Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Wages and salaries jump by 3.1%, highest level in a decade

Wages and salaries rose 0.9 percent, well ahead of expectations for 0.5 percent. Benefit costs were up 0.4 percent.

On a yearly basis, wages and salaries jumped 3.1 percent, the biggest increase in 10 years.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/31/wages-and-salaries-jump-by-3point1percent-highest-level-in-a-decade.html

Once again, more proof putting to rest the "real wages are down" lie that's regurgitated ad nauseam here in the forum by a select few posters.

Real Wages Are Flat

Aside from employment data, the Bureau of Labor Statistics also compiles the Consumer Price Index (CPI), our primary inflation gauge.

In the same period in which average hourly earnings rose 2.8%, the CPI rose 2.7%. Thats how much the cost of living went up, on average.

Your personal inflation depends on how you spent your money. But unless you had no housing or transportation expenses in the last year, your cost of living probably rose at least 2.7%, and possibly much more.

So, a 2.8% wage gain is essentially no gain at all. Inflation-adjusted wages are flat since last year. It is certainly not the fastest wage growth since 2009, or even close.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/patrickwwatson/2018/09/25/real-wage-growth-is-actually-falling/amp/

Womp womp. :(

I put $500 on MDC being the first one to show up and try to dismiss it. Winner Winner!!!

Whats my cut?

Except, of course, that article is 3 months old and we've had two reports since then that completely throws your nonsense out the window, yet you keep repeating it.

I know you hate it when America wins, but you should try rooting for America once instead of regurgitating talking points.

Womp f0cking womp.

Assuming its real which president gets ti take credit for this?

Its a trick question, the answer is ALL OF THEM :clap:

More great news the MSM will bury behind Mueller's indictments for process crimes.

Anything potentially positive receives the standard spin from MSM, notably the leftist propaganda arm at CNN, its either not good news because there is some other problem to use as a deflection or its really something Obama did, or who knows what else....

I cannot yet determine if we can trace this to Trump or Obama, but eventually I will....