Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

suxbnyou

PO193 code = You bought a Ford dumba$$. HTH :thumbsup:

tell me about it...i try to buy american but this thing's been a grade A piece of sheeeet

tell me about it...i try to buy american but this thing's been a grade A piece of sheeeet

If you want to buy American get a Toyota.

P0193 code on a 05 ford explorer. fuel rail pressure sensor?

intermittent stalling

Yep. either an open or short to it or just a faulty unit.

Assuming that you don't have any fuel pump related codes, that is.

Remove the vacuum hose from the FPR, and if you see any traces of fuel in it, you'll know that it's faulty.

Unfortunately it's located under the upper intake. 2.2 hours labor at most shops.

Bump this monday when I'm at work and I can prolly give you more info if you need it.

or a honda. or a hyundai. or a subaru. or a nissan

True dat.

or a honda. or a hyundai. or a subaru. or a nissan

I think the point reality was trying to make is that a recent article stated that Toyota manufactured the highest percentage of its vehicles in america, even when compared to manufacturers that people typically think of as american.

If you want to support American labor, Toyota is the way to go.

If you want a high quality vehicle for a reasonable price Toyota >>> everything else.

If you want a high quality vehicle for a reasonable price Toyota >>> everything else.

I like subaru because of the AWD. They tend to be a tad bit pricier than toyota's though.

I like subaru because of the AWD. They tend to be a tad bit pricier than toyota's though.

I've got no problem with the Subarus, especially if you live in snow country.

Very reliable, easy to work on, parts aren't outrageously expensive. Overall a pretty damn solid manufacturer.

To those of you that own BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW I laugh at your stupidity. Especially if you bought it brand new :lol:

I think the point reality was trying to make is that a recent article stated that Toyota manufactured the highest percentage of its vehicles in america, even when compared to manufacturers that people typically think of as american.

:thumbsup:

I've got an engine valve rattling in my '02 Jeep Cherokee. How much is gonna cost to fix and what'll happen if it ain't fixed?

:huh:

I've got an engine valve rattling in my '02 Jeep Cherokee. How much is gonna cost to fix and what'll happen if it ain't fixed?

You will die :(

4.0 or 4.7 engine?

also, valve noise is kinda common on both of those. You're prolly gonna die from it anyways.

If you are serious about this, gimme some more details, and I will do my bestest to give you a somewhat informed anwser :cheers:

# of fixes for p0193 from a pay site our shop subscribes to.

35 - Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor

2 - Fuel Pump

1 - Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor Wiring

1 - Fuel Pressure Sensor

1 - Fuel Pump, Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor

4.0 or 4.7 engine?

6 cylinder engine is all I know. Does it really make a difference? It's a "valve job" regardless, right? Don't ask me about engine size.

Your answer was supposed to be: "Pfff, don't sweat it - easy fix. Mechanic will probably do it for free. Hell, it might go away on it's own. By the way you're a great chess player Gobble."

:cheers:

thanks sux. yeah i bought the sensor. got a guy i know throwin' it in right now. hopefully we're good.

then i can trade this hunk o junk in.

6 cylinder engine is all I know. Does it really make a difference? It's a "valve job" regardless, right? Don't ask me about engine size.

Your answer was supposed to be: "Pfff, don't sweat it - easy fix. Mechanic will probably do it for free. Hell, it might go away on it's own. By the way you're a great chess player Gobble."

:cheers:

You have hydraulic lifters on that so there is no adjustment that one can make.

You need to find out which valve is making the noise and go from there.

If it's really bad, you're looking at 7 plus hours to R&I the cylinder head and grind the valves and seats. (Plus parts)

By the way, you're a great chess player, Gobble.

Admit it, Jeep Cherokee's are flaming pieces of crap. :thumbsdown:

Nope. I won't admit that at all cause that's not true IMO.

Great ergonomics (for me, anyways), pretty decent power (unless it's dropping a valve, that is)...Overall A nice vehicle to own. :cheers:

thanks sux. yeah i bought the sensor. got a guy i know throwin' it in right now. hopefully we're good.

then i can trade this hunk o junk in.

Get a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. I did and love it. No problems. Had it only 5 months 5800 miles. People on the forums I frequent really enjoy their rides. 2012 is the 2nd year of this new style.