Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Jay Cutler

While I am the farthest thing from a Cutler fan, try this for Brady, Manning, Favre etc and you will get some pretty similar (although pretty funny) results.

Funny you mention that, because I did. Didn't work for all QB's though...nothing came up for the likes of Hassellbeck and Carson Palmer. For Manning and Brady, overrated came up (though douche was further down the list for Brady). For Favre it was jerk.

Stupid, but pretty funny too. :Mr-T:

and the morale to the story, Jay Cutler is my starting QB on my big money league :wall:

I screwed myself into a corner with the 13th pick in a 14 team 6pt TD PPR league, well kinda was planning on taking a QB in that 3rd-4th turn but our draft went QB crazy

Rodgers 3rd

Brees 5th

Brady 7th

Manning 11th

Romo 27th

Schaub 29th

Rivers 32nd

Flacco 38th

so at 41, 44 I wasnt gonna reach for what was left

so by the 7th round I was still without a QB Ryan, Palmer, Favre, Eli, Henne, Roethlisberger and Stafford were all off the board.

so in the 8th round I got Cutler as the 16th QB overall, and ended up grabbing Orton as a backup. Im not a big fan of Cutler as this thread will atest to, but that is what I call value.

its about that time for a bump

I was able to trade Cutler and Finley after week 2 for Dallas Clark and LT, then trade Clark, Best and Lynch for CJ and Hernandez

:overhead:

i don't give a fock what the bears record is...watching that team play football is just as painful as having watched the lions in any point in time in the millen era. including the 0-16 season.

jesus.

Great read, thanks.

And as a Jets fan who wanted him when we went O-line instead and took Kellen Clemmens later on, I am again thankful! While Clemmens never amounted to anything, the Jets went in the right direction and took a calculated risk with their possible future QB.

I just think he is the dumbest QB ever. Dude has an arm and can air it out or put a ton of heat on it. He has decent accuracy when he looks like he's trying and thinking it through.

But most of the time he just lobs it up there in double coverage or tries to fit it in a 1 inch spot and then just looks retarded when he throws an INT.

I just think he is the dumbest QB ever. Dude has an arm and can air it out or put a ton of heat on it. He has decent accuracy when he looks like he's trying and thinking it through.

But most of the time he just lobs it up there in double coverage or tries to fit it in a 1 inch spot and then just looks retarded when he throws an INT.

Amazing how the above quote is just as relevant in 2012 as it was in 2010 ... and 2008 ...

Amazing how the above quote is just as relevant in 2012 as it was in 2010 ... and 2008 ...

Amazing how much of an idiot I was for calling Cutler the most overrated, and stating Matt Ryan would have a better career.

Great stuff :D

He is not the dumbest qb ever. Overrated? Sure, but not the dumbest qb. He gets frustrated and lets his emotions get the best of him. He also thinks his skill is better than it is. Plus getting sacked on every third drop back will put some spook in him that doesnt allow a rythem to form. I think he is relatively intellegent but has too many other short comings to over come.

He is not the dumbest qb ever. Overrated? Sure, but not the dumbest qb. He gets frustrated and lets his emotions get the best of him. He also thinks his skill is better than it is. Plus getting sacked on every third drop back will put some spook in him that doesnt allow a rythem to form. I think he is relatively intellegent but has too many other short comings to over come.

I still think hes a mental midget, Vince Young was probably more dumb, but after that I dont know

I still think hes a mental midget, Vince Young was probably more dumb, but after that I dont know

If you think that then what can I say. I really don't care what people think of Cutler. I don't think we will be able to prove how dumberest he is compared to other dumbest QB. All I know is that he is overrated and needs a very good offensive line to succeed, and by succeed I mean win a super bowl. He does not have that so the chances of success are slim.

If you go by Wonderlic score he is a little below average. He scored a 26. Here are some notable QB scores. So if you have a really high score you suck. If you have a reasonably high score you are pretty good. If you have an average score you are really good. If you like to text women your pale white love sausage you score a 22.

Ryan Fitzpatrick 48 (he sucks)

Alex Smith 40

Matt Stafford 38

Tony Romo 37

Sam Bradford 36

Tom Brady 33

Matt Ryan 32

Phillip Rivers 30

Peyton Manning 28

Drew Brees 28

Ben Roethlisburger 25

Jamarcus Russel 24

Matt Hasselbeck 23

Brett "Let me show you weener" Favre 22

He's the definition of a douchy, petulant athlete. But two things:

1. His O-line sucks. This has been discussed into the ground

2. Also, he's the kind of QB that would really benefit from a strong, offensive-minded coach, ala Ratface, Reid, Holmgren, etc. Kind of a Brett Favre type talent.

I don't care if he ever fully comes around, I could give a squirt about the Bears and watching Cutler fail is mildly entertaining. But when he's good, he's good.

He's the definition of a douchy, petulant athlete. But two things:

1. His O-line sucks. This has been discussed into the ground

2. Also, he's the kind of QB that would really benefit from a strong, offensive-minded coach, ala Ratface, Reid, Holmgren, etc. Kind of a Brett Favre type talent.

I don't care if he ever fully comes around, I could give a squirt about the Bears and watching Cutler fail is mildly entertaining. But when he's good, he's good.

Cutler's trajectory when he was with Denver was so promising. Then he was traded to one of the worst run franchises in the league. The Bears' idea of giving him weapons was to convert their DB/punt returner into a WR1. I think Cutler is starting to realize that he may not ever reach the plateau he was at when he was in Denver. Hence his uber-douchiness.

He's like most QB's. If you can get in his face, he'll make bad decisions. I think every one of his picks against the Packers were passes off his back foot.

Yes he's a douche, but if the Bears would have fixed their o-line he'd be a very productive douche.

He ends the season as a top-12-15 FF QB.

Serviceable but border-line weekly starter and above average back-up/fill-in.

Nothing else to see here.

He's a matchup fantasy starter. Against a team with a mediocre/bad pass rush, START. Against a team with a decent/great pass rush, SEE WEEK 2.

Unfortunately I drafted him as my every week guy. Time to go back to the drawing board...

He's a matchup fantasy starter. Against a team with a mediocre/bad pass rush, START. Against a team with a decent/great pass rush, SEE WEEK 2.

Unfortunately I drafted him as my every week guy. Time to go back to the drawing board...

Ouch. Glad I secured a good QB in every league. Very important position those QB are.

Just spent 10 minutes reading this thread. As a die hard Broncos fan I guess I can thank Josh McDaniels for 1 thing, trading Jay Cuntler.

How has a Jay Cutler thread survived 9 years? lol