heavy-set

Do you have a dog?

You hang out with losers.

I hope John suffered a little

How fat is your sidter?

What a cutie :wub:

Thank you.

I love her.

Even though I woke up this morning to her sh1t and piss on the kitchen floor :wub:

Cute dog and nice work on the rescue. :thumbsup:

Thanks... I love her to death... Though I wish she didn't shed so damn much...

You can find a good pure bred dog for rescue. Just google your city or state, the type of dog you are looking for and add rescue. That should bring up a list of rescue shelters in your area .

Petfinder is a good option too.

This.

Can't have any dogs that shed, so did some research, looked for a Wheaten Terrier. Found a mix at the shelter within 3 days. Later adopted a little terrier/ brussels griffon mix for whom I am completely ghey.

There is no bigger waste of money than buying a pure bred dog unless you intend to breed it (with other dogs). Judging by your post, that's not what you're after.

Like someone asked previously, what do you want the dog to do? How much space you have should be a major consideration on what kind of dog you get. If you want to minimize shedding, look for breeds that have hair as opposed to fur. Puppies kinda suck. They're destructive and require a lot of attention. A young adult dog will love you long time. Invest in a basic obedience course at Petsmart or buy a book. It's not hard to have a fun, playful, obedient pet.

This.

Can't have any dogs that shed, so did some research, looked for a Wheaten Terrier. Found a mix at the shelter within 3 days. Later adopted a little terrier/ brussels griffon mix for whom I am completely ghey.

There is no bigger waste of money than buying a pure bred dog unless you intend to breed it (with other dogs). Judging by your post, that's not what you're after.

Like someone asked previously, what do you want the dog to do? How much space you have should be a major consideration on what kind of dog you get. If you want to minimize shedding, look for breeds that have hair as opposed to fur. Puppies kinda suck. They're destructive and require a lot of attention. A young adult dog will love you long time. Invest in a basic obedience course at Petsmart or buy a book. It's not hard to have a fun, playful, obedient pet.

i have a medium sized yard that is fenced in and very long streets for walks. i want something that doesnt shed and is friendly. a boxer or a beagle?

If you don't go with a rescue I'm going to have to report you.

I know people who get those dogs and I swear, most of them should just be put to sleep.

I know people who get those dogs and I swear, most of them should just be put to sleep.

This was supposed to be funny, right? :unsure:

How fat is your sidter?

If sidter means c0ck, then really fat.

Thanks for asking phag :banana:

I've had three in my life. One had some health issues that led to her early demise, although she was a sweetheart so I would still count the experience as positive. The other two were pretty good dogs. :dunno:

i have a medium sized yard that is fenced in and very long streets for walks. i want something that doesnt shed and is friendly. a boxer or a beagle?

Boxers have a lot of energy for the first 3 or 4 years and require a lot of extra work if they're not walked regularly. I don't know much about beagles. I've got 2 labs (one is a lab/collie mix) and am getting a bull mastiff this weekend. Labs are great dogs (there's a reason everyone has labs). They require regular walks but won't get a psycho as the boxers I've been around if they don't get that time. Mastiffs are very loyal, friendly and lazy (won't need as many walks) dogs but they're much larger than the average dog.

Do you plan on walking the dog a mile or so every day? If not, you want to make sure you get a lower energy dog that would be fine getting his exercise in the yard.

**Edited to add**

If you're looking at a boxer you will probably need a 6' fence until you can train him not to jump the damn thing.

Thank you.

I love her.

Even though I woke up this morning to her sh1t and piss on the kitchen floor :wub:

:doublethumbsup:

I blame the lazy owner on that. wake up earlier and take it out for a stroll

Beagles are great dogs. Smart, friendly, very trainable but very stubborn. They will shed like mofos. And if they get out, they're gone. They follow whatever scent hits their nose first.

http://www.beagles-on-the-web.com/considering.html

Never had a boxer, but I see someone else chimed in on their habits. Think they're more the shed when the weather changes type. Always thought I'd like a boxer; impressed with their temperament.

Some really nice terrier mixes that make great dogs. Smart, small to mid size, good dogs.

You do need to exercise boxers A LOT. That said I don't think they are much worse than labs in that area. With both breeds you had better walk them a lot or they will be constant pains in the butt.

I am thinking of buying one. I like tikigods dog, the golden retriever, but I think I might like a basset hound too.

any idea on the cost? do I buy them at a mall or at the SPCA?

I am new to the animal kingdom and have no idea how it works

I bought my golden from a local breeder. I paid 600 bucks for him. He was worth every penny.

I have a 3 legged chocolate lab (car got him) & a Weimariner with fatty tumors all over. Including one right in the nut zone! It's the size of a volley ball. :shocking:

This was supposed to be funny, right? :unsure:

No. The dogs came from extreme abuse and are scared of everything. They have severe health issues (actually one is already dead) and are constant sources of sorrow and expense. I hate cruelty to animals and would gladly put a bullet in the scum that mistreated them. We put perfectly healthy dogs to sleep because there is no home for them. I think folks would be kinder to rescue a health, well adjusted dog and put the tortured ones out of their misery.

There is a film about the NYC dog catchers that will break your heart. They interviewed a vet that said that all the dog catchers had five or six dogs they just couldn't bring into the facility. They interviewed her while she was sticking the needle into the dog's paws. They lasted about 5 seconds and just laid their heads down...

They must have some positive qualities. They adopted a dog. :dunno:

I have a St. Bernard. Go big or go home. :pointstosky:

You should prolly get a phaggy cat. :lol:

How is that working out for you? We are thinking of getting one and just wanted to know if there is anything to wacth out for. We have had biggish dogs (labs and a german shepard) before, but nothing quite as big.

I have a St. Bernard. Go big or go home. :pointstosky:

My girlfriend has a St. Bernard. Fvcking thing has more drool coming from it than a short bus. Good dog, very protective but sheds and drools constantly.

No. The dogs came from extreme abuse and are scared of everything. They have severe health issues (actually one is already dead) and are constant sources of sorrow and expense. I hate cruelty to animals and would gladly put a bullet in the scum that mistreated them. We put perfectly healthy dogs to sleep because there is no home for them. I think folks would be kinder to rescue a health, well adjusted dog and put the tortured ones out of their misery.

There is a film about the NYC dog catchers that will break your heart. They interviewed a vet that said that all the dog catchers had five or six dogs they just couldn't bring into the facility. They interviewed her while she was sticking the needle into the dog's paws. They lasted about 5 seconds and just laid their heads down...

You do know not all rescue animals are abused, right? There is a huge difference between a rescue dog and a shelter one...

Most reputable rescue groups make sure that their dogs have seen a vet and are healthy before placing them for adoption. They're also pretty up front about what kind of temperament the animal has, whether the animal is suited for a home with small children and/or other pets, etc.

You can't go wrong with a rescue pet.

You do know not all rescue animals are abused, right? There is a huge difference between a rescue dog and a shelter one...

Most reputable rescue groups make sure that their dogs have seen a vet and are healthy before placing them for adoption. They're also pretty up front about what kind of temperament the animal has, whether the animal is suited for a home with small children and/or other pets, etc.

You can't go wrong with a rescue pet.

I understand what you are saying and do not disagree. That's why I said to rescue a health, well adjusted dog. An animal that has been beaten or caged and ignored for a long period of time is another matter.

I have a Chihuahua. Moved in with me when my son came back to live with me full time. Great dog, although I think that is rare for this breed. No focking hair or shedding problems whatsoever. Kinda needed and high maintenance though. Have to let him outside constantly.

I had a Border Collie mixed with something else. Looked almost exactly like a normal one. GREAT DOG. Had a lot of hair, but it was never a problem. Very trainable dogs. Quick learners. She lived to be like 16. Had in the house her whole life. Great house dog if you have a fenced in yard, like you said you have, so they can move a bit.