Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Jay Cutler

It's clear that there's few here who know anything about football.

Cutler overrated?

Sell high on AD?

Sell Portis before he's injured? for SJax?

:doublethumbsup:

ha if anyone was going to rehash an old post you knew it was this guy :doublethumbsup:

3 days is old? This was the first game Cutler played since the damn thread was started and he nearly threw for 500 yards. I get sick of seeing idiots spew their dumbassed theories and rants on here with absolutely no tangible basis. People even tried to explain how he was way off, and he refused to hear it (even had people in here agreeing with him) so I think it's appropriate to check back in and see how his claims turned out.

I'm considering bumping the LJ thread where his owners gloated like he was back and laughed at me for suggesting to trade him right after his only respectable game of the season. Isn't that what pissed you off the first time I did it?

Oh, and if anyone that was hating on Cutler or defending this thread wants to accept, here's a bet: If Matt Ryan (who the OP said was better than Cutler, because he had "it", throws for 500 yards anytime in the next 16 games, I'll never post here again. If he doesn't, whoever wants to take the bet is gone. Shouldn't be an issue. Ryan>Cutler, and Cutler nearly did it tonight.

cutler had a great statistical performance, but it was very inconclusive.

his first half was bad, continuing to turn the ball over [iNT] and make bad reads, with several near INTs. his second half was awesome, still with near INTs, and one long 90-ydr to pad his 200yds for the half. again, though, it's the browns---are they and the lions not a cure all for any team? joe flacco looked like a king last week against them, tossing 250/2/0 [his best performance to date]; ray rice had his short career high with 150yds.

it is still up and down with him: prior to tonight, we were all saying "remember week2, after a shootout win over the chargers, it looked like shanahan found a horse at qb to ride to a successful playoff push, this guy is breaking out...but what happened? 5 weeks later, they are terrible, turnover prone, predictable, and inefficient". now, after tonight's performance, we are "look, he is back to what he is capable of doing, this team has an identity again---offensive shootouts using the spread".

this is certainly a great start for his second half of season, but he has def been inconsistent this yr enough to warrant questionability on his continued success in nov/dec.

You should use Preparation H medicated wipes. They will cure your anal warts. Thank me in the morning.

cutler had a great statistical performance, but it was very inconclusive.

his first half was bad, continuing to turn the ball over [iNT] and make bad reads, with several near INTs. his second half was awesome, still with near INTs, and one long 90-ydr to pad his 200yds for the half. again, though, it's the browns---are they and the lions not a cure all for any team? joe flacco looked like a king last week against them, tossing 250/2/0 [his best performance to date]; ray rice had his short career high with 150yds.

it is still up and down with him: prior to tonight, we were all saying "remember week2, after a shootout win over the chargers, it looked like shanahan found a horse at qb to ride to a successful playoff push, this guy is breaking out...but what happened? 5 weeks later, they are terrible, turnover prone, predictable, and inefficient". now, after tonight's performance, we are "look, he is back to what he is capable of doing, this team has an identity again---offensive shootouts using the spread".

this is certainly a great start for his second half of season, but he has def been inconsistent this yr enough to warrant questionability on his continued success in nov/dec.

I hear what you're saying, but the reaction is to him being overrated. He might be inconsistent, sure. But he's far from being overrated.

Think of this going forward though: Scheffler might be gimpy the rest of the year, Stokley is one hit away from retirement, Young is hobbled, Torrain (?). This team is gonna have to rely on Cutler to do what he did tonight. Except they won't be playing the Browns anymore. I expect a lot more up and down performances until he gets a full complement of weapons to work with.

I hear what you're saying, but the reaction is to him being overrated. He might be inconsistent, sure. But he's far from being overrated.

Think of this going forward though: Scheffler might be gimpy the rest of the year, Stokley is one hit away from retirement, Young is hobbled, Torrain (?). This team is gonna have to rely on Cutler to do what he did tonight. Except they won't be playing the Browns anymore. I expect a lot more up and down performances until he gets a full complement of weapons to work with.

exactly, that was my notion. im not sure i answered the OP assessment of overrating or not, mine was more an evaluation and indetermination of this game as a data point on his season: similar to a random one like the charger game, a long time ago? or the start of something continual? like you say, several pieces tend to lean this towards the former, not latter.

Anyone who says cutler sucks or is overrated is just p*ssed they didnt draft him

i think our point was somewhat offtopic/offthread----dont care whether he is overrated or not, care whether this was fake like last time or the start of something real?

i think our point was somewhat offtopic/offthread----dont care whether he is overrated or not, care whether this was fake like last time or the start of something real?

He's the real deal. He basically has no running game, theyre about to go papale style lookin for an rb, he has absolutley no D to help him, and he's very young. He's only gonna get better, and it's gonna be scary when it all comes together for him. Just my opinion.

Anyone who says cutler sucks or is overrated is just p*ssed they didnt draft him

not at all my team is just fine with or without Cutler

I have no hatred for him personally, I just dont see the HOF QB the rest of you see. Sure he could be a great Fantasy QB (notice I said great), and I did say hes a better QB in fantasy then real life.

I apologize in advance for having an opinion, I still say he's a mental midget.

He had a GREAT game tonight, but lets not forget the last 2 games versus Cleveland

Flacco 248 2tds

Garrard 283 2tds

and I dont wanna hear the bullshit about he has no running game blah blah, tonight showed, if he is given all the time in the world to throw he can be great, 1 sack hardly any pressures, any QB in the NFL can pick apart defenses if they never get knocked down.

I mean how many empty backfields did they employ, a ton, and Cleveland still had no pass rush. That says more about the lack of Clevelands Def then the skills of Jake Cutler

and honestly I could care less if anyone listens to me or not, I love discussing football, Im right a lot of the times, and Im not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

I am one of the few people who had Barber and Gore in the top 5 preaseason and I also had Chris Johnson in the top 15.

Cutler still has plenty of room for improvement

not at all my team is just fine with or without Cutler

I have no hatred for him personally, I just dont see the HOF QB the rest of you see. Sure he could be a great Fantasy QB (notice I said great), and I did say hes a better QB in fantasy then real life.

I apologize in advance for having an opinion, I still say he's a mental midget.

He had a GREAT game tonight, but lets not forget the last 2 games versus Cleveland

Flacco 248 2tds

Garrard 283 2tds

and I dont wanna hear the bullshit about he has no running game blah blah, tonight showed, if he is given all the time in the world to throw he can be great, 1 sack hardly any pressures, any QB in the NFL can pick apart defenses if they never get knocked down.

I mean how many empty backfields did they employ, a ton, and Cleveland still had no pass rush. That says more about the lack of Clevelands Def then the skills of Jake Cutler

and honestly I could care less if anyone listens to me or not, I love discussing football, Im right a lot of the times, and Im not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

I am one of the few people who had Barber and Gore in the top 5 preaseason and I also had Chris Johnson in the top 15.

Cutler still has plenty of room for improvement

System Status Warning!

User request failed

Attempt to save face: DENIED

Now commencing intelligence scan

Scan complete. No intelligence found.

System recommendation: Clench fist and pummel face. Repeat until unconscious.

Overrated players dont have games like cutler had last night :nono:

:thumbsup:

Phil Simms threw for 400+ yards in back to back games in 1985

Kelly Holcomb

He has two of the most memorable passing performances in NFL history. A Wild Card game against Pittsburgh in January 2003 saw Holcomb become the 3rd QB in playoff history to throw for more than 400 yards. With no running support whatsoever, Holcomb shredded the Steelers' secondary. He finished with 429 yards, a new postseason record for a regulation game. However, Tommy Maddox rallied the Steelers late in the game to overcome a 17-point deficit and defeat the Browns, 36-33.

If you have been around here long enough to know of the Mystique of Tommy Maddox and the 5000 yard season, you would know we've seen plenty of hype like this before.

Phil Simms threw for 400+ yards in back to back games in 1985

You mean Hall of Famer Phil Simms?

yes and I also mean OVERRATED Phil Simms, although unlike Cutler Simms was a better real life QB then a fantasy QB

Every statement you make has you appearing dumber and dumber.

Have you ever watched an NFL game? Did you ever play the game? Pee Wees or Midgets, maybe?

Every statement you make has you appearing dumber and dumber.

Have you ever watched an NFL game? Did you ever play the game? Pee Wees or Midgets, maybe?

jee Ive only been following the game for 25 yrs so I guess not, I only played it up thru highschool and some JC

lets add Terrell Davis to the HOF also

If you have been around here long enough to know of the Mystique of Tommy Maddox and the 5000 yard season, you would know we've seen plenty of hype like this before.

True dat.

Yet rare is the poster who has buried himself deeper in his own b.s.; the continued digging is elevating this thread into the rarefied air of "Swiftest Player" and the aforementioned "TM will throw 4 5K".

:thumbsup:

The only reason this thread was posted is because the original poster has Marshall and was angry at Cutler. The loser wouldn't have said anything if the Cutler threw 1 TD to Marshall last week - now he has to keep it going because he looks foolish even though Marshall scored last night.

The poster is/was bitter because Marshall wasn't producing so he had to :thumbsup: about Cutler.

You mean Hall of Famer Phil Simms?

Modern Era: Quarterbacks (23)

Troy Aikman 1989-2000

George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975

Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983

Len Dawson 1957-1975

John Elway 1983-1998

Dan Fouts 1973-1987

Otto Graham 1946-1955

Bob Griese 1967-1980

Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974

Jim Kelly 1986-1996

Bobby Layne 1948-1962

Dan Marino 1983-1999 Joe Montana 1979-1994

Warren Moon 1984-2000

Joe Namath 1965-1977

Bart Starr 1956-1971

Roger Staubach 1969-1979

Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978

Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964

Johnny Unitas 1956-1973

Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960

Bob Waterfield 1945-1952

Steve Young 1985-1999

Numbnuts jr wrong again :thumbsup:

Modern Era: Quarterbacks (23)

Troy Aikman 1989-2000

George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975

Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983

Len Dawson 1957-1975

John Elway 1983-1998

Dan Fouts 1973-1987

Otto Graham 1946-1955

Bob Griese 1967-1980

Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974

Jim Kelly 1986-1996

Bobby Layne 1948-1962

Dan Marino 1983-1999 Joe Montana 1979-1994

Warren Moon 1984-2000

Joe Namath 1965-1977

Bart Starr 1956-1971

Roger Staubach 1969-1979

Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978

Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964

Johnny Unitas 1956-1973

Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960

Bob Waterfield 1945-1952

Steve Young 1985-1999

Numbnuts jr wrong again :thumbsup:

Dammit! I think he inducted someone, though.

Overrated players dont have games like cutler had last night :overhead:

:overhead:

Might be the single dumbest statement I have ever heard on this board. You can't possibly believe that.

I'm sure you haven't forgotten the mad rush in 2005 to pick up Fitzpatrick after his first game off the

bench when he came from 21 behind to beat Houston. He had over 300yds and 2 tds in his first game.

We all know how that turned out. I'm not saying Cutler is a bust but I am not ready to annoint him as

a consistent stud like Brees, Brady, Manning (when team healthy) or Warner. Heck, I would say the kid

Rodgers is more consistent although not there yet.

I also drafted Cutler AND Rivers but traded Rivers and Addai about 4 weeks ago for AD and T. Edwards.

The last time I checked the Browns are an NFL team also so I hate when people drop the "Their defense sucks" card. Cutler had a great game last night and it will NOT be the last time he does. :overhead:

Might be the single dumbest statement I have ever heard on this board. You can't possibly believe that.

I'm sure you haven't forgotten the mad rush in 2005 to pick up Fitzpatrick after his first game off the

bench when he came from 21 behind to beat Houston. He had over 300yds and 2 tds in his first game.

We all know how that turned out. I'm not saying Cutler is a bust but I am not ready to annoint him as

a consistent stud like Brees, Brady, Manning (when team healthy) or Warner. Heck, I would say the kid

Rodgers is more consistent although not there yet.

What makes the statement so dumb? Since you want to throw around insults, I am going to call you a poopy head.

Something tells me you didnt have the foresight to draft the next great fantasy QB in the middle rounds and cant understand the satisfaction of seeing the move pay off. Get out of the way Junior, this Cutler guy is going to win me a championship! Also, Indy flat out sucks this year.

But you knew that didn't you? :overhead:

How is Cutler overrated? I've never heard anyone say this guy is Hall bound or would be the best qb in the league at some point. He's a young QB who's shown very good potential. Is what he's done different from that statement????

The guy just played his 30th game. not even two full seasons under his belt starting yet. I agree with one of the replies above, this post was started out of complete bitterness because the poster had Brandon Marshall.

What makes the statement so dumb? Since you want to throw around insults, I am going to call you a poopy head.

Something tells me you didnt have the foresight to draft the next great fantasy QB in the middle rounds and cant understand the satisfaction of seeing the move pay off. Get out of the way Junior, this Cutler guy is going to win me a championship! Also, Indy flat out sucks this year.

But you knew that didn't you? :unsure:

What makes it so dumb is that you stated "Overrated players dont have games like Cutler had last night" -

Not only do overrated players have great games once in a while but it actually happens quite frequently.

If you read my post I said that I am not a Cutler hater and actually think he MAY become a great NFL qb

but to say is there now is ludicrous. He easily could have had 3 or 4 picks last night also. Garcia,Orton,

Schaub, and Cambell all had big games and Griese had one HUGE game does that mean all of them are

great qbs because as you said - "Overrated players dont have games like Cutler had last night"

By the way, I am in 1st in two leagues and 2nd in my third league without the second coming of Marino

on my team - Warner and Rivers/Schaub have held their own.

Yep, exactly. I'll never call a top 5 qb drafted in round 7 overrated. :unsure:

Not only do overrated players have great games once in a while but it actually happens quite frequently.

How can you be overrated but frequently have great games? Pass the pipe dude. I think you're done. That's sig-worthy.

System Status Warning!

User request failed

Attempt to save face: DENIED

Now commencing intelligence scan

Scan complete. No intelligence found.

System recommendation: Clench fist and pummel face. Repeat until unconscious.

Hey, that's pretty funny, I laughed out loud. :doublethumbsup:

Dammit! I think he inducted someone, though.

Get on the bus newbie, I've been there many times before. :doublethumbsup:

for the most part as Cutler goes, so goes my team. I also have Marshall too, so that's a big part of it.

Week 1 30.9 Win

Week 2 40.1 Win

Week 3 22.6 Loss

Week 4 18.4 Loss

Week 5 17.4 Win

Week 6 25.0 Win

Week 7 13.8 Loss

Week 8 bye Loss

Week 9 18.4 Win

Week 10 45.3 (?)

3 days is old? This was the first game Cutler played since the damn thread was started and he nearly threw for 500 yards. I get sick of seeing idiots spew their dumbassed theories and rants on here with absolutely no tangible basis. People even tried to explain how he was way off, and he refused to hear it (even had people in here agreeing with him) so I think it's appropriate to check back in and see how his claims turned out.

I'm considering bumping the LJ thread where his owners gloated like he was back and laughed at me for suggesting to trade him right after his only respectable game of the season. Isn't that what pissed you off the first time I did it?

Oh, and if anyone that was hating on Cutler or defending this thread wants to accept, here's a bet: If Matt Ryan (who the OP said was better than Cutler, because he had "it", throws for 500 yards anytime in the next 16 games, I'll never post here again. If he doesn't, whoever wants to take the bet is gone. Shouldn't be an issue. Ryan>Cutler, and Cutler nearly did it tonight.

heh chill out. i completely agree that the topic starter is a moron and could have easily just gone off of already established facts such as Cutlers ranking amongst fantasy QB's to realize he is not that greatly overrated....

but regardless of how old the topic was i routinely see you rehash older topics to either prove yourself right or someone else wrong. not that i mind it, just commenting that when i saw the post on the front page again i was not surprised to see who had bumped it :thumbsup:

So name 5 QBs that were better starts consistently. And don't even try to say Manning. I'm a Colts guy, but to think he's any better a start than Cutler after the way the two started this season is nuts.

I'm a Colts guy too and I'm not gonna sa Manning - but Brees, Warner, McNabb, Rivers, even Orten = all have probabl been less hyped and by far more consistent scorers...

I'm a Colts guy too and I'm not gonna sa Manning - but Brees, Warner, McNabb, Rivers, even Orten = all have probabl been less hyped and by far more consistent scorers...

in defense of Cutler even those guys mentioned really have not been more consitent. Cutler has one game of 9 points. Other than that he has no games below 15.. if you want to call him inconsistant because he has 2 games over 34 fantasy points and a bunch around 17/18 then i guess but how many QB's are getting at least 16/17 most of the times they play?

Brees, everyones fav QB has a 9 point effort as well as 11 and 15 point efforts this season and none above 30

McNabb has a 9 11 and 14 and only 1 game above 30

Rivers has no games under 10 points but does have scores of 11,11,12 with 1 game over 30

* these point totals are based on 1pt per 20 yards passing 4pt passing TD's and -2pt interceptions

Cutler is a STUD. Plain and simple.

It's hard to be successful when you are a one dimensional team. Yet Cutler is still putting up sick stats with no running game.

Cutler is a stud. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is a clown. Some are posting the most consistent fantasy qb's this year, but I didn't see anyone mention Aaron Rodgers. He is right near the top of all the leagues I am in.

:unsure:

Winner winner, chicken dinner.