Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - RB Joe Mixon, Bengals

I have the 1.04 pick in rookie draft and would be happy if Mixon was there

On guard! tooshea

There is 0 chance mixon does not emerge from training camp as the starting back. I doubt hill will even be on the team by then.

What your feeling about Fournette?

I'm not high on him at all. Big power backs that rely on a physical running style in college often find it to be different sledding in the NFL. AP has been the exception to the rule, but even he has battled injuries. LF is big and fast, but so was Carlos Hyde. So was a lot of running backs. I know there are people that think he's the next great thing, but I just don't see it. Maybe I should look at more of his previous year's work as he had nagging injuries this past fall, but I just don't see him being a dynamic back especially if he won't be very involved in the passing game. In today's day and age, that's a huge knock against a RB.

I'm not high on him at all. Big power backs that rely on a physical running style in college often find it to be different sledding in the NFL. AP has been the exception to the rule, but even he has battled injuries. LF is big and fast, but so was Carlos Hyde. So was a lot of running backs. I know there are people that think he's the next great thing, but I just don't see it. Maybe I should look at more of his previous year's work as he had nagging injuries this past fall, but I just don't see him being a dynamic back especially if he won't be very involved in the passing game. In today's day and age, that's a huge knock against a RB.

If he's not dynamic, he better have power. From what I understand, he does have power.

What concerns me is that they dont have the line to be able to do a power run game.

That being said, they did draft Cam Robinson in round 2, and many viewed him as a first round talent, but it looks like he has some technical issues to overcome. Especially in pass blocking.

That being said, he could be used as a guard in his rookie season, and his run blocking is generally good. he has a lot of power, and if he turns into the player he's supposed to be, he could be the key to transitioning into this kind of run game.

I predict an average to sub par rookie year for both Robinson and Fournette, followed by a very good second year.

This isnt the year to grab this kid in a redraft league, but in a Dynasty league, now is a good time.