Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Wife and I finally bailed middle of last season. At least we stuck around long enough to see Carl die.

Spoiler:

Glad to see Gregory die. He was a weasel that got too many chances.

The actor that played him did a very good job.

Wife and I finally bailed middle of last season. At least we stuck around long enough to see Carl die.

Carl died ??

Cool.

I gave it up when there was that negro with a tiger. Jumped the shark and I was out.

How did Carl die ??

Spoiler:

Fun fact: That's Xander Berkeley. Same guy who played the Secret Service agent that went rogue in Air Force One.

And I watched last night, pretty good episode. I've said before that I'm too invested now, over 100 episodes. I may lose interest when they kill Rick off. One of the few good actors on the show, and the series won't be the same without his character.

Carl died ??

Cool.

I gave it up when there was that negro with a tiger. Jumped the shark and I was out.

How did Carl die ??

Bit

Bit

The only downside to Carl getting bit was they then had an entire episode showing how it happened via flashbacks and corny ass weepy sentiment as he wrote kumbaya letters to everyone including Neagan. They kept dragging out the inevitable for so long that the wife and I started worrying that he would somehow miraculously NOT die.

Spoiler:

:thumbsup: Agreed

• Like 1

Fun fact: That's Xander Berkeley. Same guy who played the Secret Service agent that went rogue in Air Force One.

And I watched last night, pretty good episode. I've said before that I'm too invested now, over 100 episodes. I may lose interest when they kill Rick off. One of the few good actors on the show, and the series won't be the same without his character.

Same here. I'm to far in, and invested to much time to bail. Gotta at least see how it ends.

Someone (big fan) told me that AMC is committed to telling the full story (comic book wise) and will need at least 6 more seasons to do that.

Really ??

Got to admit, at first, I really liked Negan. He actually had some color and some character compared to wallpaper paste Rick.

That's also why I liked Daryl's brother.

But god, even when he appears for just a few seconds now, it's like, aren't you dead already? Either kill the guy or don't. But this keeping him in stasis crap is worthless.

Also, was bummed to see that the actor who plays Hershel died in real life. They were actually planning on bringing him back somehow. I read that story and about 2 hours later saw the news that he had died.

Walking Dead delivered a 2.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.08 million viewers. That's the smallest 18-49 rating for a season premiere in the show's history the series debut in 2010 drew a 2.7 and tied for the second-lowest demo rating of any episode. Sunday's show dropped by 50 percent from the season eight premiere in 2017.

I saw about a five-line blurb about yesterday show. It seems pretty obvious that this was one of their notorious placeholder shows. I know they can all be home runs, but it seems like you can skip about two shows for everyone that you want to see.

Women friends of mine say the same thing about daytime soap operas. You can miss a week at a time and still get caught up pretty damn quickly.

I haven't watched any of the new season yet. They are on demand, but I haven't gotten to them. Years ago, we would be counting the days to a new season.

I haven't watched any of the new season yet. They are on demand, but I haven't gotten to them. Years ago, we would be counting the days to a new season.

It really hasn't been bad. It's just been different seeing them some of the main characters drift away from each other a little bit. And nobody has thrown a rape on Maggie yet which is a little disappointing.

It really hasn't been bad. It's just been different seeing them some of the main characters drift away from each other a little bit. And nobody has thrown a rape on Maggie yet which is a little disappointing.

And somehow she got fatter after being pregnant. She was pregnant for like 14 years never gained a pound. Drops the kid who is like 2 years old now and she's 40 pounds heavier.

You really should. I've really liked this season, gonna be a bummer when they lose Rick but now I'm actually interested to see where they go with it. This has been the best season since Season 5 IMO

wow...just wow

Yup. You need to watch the first five mins at least of Talking Dead to fully understand.

I'm confused. They do a preview of the next three shows in Judith is now like 8 years old?

And they didn't exactly not leave the door open for Rick to come back. I thought the episode was exceptional.

So Rick is alive with the garbage gal. And in 3 years they haven't heard from him? They must be doing experiments on him in some lab.

Spoiler:

No really, spoiler. Last warning.

If you watch Talking Dead right after. They have the director, writer producer Scott Gimble saying that Rick won't be coming back to the walking dead, but that they are going to produce a series of stand-alone movies in the coming years yada yada yada.

If I'm Rick, I get that money up front. Because for a series that's seemingly dying on the vine, these guys sure have some ambitious plans for the future.

And the little chick is 6 years old in the time Jump. And if she looks familiar? She's little Ren from the new Star Wars.

Also I hope they don't focus on Judith and somehow now she's a marksman. We already have enough unreasonably militant hand to hand combat expert women on the show. I don't think we need an elementary school one too.

Spoiler:

No really, spoiler. Last warning.

If you watch Talking Dead right after. They have the director, writer producer Scott Gimble saying that Rick won't be coming back to the walking dead, but that they are going to produce a series of stand-alone movies in the coming years yada yada yada.

If I'm Rick, I get that money up front. Because for a series that's seemingly dying on the vine, these guys sure have some ambitious plans for the future.

And the little chick is 6 years old in the time Jump. And if she looks familiar? She's little Ren from the new Star Wars.

How is that going to mesh with the show? I mean the way that last episode ended it wasn't exactly final that he's gone. Like they purposely left the door open.

Do you mean like a standalone movie of what's happening to him after he's taken in a helicopter?

[quote name="cyclone24" post="6350837" timestamp="154144

Do you mean like a standalone movie of what's happening to him after he's taken in a helicopter?

Yup.

SPOILER AGAIN

Per Gimble:

Past, present, different parts of the world all over the world, some things iner related, some things stand alone, basically a massive increase in the entire Walking Dead universe.

Again Rick, get all that money up front.

So they skipping ahead like 6 years now I guess. The Negan thing was crap, he wouldn’t have punked out like that.

I believe the comics had the same big time jump also. That was how Kirkman brought in his new characters, and the whisperer storyline.

So it does look like they're still kinda cohesive with eachother.

I gotta wonder how much input Kirkman will have left though.

Time jump to 6 years later when Judith is 8-9 years old.

Wiff - it is Rey, not Ren. Unless she was in Ren and Stimpy. :lol:

😁

Finally got to watch last night's episode. So you are telling me that in 9 years of this show they can't go one episode without people dying but now they jump 6 years and none of those dipshitts have died?

Finally got to watch last night's episode. So you are telling me that in 9 years of this show they can't go one episode without people dying but now they jump 6 years and none of those dipshitts have died?

I'm more shocked that Eugene has become a badass walker killer.

I rolled my eyes and said the same thing to my wife. I should have been out a long time ago but, here I am.. Wasting time still watching the show..

Although, what Carol did... That was focking phenomenal.

I rolled my eyes and said the same thing to my wife. I should have been out a long time ago but, here I am.. Wasting time still watching the show..

Although, what Carol did... That was focking phenomenal.

Yeah I about shut it off 5 minutes in when Judith was bossing people around. I was like I'm not watching season upon season of a child telling adults what to do

The best thing I like about the walking dead is that there are no bad blacks. They're all super duper people.