Sign in to follow this  
Torn

General Draft Discussion

Nice pic with Ian Desmond he was my target if I didn't trade the 5.7 pick away

Yes, ...I was thrilled with the pick. Then, ...a few hours later, ...he got plunked by a fastball and broke his left hand. :wall:

Yes, ...I was thrilled with the pick. Then, ...a few hours later, ...he got plunked by a fastball and broke his left hand. :wall:

Man, that does $uck, just saw that online. Sounds like he's going to be down for a while, too...

Awww, but what if I want to? :unsure: Just locking down finished transactions. Was wondering how they got unlocked... I've been using the lock as a reminder to myself that I've completed the side work (online sheet, thread update, Yahoo site updates) ...

just turn around and tell posty we don't need comments from the peanut gallery. boom! then drop the mic and lock the thread.

no crap? yikes.

well torn stole the other guy I was looking at... RIP Kinsler

no crap? yikes.

well torn stole the other guy I was looking at... RIP Kinsler

I've historically found that when I give crap to someone about their injured player (especially during a draft), I have 2 guys go down on my squad within 48 hours. LOL... Karma...

Re: Kinsler - he was the primary reason I moved up. Not trusting Walker for the 2B job - if he does well, it's gravy. Figured Kinsler would never get to me if I waited until 6.11 ...

Awww, but what if I want to? :unsure: Just locking down finished transactions. Was wondering how they got unlocked... I've been using the lock as a reminder to myself that I've completed the side work (online sheet, thread update, Yahoo site updates) ...

just turn around and tell posty we don't need comments from the peanut gallery. boom! then drop the mic and lock the thread.

:lol: Posty has earned his right to toss tomatoes around here... May still go back to locking though to make sure I don't forget something. I'm an old f@rt and remembering is not always my strong suit. :lock: :lock:

Okay, that is fine... Makes sense...

It just seemed a bit overkill...

New name for Torn?

Overkill or old fart?

Old Fart Overkill or OFO

and yes, it definitely takes one to know one.

I shall endeavor to meet the expectations of the TOFO (toe-foe) - Torn Old Fart Overkill ... May the force be with me.

Grrrr... Was hoping beyond hope that Hamels would get to me, especially with strombn already loaded with SPs.

Hamels was In consideration at my 3.7 pick with stras, price, and degrom before I traded... then I passed on him twice more haha. Weird how the flow of a draft can change my mind and then I'm like no! I have to get the potential of salazar

Grrrr... Was hoping beyond hope that Hamels would get to me, especially with strombn already loaded with SPs.

That's funny. I was going to go Hamels at 7.01.

Thought he was going to make it back to me.

That's funny. I was going to go Hamels at 7.01.

Thought he was going to make it back to me.

Wow, wouldn't have thought you'd go SP with 5 already drafted. Oh well, at least I don't feel as bad about not getting him. Rolling the dice with Nola - had him and seriously debated keeping him, but opted to not hold 3 pitchers.

Well I came close to grabbing Franco but this aint horseshoes is it.

Wow, wouldn't have thought you'd go SP with 5 already drafted. Oh well, at least I don't feel as bad about not getting him. Rolling the dice with Nola - had him and seriously debated keeping him, but opted to not hold 3 pitchers.

torn you have been in this league long enough to know that strombn loads up on pitching and take rookies and fliers towards the end of the draft for keepers...

Nice pick with Eaton

torn you have been in this league long enough to know that strombn loads up on pitching and take rookies and fliers towards the end of the draft for keepers...

Noted and correct - didn't think he'd go 6 deep though... Seem to recall that it was 5 deep and then start filling in the blanks. :-) ... but, then again, the old fart remembering things might be coming into play again.

the old fart remembering things might be coming into play again.

Welcome to my world! :thumbsup:

Bah there goes Upton

Glad someone was paying attention.

Not that it gets back to me but I'll be unavailable until about 630 est

Hi guys - heading out for a dentist appointment - will check in after that (6pm-ish ET)...

Won't be available from about 5 - 8, 8:30ish... Text me if it's on me and I'll try to send a pick in but likely won't be able to pick until about 8:30.

Dang ... It was NOT my plan to go with an IF at 9.02, but I just couldn't let Longoria slide any further. Good net value in the 110-120 range...

Agreed

Was shoveling my ass off.

Woe keon Broxton good pick. To think ibwas looking at him for round 12

Ah yes, I need to go out for a round of shoveling myself... Up to about 4 inches already with 16-20 expected here in MA. Sux ...

I like both the Broxton AND Morales picks. Keon brings a ton of speed and curious to see the power numbers with a full complement of ABs. Morales is a sneaky good buy with the move to Toronto, multi-position eligibility and a mostly DH role that will give him plenty of ABs while likely helping to keep him off the DL.

Looks like torn has the team to beat this year...

AAAHHHHHH!!!! Nooooooooo... The hex has been applied!

AAAHHHHHH!!!! Nooooooooo... The hex has been applied!

:lol:

That is one nice thing about not playing this year... Don't have to get the hex of doom...

Was shoveling my ass off.

Woe keon Broxton good pick. To think ibwas looking at him for round 12

Kind of a left-handed compliment. Nice pick, ...but he should have gone 3 rounds later. Hmm, ... :unsure: But I get it, WW, ...and I agree. Normally, I wouldn't respond to an outstanding spring campaign like this, with such a big upgrade. But I like the idea of getting a super hot bat into my line-up while Ian Desmond is on the mend. Also, ...I looked at my hitters. Good power, ...but my team speed was mediocre, at best. If Keon stays semi-hot and ups his OBP, his speed could be just what the doc ordered. Without the Desmond injury, ...and the thin outfield, ...I would have let Keon and other OFs sit there another round or two.

• Like 1

Hey fellas, gunna need at least another 90 mins to make my pick. If anyone is interested in this pick PM I'm open to trading it but won't be able to really dig in for at least another 60 - 90 mins. So shoot me some offers if interested.

Ah yes, I need to go out for a round of shoveling myself... Up to about 4 inches already with 16-20 expected here in MA. Sux ...

I like both the Broxton AND Morales picks. Keon brings a ton of speed and curious to see the power numbers with a full complement of ABs. Morales is a sneaky good buy with the move to Toronto, multi-position eligibility and a mostly DH role that will give him plenty of ABs while likely helping to keep him off the DL.

It's BEAUTIFUL here in southern NM. :banana: Typing outside at a coffee place. When the spring winds hit, ...the mountains disappear, and the contact lenses feel like piles of stones. Enjoying the calm while it lasts.