Sign in to follow this  
Hogan40

Keeper Help

I'm in a league that assigns 1 point for every 10 yards and 6 points for a TD, with no additional points for receptions. I can only keep two of the four: Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Domanick Davis and Warrick Dunn. I'm sure I already know the answers I'll get, but I'm looking for some reassurance. Any help fellas?

I'm in a league that assigns 1 point for every 10 yards and 6 points for a TD, with no additional points for receptions. I can only keep two of the four: Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Domanick Davis and Warrick Dunn. I'm sure I already know the answers I'll get, but I'm looking for some reassurance. Any help fellas?

I'd hold on to Davis and Holt. You'll probably be able to upgrade from Dunn, especially because he's getting on in years, and CJ's probably going to be too much of a question mark with Palmer recovering. Davis is an inury risk, but hopefully they won't have to run him into the ground this yeah, so maybe he'll stay healthy longer, and Holt's always been very consistent.

I wouldn't even consider Dunn, and rank the others as follows:

Holt

D Davis

C Johnson

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these 3, so if your draft looks to have more RBs than WRs available (deep rookie RB pool this year) you might want to hold onto Johnson instead of D Davis.

Holt and CJ...and then hope that you can pick up RB's later.....

Dunn shouldnt be considered....and DDavis is going to wipe out many a fantasy owner this year when his knee explodes

Tis is a tough call.

I would hold on to Chad Johnson and Dom Davis, if you don't have any RB's. If you do have RB's already, then you have to take Holt and Johnson. Both WR's are studs.

This one's closer than it looks at first. Davis has become a concern in Houston since his knee isn't healing as quickly as was hoped / expected. Holt will do what he's been doing the past several years. No ppr doesn't make Dunn that great an option. Anthony Wright ultimately hurts Johnson while Palmer is out. 20 TD's to 25 Ints. and completion % in the low fifties for his career (last year was over 60% but at only ten yards per comp. avg.) Hmmm.

I would definitely keep Holt. I'm sure no one will agree with this but.... I'd keep Dunn. You do need to keep at least one back since there will most likely be very slim pickins' in your draft. Davis stands a fair chance of missing a few games and also being questionable and a game time decision in enough other games to end up being less reliable than Dunn. In Dunns favor is the fact that Norwood, like most rookie RB's, is a good candidate to miss time due to injuries throughout the season and Ducketts situation is still up in the air. Although lack of TD's is a real concern with Dunn, he does average over 4.5 ypc over the past four seasons and totalled over 1400 yards and 1600 yards combined offense in '04 and '05 respectively. Tough to have to say for sure whether or not to keep him.... I'm stuck between Johnson, with his potentially slow start or longer and Dunn who doesn't provide the stats you'd want in a keeper RB. Flip a coin?