Sign in to follow this  
Strike

School shooting solution

One of my idiot friends on Facebook obviously cut and pasted something about how Oxycontin is regulated and it kills more people than guns.

So I just had to bring up that as soon as lonely loser emo freaks start forcing Oxycontin down the throats of innocent kids, then that might be a valid comparison. Until then, it's a bit like comparing food poisoning with bulimia.

I'd be perfectly thrilled if these lonely loser Emo Freak gun nuts would kill themselves the way that oxy users are doing. The problem is, they seem to need to spread the wealth around.

these are no's 1 and 2 imo

social media is when it all started, we have had guns for 250 years, we have had mass shootings since 99

How do you force families to stay intact and eliminate a multi billion dollar industry?

No they probably weren't "unable", as in they just couldn't do it. The question is how hard did they try? My understanding is there a 4chan boards and other places where stuff like this is said a lot. So the quandary is how do they know which ones to take seriously and devote major resources to discovering?

Id be curious to know how many “threats” they receive daily. If this bored has taught me anything, it’s the internet is a vile place.

I havent thought this through at all and Im totally spitballing here....so dont hang me.

Have any of these mass shootings been carried out by someone over the age of 30? My quick gut reaction is to not get as antsy when I learn a 35 year old has an AR-15, but a 20 year old makes me nervous.

So what if you cant own certain types of weapons until certain ages? Maybe an up to 18 bracket, 18-30 bracket, and over 30 years old bracket.

I havent thought this through at all and Im totally spitballing here....so dont hang me.

Have any of these mass shootings been carried out by someone over the age of 30? My quick gut reaction is to not get as antsy when I learn a 35 year old has an AR-15, but a 20 year old makes me nervous.

So what if you cant own certain types of weapons until certain ages? Maybe an up to 18 bracket, 18-30 bracket, and over 30 years old bracket.

I think the workplace shootings tend to be older guys and then of course there was the Las Vegas shooter

Gun shows are illegal?!? They happen weekly seems to me.

I was mainly talking about registration though, not sales so much.

I meant private sales without registration thru gun shows are illegal, the gun show loophole so to speak

Well IMO its only worthwhile to discuss modifiable risk factors.

you dont think it would be good to come up with a discussion on how important the family is? You don't think that would help things?

I also think it would do a lot of good to try to show people the dangers of social media especially on kids

it might help

yet you run to ban guns, when less than 0.01% of the guns are used in deaths annually

you dont think it would be good to come up with a discussion on how important the family is? You don't think that would help things?

I also think it would do a lot of good to try to show people the dangers of social media especially on kids

it might help

yet you run to ban guns, when less than 0.01% of the guns are used in deaths annually

No, I don’t think discussing the importance of family will change the factors contributing to single parent households.

And it’s great to mention the problems with social media, but I don’t believe that will meaningfully impact gun violence either.

I’m not running to ban anything, but I think more stringent regulation has to be a component of our efforts to curb gun violence. It has worked in the US and elsewhere, and it is readily modifiable, in contrast to the issues you mention.

And yet you still push more gun control....... :doh:

Bump diggity

I put this in its own thread, but for you ###### retreads, literally today one year ago Trump signed his first piece of significant legislation. Do you want to know what it was? You probably do because it's the one piece of legislation that he didn't call a ###### press conference for. It was to make obtaining a weapon easier for people with mental illness. I'm a mother ###### ###### you not.

News organizations have repeatedly asked for footage of or at least even still photos of his signing ceremony. The white house isn't stupid, they steadfastly refused to do so.

Trump's first major legislation people.

Since you bothered to bump your own post, can you please provide a link which details exactly what it was that Trump undid? I'd like to learn more about it so that I can form an informed opinion. TIA. :thumbsup:

You have a frustrating way of wording things which inhibits discussion. In this case you referred to a comment you made about how can you make families stay together. You can't MAKE them, sheesh, talk about a non-starter. There is plenty you can do to encourage or incentivize them however, but that is a different thread. :cheers:

Since you bothered to bump your own post, can you please provide a link which details exactly what it was that Trump undid? I'd like to learn more about it so that I can form an informed opinion. TIA. :thumbsup:

s:

He undid an Obama rule that hadn't even gone in to effect that would have allowed the government to restrict gun ownership from SS recipents who needed help doing their finances under the guise that this showed them to be mentally deficient. All of this without due process. So, want SS, give up your 2nd amendment rights.

BTW, I responded to Wiffs original post so not sure why he bumped it.

No, I don’t think discussing the importance of family will change the factors contributing to single parent households.

And it’s great to mention the problems with social media, but I don’t believe that will meaningfully impact gun violence either.

I’m not running to ban anything, but I think more stringent regulation has to be a component of our efforts to curb gun violence. It has worked in the US and elsewhere, and it is readily modifiable, in contrast to the issues you mention.

oh you mean like Chicago?

So the same people that have been calling the president Hitler for the past year also want him to take their guns...not the brightest bunch are they?

One of my idiot friends on Facebook obviously cut and pasted something about how Oxycontin is regulated and it kills more people than guns.

So I just had to bring up that as soon as lonely loser emo freaks start forcing Oxycontin down the throats of innocent kids, then that might be a valid comparison. Until then, it's a bit like comparing food poisoning with bulimia.

I'd be perfectly thrilled if these lonely loser Emo Freak gun nuts would kill themselves the way that oxy users are doing. The problem is, they seem to need to spread the wealth around.

I don't believe you... You don't have friends...

;)

I use FB to post examples of why my kids >>>>>>>>>>>>>> your kids. I'm focking Switzerland when it comes to politics. :cheers:

You have a frustrating way of wording things which inhibits discussion. In this case you referred to a comment you made about how can you make families stay together. You can't MAKE them, sheesh, talk about a non-starter. There is plenty you can do to encourage or incentivize them however, but that is a different thread. :cheers:

Sorry to frustrate you, but its a helluva lot easier to regulate guns more effectively, like much of the rest of the developed world, than reverse the cultural changes which have led to the decay of the nuclear family. But Im interested in the ideas you have to promote families, so by all means, start another thread.

There is no solution. Just hope your kid isnt in the line of Fire, thats all we can do. After the shooting Miami had a gun show and hundreds of people showed up to buy rifles and ar15 to protect themselves. More accidents, more shootings. This gets worse before it gets better. Far worse. Someone is probably loading up right as we speak. You gun nuts out there basking in our glorious rights, be sure to kiss little Timmy on the forehead before he leaves for school next week, ya never know. Murica!

There is speculation, but nothing verified to my knowledge. Please share your reputable source.

Do you think he was?

Do you think he was?

I don’t know, but about 1 in 6 Americans take some sort of psych med, so it wouldnt surprise me if a kid with behavioral issues was on them. That’s a far cry from establishing causality, however.

Doesnt matter if he was on drugs or not. The kid said he wanted to be a school shooter, said he wanted to murder people and flaunted weapons online. This aint rocket science.

Doesnt matter if he was on drugs or not. The kid said he wanted to be a school shooter, said he wanted to murder people and flaunted weapons online. This aint rocket science.

Yeah, the gun folks are just looking for a scapegoat. I bet the kid played video games and ate GMO foods too.

I dont know, but about 1 in 6 Americans take some sort of psych med, so it wouldnt surprise me if a kid with behavioral issues was on them. Thats a far cry from establishing causality, however.

People on psych meds should have some sort of indicator on them so the rest of us know who they are. For safety.

People on psych meds should have some sort of indicator on them so the rest of us know who they are. For safety.

The lifetime prevalence of mental health disorders approaches 50% in the US, with up to 20% of caucasians using psych meds at any given time. That’s a lot of labeling, which I’m sure wouldn’t have any unintended consequences, not the least of which would be further stigmatization of mental illness.

The lifetime prevalence of mental health disorders approaches 50% in the US, with up to 20% of caucasians using psych meds at any given time. Thats a lot of labeling, which Im sure wouldnt have any unintended consequences, not the least of which would be further stigmatization of mental illness.

Not really. There would be so many people labeled it wouldn't become a big deal. As a matter of fact, people would see their friends, co-workers and loved ones are afflicted and bring about more understanding and empathy. It's a disease, like cancer. Let's treat it like that.

I do think that what would really help, is if the people calling for a ban, spend at least 20 minutes reading a PowerPoint on guns. When you have someone saying something dumb like this is a ghost gun.. or you can buy a gun cheaper than a book... Really kills any credibility.

I do think that what would really help, is if the people calling for a ban, spend at least 20 minutes reading a PowerPoint on guns. When you have someone saying something dumb like this is a ghost gun.. or you can buy a gun cheaper than a book... Really kills any credibility.

It would also help if people actually read the limited amount of well designed, peer reviewed research on gun control, rather than blathering on about prying guns from their dead hands.

It would also help if people actually read the limited amount of well designed, peer reviewed research on gun control, rather than blathering on about prying guns from their dead hands.

Absolutely, and can quit the bull about being able to fight off a tyrannical government. Those days are over. Its time for a rational rewrite in my opinion

Sorry to frustrate you, but its a helluva lot easier to regulate guns more effectively, like much of the rest of the developed world, than reverse the cultural changes which have led to the decay of the nuclear family. But Im interested in the ideas you have to promote families, so by all means, start another thread.

This is your opinion, because it fits your worldview. :dunno:

• Like 1