Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

MLB Hot Stove

Holy carp$#@! :shocking:

I heard that this was rumored about 4.5 hours ago; I discounted it because no way the DBacks would get into that stratosphere. But here they are... I'm happy they are trying, but I'm not completely convinced. Greinke is 32 which isn't exactly a spring chicken; then again, he is more about control than power so he could possibly excel through most/all of this contract. Fock it, I'm psyched! :banana:

Yeah, that move just screams "championship".

8 million a year! 8!!!

Sure, maybe he is worth 2.5mil for 1 year. But he played in the same division as the Tigers...they should know how much he sucks!

Former Met. I didn't know he was still even on a MLB roster. Wow 16 mill ???

:mad:

Just imagine what Harvey, DeGrom, and Syndergard will command in a few years.

I've never been prouder of the Yankees for doing nothing.

I've never been prouder of the Yankees for doing nothing.

Don't worry they'll sign Bartolo Colon soon. 5 years $75 million with a no trade clause.

Don't worry they'll sign Bartolo Colon soon. 5 years $75 million with a no trade clause.

Used to be exactly what I'd expect. The last couple of years (tanaka notwithstanding) have been different. Looks like cashman/stein Jr. want to shave money and build young, thank god.

For those looking for a power hitting left handed bat (1st base) - Mitch Moreland will more than likely be on the block... He's signed thru next year, and at a very, very reasonable price.

Kind of flew under the radar, but Boston also traded a bunch of prospects to SD for Craig Kimbrel a few weeks ago.

Joakim Soria to the Royals, and Royals have re-signed Chris Young

:thumbsup:

Los Angeles will send two prospects -- neither of whom is prized 19-year-old left-hander Julio Urias -- to Cincinnati, the source told Bowden. The deal, which is pending Chapman's passing a medical examination, was first reported Monday by Fox Sports.

you're really going to list the bad madson deal but not the soria deal? :lol:

you're really going to list the bad madson deal but not the soria deal? :lol:

I got the Aroldis deal while at work because it was huge, Soria deal was set for when I got off work (which is....now).

Elsewhere...looking more and more like the Marlins will trade Jose Fernandez, because they are the Marlins.

Castro to the Yankees after the Cubs sign Zobrist.

Shelby Miller to the Diamondbacks (Atlanta trying to copy the Philadelphia 76ers' rebuilding 'plan').

Cubs sign Zobrist.

Hope Ben blows out a knee in spring training. F him. POS.

Be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with Jose Fernandez. Even thought the Marlins claim he's not available - they continue to entertain talks... We have the farm system to make a deal - just a matter if JD is willing to do it.... If he did - we'd be running: Fernandez, Hamels and Darvish out there 1 thru 3... Pretty damn salty.

Hope Ben blows out a knee in spring training. F him. POS.

I'm not a fan of the signing, but are you mad because he took less money than the mets were offering?

Castro to the Yankees after the Cubs sign Zobrist.

Shelby Miller to the Diamondbacks (Atlanta trying to copy the Philadelphia 76ers' rebuilding 'plan').

Braves got a haul on that deal...

Braves got a haul on that deal...

At some point you need to actually have proven talent though. Trading older talent for prospects is good. Making some trades with younger proven talent for prospects is fine. Trading your talent for young talent, then trading young talent for prospects can be spinning your wheels in a sport where prospects have the highest rate of failure (think what Miami did for years).

I've seen a couple rumors about Carlos Gonzalez being available, and the Royals being an interested party.

I'm not a fan of the signing, but are you mad because he took less money than the mets were offering?

I was. Yes

He's back with Maddon. Plus no trade cause which I'm sure his family appreciates. Likely going to have to pay him when his career is likely on the decline, but who cares Cubs can probably afford it.

At some point you need to actually have proven talent though. Trading older talent for prospects is good. Making some trades with younger proven talent for prospects is fine. Trading your talent for young talent, then trading young talent for prospects can be spinning your wheels in a sport where prospects have the highest rate of failure (think what Miami did for years).

As a Dbacks fan I don't like the deal. Posty pointed out that we gave up a ton of prospective talent for him. As much as I enjoyed the 2001 WS run, the fact that we sold out our farm system to do it seems kinda mercenary... I'd rather grow our talent and win organically. I'd have been good with the Greinke deal stand alone, to get an ace to bolster our otherwise good rotation. But this deal, meh.

Nope

Try it out. Pretty sure its from Cali but made its way to Florida. You can probably find it at one of your more "well established" bars

Try it out. Pretty sure its from Cali but made its way to Florida. You can probably find it at one of your more "well established" bars

Will do !

Is there a reason you don't include the Kimbrel trade at the top?

I probably missed a couple older trades. I will try to backtrack after work.