Sign in to follow this  
Scary Gary

All this "he groped me" crap

:lol: @ PC speak. Let me put it in a way in which you won't PMS.

Men will never be equal to women either.

Capisce?

:rolleyes:

Ok whew, since you put it like that I don’t have to pretend to be upset about it.

Lol Worms.

How it works on Capitol Hill

Sexual harassment victims in Congress have 180 days to bring a claim to the US Congress Office of Compliance, the office responsible for handling workplace complaints, Hunt explains.

Victims are then subject to up to 30 days of mandatory counseling and then have 15 days to decide whether to bring claims to mediation. If they don’t want mediation, they’re out of options.

If victims do opt for mediation, a lawyer representing the congressional office gets involved, whose job it is to protect the office and institution. That lawyer is funded with taxpayer money.

If no settlement is reached, then there’s a 30-day cooling-off period before a victim can file a lawsuit or request a hearing.

And if a settlement is reached, it is usually accompanied by a nondisclosure agreement — and paid for, again, with taxpayer money.

Seems pretty shitty to me :dunno:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/20/16679104/congress-sexual-harssment-process-explained

Pretty funny since Vox is knee-deep itself in sexual harassment accusations:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/vox-media-executive-fired-over-sexual-assault-allegations

It's likely super common, and many women were scared to speak up until now. Only a few of the allegations are "me too" BS IMO.

But I also think women want to have their cake and eat it too regarding attention and sexuality.

• Like 1

Uhhhh well they are viewed that way because they are. Men and women are NOT equal. They never WILL be equal. To think they are is just laughable

Unequal <> inferior. Both genders have their strengths and weaknesses.

ETA I see others have made this point. But holy fock, I'm amazed at some of the misogynistic opinions expressed here and elsewhere. It's OK to joke about women being crazy, etc., but they aren't evil, helpless or stupid.

What constitutes groping? Is a butt slap considered groping? I mean, JFC, if someone slapped your butt and youre making a big deal out of it, I see that as an attention grab. Particularly if its been years since it happened. No, I dont believe you are traumatized by it. If someone attempted to remove your clothes or kept grabbing your bewbs or crotch, okay, I get it.

But I dont hear about all these women complaining about the butt slaps their teammates gave them after a nice play on the court...or is that just an extension of what goes on in the locker room so its mkay?

One time on work-related tubing trip, a girls bikini top came down. There wasnt anyone else around. Not sure if I should be upset or if she should be upset. 🤷‍♀

It's likely super common, and many women were scared to speak up until now. Only a few of the allegations are "me too" BS IMO.

But I also think women want to have their cake and eat it too regarding attention and sexuality.

Agreed on both counts. Im sure, and more so decades ago it was fairly common.

But why do women wear push up bras, make up, and high heels? Is it not to look good (attention)? But dont dare stare to hard or make a pass.

Sexual predators, like real ones, are scum of the earth. But some of this stuff is low level nonsense.

One time on work-related tubing trip, a girls bikini top came down. There wasnt anyone else around. Not sure if I should be upset or if she should be upset. 🤷‍♀

Holy shite man. You forgetting something?

Agreed on both counts. Im sure, and more so decades ago it was fairly common.

But why do women wear push up bras, make up, and high heels? Is it not to look good (attention)? But dont dare stare to hard or make a pass.

Sexual predators, like real ones, are scum of the earth. But some of this stuff is low level nonsense.

Someone mentioned this in another thread: women want attention from some men, the ones they desire as a partner. The rest of us can masturbate, in private.

Then again, there are chicks who don't go out of their way to objectify themselves. Mostly lesbians, but women nonetheless.

34b and she was focking gorgeous.

Thanks. I'll be right back

Harassment could be measured as standard away from normal human sexuality.

This varies from woman to woman:

A nun may feel violated by touching her knee.

A stripper might take a bit more violating.

Harassment could be measured as standard away from normal human sexuality.

This varies from woman to woman:

A nun may feel violated by touching her knee.

A stripper might take a bit more violating.

I haven't heard about any nuns coming forward. Nor strippers, for that matter.

It's pretty easy to treat women with respect. Almost all these cases clearly cross the line. I don't think this is some slippery slope where soon we'll be unable to date, flirt, etc.

My position, since you all care:

- If a guy grabbed your ass decades ago, and you didn't report to him, STFU.

- If you did report to him or he otherwise had sway over you, and he grabbed your ass... shame on him, but in the end it is a muscle, in fact the largest muscle in the body, and not a sexual organ, so get over it.

- If he grabbed a boob or vajayjay, he was wrong. If you are reporting it now to make women aware that this happens, then fine. If you are on a money grab, STFU, since you should have reported it back when it might actually have impacted you.

Pretty simple really. :dunno:

While most humans enjoy attention from the opposite sex, women also do these things because its men that have traditionally been in power, and we demand it of women if they want to have any chance at anything.

Ya think? A patriarchal society, where women have been, and mostly still are, viewed as inferior to men. Color me shocked.

Uhhhh well they are viewed that way because they are. Men and women are NOT equal. They never WILL be equal. To think they are is just laughable

As already mentioned unequal doesn't mean inferior. ...At least depending on where you're coming from philosophically.

Every woman knows that men are, generally speaking, stronger than women, to consider one trait.

A 24-year-old guy with muscular dystrophy relegated to life in a wheelchair is not inferior to me. Let's say he has cerebral palsy too. Still not inferior to me.

If human life has intrinsic value, this is how 'all men are created equal' Endowed differently. Essence wise, equal.

As already mentioned unequal doesn't mean inferior. ...At least depending on where you're coming from philosophically.

Every woman knows that men are, generally speaking, stronger than women, to consider one trait.

A 24-year-old guy with muscular dystrophy relegated to life in a wheelchair is not inferior to me. Let's say he has cerebral palsy too. Still not inferior to me.

If human life has intrinsic value, this is how 'all men are created equal' Endowed differently. Essence wise, equal.

So you're now saying that size matters?

I wish you wimmen folk would make up your mind on this sh1t :mad:

While most humans enjoy attention from the opposite sex, women also do these things because its men that have traditionally been in power, and we demand it of women if they want to have any chance at anything.

My VP (woman) is ugly as Fock.

Stop it.

My VP (woman) is ugly as Fock.

Stop it.

I can also point you to a woman that doesnt wear a push up bra. Does that invalidate your entire point in your previous post?

I can also point you to a woman that doesnt wear a push up bra. Does that invalidate your entire point in your previous post?

I can point to a peacock that flaunts its feathers to attract a mate. Does that invalidate your original post?

Nature Holmes. Nature.

We can live a in a fake world where nature doesnt matter or we can all be honest with ourselves.

I prefer the honest approach. Where we dont pretend.

Women wear push-up bras to advance? Maybe from hostess to server at a chain restaurant, but not in most industries. :dunno:

ROFL. 🤣

Fockin a man.

Women wear push-up bras to advance? Maybe from hostess to server at a chain restaurant, but not in most industries. :dunno:

Women that dont present well are far less likely to advance. The same is true of men, but a man can quickly overcome his appearance via performance. Women, not so much. And who dictates this? The group in power.

Obviously there are exceptions that we can scan our brains to point out, but I dont believe anyone will rationally argue otherwise.

Women that dont present well are far less likely to advance. The same is true of men, but a man can quickly overcome his appearance via performance. Women, not so much. And who dictates this? The group in power.

Obviously there are exceptions that we can scan our brains to point out, but I dont believe anyone will rationally argue otherwise.

Plenty of successful ugly chicks.

This is borderline retarded.

Plenty of successful ugly chicks.

This is borderline retarded.

Now imagine if you had actually read what I wrote...

I can see that being more the norm in the industry you've been in, especially in Texas. Thinking about all the women I've known who have advanced, they have kept themselves well groomed with professional wardrobes, but many are not lookers. When I was in the political realm more, I definitely had the sense of that more. On the crazy liberal side (CA's crazy liberal side is pretty crazy) it was less the case, but with lobbyists, the non crazy liberals, anywhere where you feel power and money in the fiber of everything...yes. In public education in CA, definitely no. I get the idea from a lawyer friend of mine that good looking women are arbitrarily favored for their secretaries and even for their legal team, as long as they know what they're doing at least. His firm has more of an old school boys club mentality than most in the area though.

I can point to a peacock that flaunts its feathers to attract a mate. Does that invalidate your original post?

Nature Holmes. Nature.

We can live a in a fake world where nature doesnt matter or we can all be honest with ourselves.

I prefer the honest approach. Where we dont pretend.

Pwned :doublethumbsup:

Tinder, anyone?

You, slut, you :wub:

Remember how they did the whole day without a Mexican? Will be very interesting to do a whole day without men deal.

Fock both sides on this IMO.

The misogynist righties can fock off and die.

The fascist lefties can screw off too.

Jesus, were focked if these are our only choices :thumbsdown:

Fock both sides on this IMO.

The misogynist righties can fock off and die.

The fascist lefties can screw off too.

Jesus, were focked if these are our only choices :thumbsdown:

"Misogynistic righties". Uh, in light of recent revelations, that generalization isn't applicable anymore.

"Misogynistic righties". Uh, in light of recent revelations, that generalization isn't applicable anymore.

Yeah no issue with my characterization of the left.

More us vs them crap. You focking intellectually limited dipsh1t :thumbsdown:

Yeah no issue with my characterization of the left.

More us vs them crap. You focking intellectually limited dipsh1t :thumbsdown:

Because the left are facists. Why would I take issue with an accurate statement?

I don't read the stories anymore since I don't give a sh*t. I'll just read whatever else is in the news and wait for the storm of unclicked groping stories to pass.

Here is my issue with all of this;

If Pedro the office cleaner at Universal Studios Executive Offices whipped out his d-i-c-k or if Jamal the window washer slapped someone's butt or Jethro who is in plumbing repair grabbed some woman's t-i-t, I doubt these women would be holding it in for decades. Pedro, Jamal and Jethro would be hauled out of the office by police before the day's end.

I'm wondering when these women lost their voice? My ancestors were hanging from trees over claims that men were inappropriate with them.

I read Selma Blair's account of what happened to her with that director (appalling). I've been reading tons of model's stories on Instagram about photographer's inappropriate behavior. Do I believe them?

Absolutely, 100%.

But the reason they give for their silence, that I do not believe.

There's a reward for letting men take advantage of you and I'm not reading any woman saying that they stayed silent because they wanted to be in favor or they hoped there would be a benefit somewhere down the line. I just read how afraid they were. But somehow fear doesn't stop women from reporting the Pedro's, Jamal's or Jethro's.

And what I'm about to write is going to really sound f-ed up. Why is it that middle aged women find the strength to all of a sudden name names? Just like that Fox woman who stayed silent for years until her contract was not going to be renewed. It's my opinion, that when these women are no longer part of the creepy man's attention that they then find the strength to report.

In the end, it's a good thing but I think the motivation to report these men is not as pure as it seems.

Is it that she's established and no longer fears negative repercussions or is it that her roles are drying up?

If what's been reported is true, why does it matter what motivated the women to come forward? None of the dismissive arguments - they used their sexuality to advance their careers, are attention seeking, it was a a long time ago, etc., lessens the impropriety of the actions of the accused. And a large part of the problem is abuse of power/influence to facilitate harassment, something Pedro, Jamal and Jethro don't possess.

But you're right that they should've come forward ASAP, though there are several cases where earlier accusations were silenced or settlements reached. And people in Hollywood have been alluding to Weinstein's creepiness for decades.

I deleted my comment because I realized my statements are part of the problem.

Listening while getting ready this morning and reading some of the stuff over the weekend, it sounds like cooler heads are starting to Prevail a little bit. We can't just enact the death penalty every time a woman opens her mouth. There has to be substance of changes in the overall culture, but this me to crap has swung too far in One Direction. Even conservative Outlets like National Review and others are starting to defend Al Franken of all people. And pretty much everybody is starting to say look there has to be different levels. Not everything is worthy of the death penalty and not everything is sexual assault.

I heard really Salient point this morning from a woman who is calling out some of the accusers. She said she would talk to some of them personally and they would say things like well I told for 5 people but nothing happened. Who? Who did you tell? Well I'm not going to say because they're my friends. Well then you are complicit in your own victimization and the victimization of others after you. You can't just throw out names of people you don't like.

To hear that from a pretty well-known left-leaning commentator with a pretty serious bully pulpit is a pretty good indicator that we're at least starting to see a little bit of Common Sense creep back into the conversation.

I don't think that's quite accurate.

Politics exposes the many people who are insane, and incapable of forming their own thought and opinion.

I think Ed's point was fine without your 2 cents. :shakes head:

WTF dude?

This is the kind of thinking that needs to stop.

But were throwing the baby out with the bath water too because collectively were complete focking morons these days.

Dude, it's true. Just because you want to mush everyone into a pile of equals doesn't make it so. It's a pure fact men and women are different. Do you have proof otherwise? I have a shitload of proof supporting my claim.