my first homer pick (being a native Virginian and Nats fan) with Bryce Harper at spot 1.05. Perhaps a slight reach but really think he has a bounce back season.

Won't lie was hoping for harper. Then had talked myself into Kershaw but was pretty sure he'd go. But I chose pick 7 due to having a preferred top 7 ending with Manny.

Won't lie was hoping for harper. Then had talked myself into Kershaw but was pretty sure he'd go. But I chose pick 7 due to having a preferred top 7 ending with Manny.

And there goes that wet dream of snagging Manny! :mad:

For 1.11, Godfather is at a meeting - said about 15 mins...

And there goes that wet dream of snagging Manny! :mad:

Sweet sassy molassy!......booyah

Going offline in a few mins - away until about 7:30pm ET. Great job by everyone, by the way. Already into the second round...

I have sent a text to gratefulted as well to let him know he's up...

Cool. Wasn't sure encarnacion would make it. Would have hoped for freeman if not but very close in my rating. Good pick ted.

Surprised Scherzer lasted that long and surprised at SP run already. Not what I'm used to seeing here, but every season is different. Was happy to sneak Lester in there. He was my last 2nd tier SP and was afraid Harry would snipe him.

Surprised Scherzer lasted that long and surprised at SP run already. Not what I'm used to seeing here, but every season is different. Was happy to sneak Lester in there. He was my last 2nd tier guy and was afraid Harry would snipe him.

with 3 picks to go before my 2nd rounder I had them Encarnacion, Marte, Freeman, Scherzer in my head. I probably shoudnt be that concerned with his finger but that more or less led me to be hoping one of the other 3 fell. That and I have a long list of pitchers in my 3rd tier.... Kershaw --- Bum/Healthy Max/ Thor / Arrieta --- long tier 3. My tier 3 is probably more generous than most others though.

Archer :mad:

Story felt a little "reachy" for me where I took him, but with Correa, Lindor, Villar, Seager and Segura all taken as keepers and Machado and Bogaerts already drafted, Story was the only remaining SS of any interest to me outside of sleeper/lottery ticket land...

I knew Story would go high and I probably should have kept him for a 12th round pricE.

Didn't expect the SP run and figured Sale, Scherzer, or Lester would make it back to me.

Here's to hoping Greinke has a much better year this year!

I think we're on hold at this point. Tucker and JMU88 are on vacation. There's a shot they'll check in later, so check in periodically over the weekend. But, at a minimum, things are likely to slow down until Monday. Enjoy the weekend, all! Great job so far...

Hey torn I sent you a PM regarding my aquired 6.12 pick

EDIT BY TORN - All set!

Nice Strasburg pick. He was my likely selection if I kept 3.7

I have to say, even though it's still early in the draft... WhiteWonder has got an awesome team. Being able to choose from a solid list of keepers to start with, he's got 3 1st rounders out of the gate and 7 players ranked in the top 85 after just 3 rounds of drafting.

Tucker is also starting off strong...

It looks like it was a good year to be a new entry into the league! YIKES!

With McCutchen on board I have another player who had an off year. They're both too good for it to continue.

Nice Strasburg pick. He was my likely selection if I kept 3.7

Thanks. I looked at Stras spring news, ...and it was a bit troubling. But I figured he is understandably tweaking, trying to optimize his weapons--experimenting. And his troubles the other day caused him to drop too far. Oh, ...and I agree with Torn, ...WW's team is downright horrifying. We definitely need a post-draft whammy vote, ...oops, ...umm, ...I mean a post-draft BEST TEAM EVER vote. :wave:

I'm reaching here based on most ADP but I passed him over in another league and I regret it. I think he's got something to prove and I don't pick again until 6.6.. there are other players I love here too but got to go with another of my boys

So Joey Bats it is!

I took Bats in the 2nd round in 2014, ...won my 1st championship here with that team. Beyond the 'glass jaw' issue, I think he DOES have plenty to prove, ...and will deliver.

FYI for planning purposes - Foul Line texted me that he needs about an hour from the timestamp on this post.

FYI

7.07 is on the block if anyone with a later 7th wants to trade up for a bump elsewhere.

FYI

7.07 is on the block if anyone with a later 7th wants to trade up for a bump elsewhere.

Do I get Verlander with that pick?

Do I get Verlander with that pick?

just the pick, if you want to move up.

A little reach on Carpenter, but like having a Swiss Army Knife type of player. Comes in handy... Now I just hope the oblique holds up...

Heads up - I've got a crazy day today... Need to go car shopping for/with my wife (her car crapped the bed, is old and don't want to dump another grand into fixing it). Also have to get my daughter back/forth to a friend's birthday party and have reservations for a family dinner later.

I'll be popping in and out, but delays may/will happen. Apologies in advance...

Nice pic with Ian Desmond he was my target if I didn't trade the 5.7 pick away

Finally pricefalls could be a huge steel

Trade confirmed but I won't be able to pick til 6:30 ET or so. Debating between a few guys and need a computer to research a bit. Only have phone right now and am at dinner with family. Sorry for the delay.

torn, you don't need to lock every thread...

Awww, but what if I want to? :unsure: Just locking down finished transactions. Was wondering how they got unlocked... I've been using the lock as a reminder to myself that I've completed the side work (online sheet, thread update, Yahoo site updates) ...

anyone interested in trading up here? The guy I had targeted is gone, shocker. Looking to move back about half a round and up later in the draft.

anyone interested in trading up here? The guy I had targeted is gone, shocker. Looking to move back about half a round and up later in the draft.

Spoke to a couple people who weren't interested. I'll give this another 18 minutes and will pick if no one is interested.