Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Big Brother

Last month my wife mentioned that she wanted to learn to sew. I saw a printed flyer for free classes when you buy a sewing machine. I showed it to her, she said hold off for now. We didn't search for it online and didn't mention it to anyone else.

2 days later, Amazon sent me an email about a singer sewing machine on sale. Weird coincidence, huh?

When I turn on the tv at 1 pm on Sunday afternoon, it automatically tunes to the redzone channel. On Sunday night at 8:30, it's Sunday Night Football. 7am during a weekday? SpongeBob every time .

Hmmm. The tuner obviously recognizes a viewing pattern and responds accordingly. Cool technology, I guess.

On Thursday, I told my wife I needed to find an open flag we both know is packed away somewhere in our warehouse. The existing flag tore when it hung up on a nail last week. We both know it's there since I bought 2 at the same time 3 years ago.

This morning I awoke to another email from Amazon. This time promoting????? Yep, you guessed it. A red, white and blue open flag.

Enough is enough. Consider this an open letter to big brother telling him to mind his own damned business.

Yeah I've had some pretty strange like that too.

Couple years ago (and I work in IT so I know how they do most of the data tracking), I googled an old friend to see if I could find him.

His email was removed, he changed companies (I found out later), and I never had his address or home town, just the general Detroit area.

20 minutes later I logged into Facebook......'Friends you might know" and sure as sh1t, there's a picture of Dale.

EVERYTHING YOU SEARCH is recorded. Just remember that.

They are using phones too. Several times now, after talking with my dad on the phone about something, I start getting adds for whatever we discussed. I can see it happening with google searches, but it is very strange how I would mention Tombstone pizzas to my dad on the phone(We are having problems with them folding up when we bake them in our ovens) and all of a sudden, within an hour, I start getting adds for this on my facebook page.

Other products too.

They are using phones too. Several times now, after talking with my dad on the phone about something, I start getting adds for whatever we discussed. I can see it happening with google searches, but it is very strange how I would mention Tombstone pizzas to my dad on the phone(We are having problems with them folding up when we bake them in our ovens) and all of a sudden, within an hour, I start getting adds for this on my facebook page.

Other products too.

I bet you are placing them directly on the oven rack. Put foil under them and they won't do that. Crust won't be crisp though.

I bet you are placing them directly on the oven rack. Put foil under them and they won't do that. Crust won't be crisp though.

I will give that a shot, thanks. Tried all kinds of shtt. My dad tried what you are suggesting and his still folded up.

I had one break in half it folded up so much. Focking toppings spilled all down my oven.

You can afford Tombstone Pizza ?

I can afford a couple a month when they on sale for 3 bucks each. Regular price is 3.97.

The TV thing maybe makes sense but that would be uncomfortable.

Are these conversations with your wife over the phone like Gary's with his dad about pizza? How are private conversations being monitored?

I live in China where stuff like this would get done without a second thought since there are no constitutional protections and the government has a reputation for snooping without hesitation. But I haven't noticed a thing. I like to think though, if anybody is monitoring me, I've given them nothing but fourteen years of intense boredom.

If you have an app running some of them listen. I know FB does this. If you have FB open in a tab on your computer and then open a new tab for internet browsing FB is watching all of that.

You guys are not getting it

I never searched for sewing machines or open flags online on my phone or computer.

Both instances were private conversations between me and my wife in our kitchen.

• Like 1

I'm made of metal

My circuits gleam

I am perpetual

I keep the country clean

I never searched for sewing machines or open flags online on my phone or computer.

Both instances were private conversations between me and my wife in our kitchen.

Then that's Unpossible-was there a white van down the street ?

And your wife for sure never did anything on her phone related to either?

As an aside, there could be the option of auditing a community college sewing class. Depends on the school's policy and the instructors preference; I was able to even though it was technically discouraged.

I will give that a shot, thanks. Tried all kinds of shtt. My dad tried what you are suggesting and his still folded up.

I had one break in half it folded up so much. Focking toppings spilled all down my oven.

Just get a pizza stone..

Just get a pizza stone..

He can barely afford the pizza. Forget about a stone.

I get it......the same has happened with us countless times in the last few years.

I bet your wife searched for those things to feed the Amazon data miners.

Nope. And even if she did, she would have done it on her own phone which isn't linked to my work email account.

I'm not saying this is some crazy gov. agency trying to discover the secrets the dwell within the dark recesses of my kitchen.

It's just weird coincidence. That's all.

Nope. And even if she did, she would have done it on her own phone which isn't linked to my work email account.

I'm not saying this is some crazy gov. agency trying to discover the secrets the dwell within the dark recesses of my kitchen.

You are weird. That's all.

I'm made of metal

My circuits gleam

I am perpetual

I keep the country clean

About twenty minutes after I posted this, electric eye popped up on the motorhead pandora channel I was listening to...two different devices :unsure:

There is definitely some connection.

You have discussed this with your wife and she said she took absolutely no action beyond discussing those items with you?

If you've ever signed into FB on your work computer, and your wife has used a device your FB has also been accessed on, (or maybe even her own Facebook)...which is likely unless you both don't have Facebook...that could be the connector. But someone would have had to recently explore sewing machines and flags on some electronic level. The only other explanation would be discussing it in the presence of a device that's listening, and again, FB access across platforms could be the connector.

Creepy possibilities

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/2qbf0u/i_think_google_is_listening_to_my_phones/

http://www.webpronews.com/facebook-listens-2015-02/

About twenty minutes after I posted this, electric eye popped up on the motorhead pandora channel I was listening to...two different devices :unsure:

You just made Naomi wet. Like Niagra falls wet.

Just get a pizza stone..

THANKS. Not sure how that would prevent them folding up, maybe I am missing something.

THANKS. Not sure how that would prevent them folding up, maybe I am missing something.

I think that will make it worse.

If you've ever signed into FB on your work computer, and your wife has used a device your FB has also been accessed on, (or maybe even her own Facebook)...which is likely unless you both don't have Facebook...that could be the connector. But someone would have had to recently explore sewing machines and flags on some electronic level. The only other explanation would be discussing it in the presence of a device that's listening, and again, FB access across platforms could be the connector.

Creepy possibilities

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/2qbf0u/i_think_google_is_listening_to_my_phones/

http://www.webpronews.com/facebook-listens-2015-02/

I find the idea of a phone listening in on a random conversation, picking out the words sewing machine and open flag, then giving Amazon the heads up that we might be in the market for both of these items extremely far fetched.

But the fact that those 2 items are so random and specialized makes it hard to chalk the whole thing up to pure coincidence.

It's possible that there's a typical buying pattern for customers who purchase those open flags. They do fade, get worn out or ripped periodically.

This is easy for Amazon to figure out, then advertise accordingly. Except, I didn't purchase those original open flags theough Amazon.

Ok. So maybe they bought customer lists from the outfit that did sell them to me? Maybe that outfit is now an Amazon supplier?? Who knows??

The sewing machine is more difficult to explain.

Again, we didn't search for it at all. She first mentioned it to me while we were doing laps at the track. A few days later, a flyer was in the newspaper (Black Friday) advertising free sewing classes when you buy a sewing machine.

I showed the flyer to her, she said hold off and that was the end of it......until I got the email from Amazon with a sewing machine top front and center on the page.

Has to be a coincidence.

Do you have a gun to your head ? Seems to be a forced response. Nod left for yes.

I think there is something to this. Something similar happened the other day but I can't remember exactly what it was but just now it happened again. My ex wife sent me pics of our daughter's hair and how she styled it before school with this straightener she got for Christmas. I emailed back how she should open a salon and what I think she should name it etc. I just look in my spam folder and I got an email from Elite Hair-Get your hair consultation. WTF? That is definitely odd.

Last week I built a bike shed to hold four bikes and clear up some space in the garage.

The day after I finished, an add for outdoor storage sheds from wayfair appeared on my FB news feed.

Again, my wife and I discussed the shed I was building in our living room but never searched for sheds or even shed materials as I already had everything needed to build it.

This morning, I went to pick up some carpet that I had bound by one of our suppliers. I brought it back here and the installer picked it up from my warehouse and took it to the job site.

We didn't even really talk about it when he got here. He just sort of picked it up and left.

After lunch, while taking a dump, I was thinking about how I should really just do all our binding in house instead of sending it out, and making an 1.5 hr round trip every time.

After wiping and washing up, I came back to my desk, clicked on facebook to see an add for a $7500 carpet binding machine at tools4flooring.com.

I'm really not a paranoid, conspiracy, Bigfoot believing type of guy, but there have been quite a few coincidences lately.

Last night:

Wife was watching DVR'd Roots and I paused to see how much time was left so I could catch the 2nd half of the basketball game.

When I saw there was still an hour and a half left I flipped over to the game, hit record and told her I'd just watch it when she was done.

Then I picked up my phone, opened the facebook app and the first thing that popped up was a message from facebook saying. " Vudu, let people know you're watching the Cavs and Warriors game with the current score below.

Seriously, wtf?

I'm really not a paranoid, conspiracy, Bigfoot believing type of guy, but there have been quite a few coincidences lately.

Last night:

Wife was watching DVR'd Roots and I paused to see how much time was left so I could catch the 2nd half of the basketball game.

When I saw there was still an hour and a half left I flipped over to the game, hit record and told her I'd just watch it when she was done.

Then I picked up my phone, opened the facebook app and the first thing that popped up was a message from facebook saying. " Vudu, let people know you're watching the Cavs and Warriors game with the current score below.

Seriously, wtf?

That's seriously focked up. I'm trying to find the technological correlation, but I'm not seeing it unless your cable provider is sharing your info with FB, or FB can somehow detect what you're watching because (and I'm assuming) your internet service and cable service are through the same company.

Even if that's the case, I don't know how they know.

And I've had weird sh1t like that happen lately too.

That's seriously focked up. I'm trying to find the technological correlation, but I'm not seeing it unless your cable provider is sharing your info with FB, or FB can somehow detect what you're watching because (and I'm assuming) your internet service and cable service are through the same company.

Even if that's the case, I don't know how they know.

And I've had weird sh1t like that happen lately too.

It still seems really far fetched, but there's no way I can deny all these coincidences.

I found this:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/05/24/expert-warns-facebook-could-be-eavesdropping-through-your-phone/

• Like 1

It still seems really far fetched, but there's no way I can deny all these coincidences.

I found this:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/05/24/expert-warns-facebook-could-be-eavesdropping-through-your-phone/

no doubt......one of the many reasons it's "Free and always will be".

just saw THIS Google crap today.....though I already knew it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-voice-search-records-and-stores-conversation-people-have-around-their-phones-but-files-can-be-a7059376.html

no doubt......one of the many reasons it's "Free and always will be".

just saw THIS Google crap today.....though I already knew it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-voice-search-records-and-stores-conversation-people-have-around-their-phones-but-files-can-be-a7059376.html

Hadn't seen that about Google. I still wonder if there's any truth to all this.