Sign in to follow this  
LBX

Dynasty league starting.....#1?

Ok, we've been having a keeper league for a few years (just keep one player) and this year we are going full dynasty. Everyone has 1 player on there team here they are:

LJ

LT2

Alexander

P. Manning

Edge

S. Smith

CJ

Steven Jackson

Portis

Out of all the players left i dont see who is the clear cut #1 pick. I would guess Tiki but he is getting older. Who do you all think should go #1. (points given for receptions)

in dynasty LJ should go 1

in a start up dynasty ---we havent drafted yet -- i drew the 1.01

i traded

1.01 4.12 5.01 7.01

for

1.04 2.09 5.04 7.04

If you can trade the 1st pick to someone who loves LJ I'd consider it

I can go portis at 1.04 and then I got a 2nd rounder for a 4th basically

D

Take LJ and don't look back. He doesn't have nearly the wear and tear of the other backs on the list and no injury history. That pick is about as easy to make as it gets.

sorry if i didnt make myself clear but the guys i listed arent available they are already on teams, i actually have LJ

Cadillac is a good thought, what about Ronnie Brown?

Eh, don't take Ronnie Brown or Cadillac. I don't see them coming through. I think Larry will do great if you take him #1. but you could also trade for or another draft pick (as said above) Good Luck bro :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: people, read the post before you respond, jeez.

I would take Brown or Caddy. I give the edge to Brown my self...

Or.. since you already have LJ who is a solid #1 already, maybe you could take Bush. I've seen some dynasty rankings rank him as #5... but others at #25.

I would consider Brown over Cadillac b/c I think he is more of a workhorse and will stay healthy. I would maybe go with Reggie Bush if that is an option. He has a lot of upside.

Oh my fault about my previous post. Take Ronnie (but I don't think he can carry the load)

So Brown or Cadillac would be a better choice than say Tiki, Westbrook, Jordan or a WR?

I'd consider taking Jordan. Eventhough he is a vet, he has only had 1 full year's worth of wear and tear.

I also don't think that he will have nearly the amount of receptions again this year, but he does add that extra dimension, which should also keep him in on passing downs and increase his potential for touches.

Well i guess i am leaning toward either Brown, Caddy, or Rudi, sound good?

I would probably take Brown, he is having a great offseason. Williams, I'm not to sure of; Gruden can't seem to keep a back to healthy. Bush has some great upside, but can he stay healthy? Larry Fitzgerald seems to be turning into a poor man's Randy Moss (back in his Vikings days). I believe I would try to build a team to win this year, you already have a stud of a keeper in LJ.

Reggie Bush is the clear cut obvious answer for a Dynasty League....right, Force of Two...I know he'll agree with me on this one!

I'm going out on a limb and telling you to take LJ.... Lamont Jordan. He should approach double digit TDs, is more durable than Brown or Caddy, and is still young on an offense that should stick to the ground game. Plus no one is pushing him for playing time.

HTH :first:

Here's how I'd rank it:

1. Barber--Sure he's older, but he's the best option available and people think way too long term about dynasty leagues. Play to win now and pick good veterans if they are available. Barber is a top flight back, don't shy away from him. Here's a good argument about thinking long term vs. short term in dynasty leagues.

2. Jordan--That Raiders team will get a lot better under Art Shell very quick. If you are so squeamish about Barber, Jordan is the next best option that combines the long term v. short term.

3. Westbrook--Reception dynamo that will be a top 10 player in your scoring system.

4. Cadillac--I know a lot of people are pimping Brown, but Jon Gruden will use Caddy a lot in all phases of the game. The kid has worked hard on his receiving skills during the offseason. He's going to be a great all around back. I love how everyone says he isn't durable. 1 year isn't enough to make that judgment. Sure he got dinged in college, but he also did a great job carrying the load against some bigtime opponents.

4. Reggie Bush. In a point per reception league, this guy is going to be awesome. If you're really bold and like to take a high risk, he has the potential to be a very good long term first round pick. If you read the long term-short term and still have the desire to be the Hugh Hefner of dynasty leagues (risk taker), then Bush is the pick.

5. Ronnie Brown. Excellent player, but you'll really have to believe that he'll be the centerpeice of the offense and not Daunte Culpepper. Could happen this year, but not next...