Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

And to think this team is without two starters. This is pretty much Boston's division the next few years... Gotta tip your cap to Danny Ainge.

And to think this team is without two starters. This is pretty much Boston's division the next few years... Gotta tip your cap to Danny Ainge.

Celts v Sixers is going to be good for the next few years. Too bad for me, I don't watch the NBA

Celts v Sixers is going to be good for the next few years. Too bad for me, I don't watch the NBA

Be a good time to jump in. A lot of really good young Talent Right now.

Be a good time to jump in. A lot of really good young Talent Right now.

average of 25+ 3 pointers a game?

no thanks

Celtics are a very good team - extremely well coached, tough and deep.

The silver linings for me are that the Sixers were uncharacteristically poor on D and its very unlikely they shoot as poorly from 3 while Boston kills it from 3 again in this series.

Anyway on to Game 2.

average of 25+ 3 pointers a game?

no thanks

If that's really all you see then yeah nevermind. :)

If that's really all you see then yeah nevermind. :)

That and iBall

Agreed, I'd lean conference as well, team will be phenomenal with a healthy Kyrie and Gordon, the experience the younger guys are getting this year will go along way moving forward.

Ainge has absolutely killed it, young talented roster, hats off to him.

What sport do you watch? Im not asking so i can rip it....

I'm getting closer and closer to no sports in my life. I watched the 1st period of the Bruins (on DVR) last night and went to bed. When I got to work I started to watch the Red Sox (DVR), but I know they won, so it makes it difficult to care. If I had the time, I would watch everything but the NBA. Not sure if it's racism in me, or what, I just can't watch it. Every time I try to watch the Celtics, I can't keep watching. They usually win, so it's not that

I'm getting closer and closer to no sports in my life. I watched the 1st period of the Bruins (on DVR) last night and went to bed. When I got to work I started to watch the Red Sox (DVR), but I know they won, so it makes it difficult to care. If I had the time, I would watch everything but the NBA. Not sure if it's racism in me, or what, I just can't watch it. Every time I try to watch the Celtics, I can't keep watching. They usually win, so it's not that

Ya see and I'm not a hockey fan. I've tried to watch and and I'm aware people love it to death and that's perfectly fine. But much the way you watch basketball and say it's I all or just a bunch of 3-pointers I look at hockey and I just see turnover turnover turnover turnover nobody can score nobody can score.

So I feel ya. I sort of feel the same way about hockey. but I'm aware that's more of me not understanding it more than the game itself probably.

Ya see and I'm not a hockey fan. I've tried to watch and and I'm aware people love it to death and that's perfectly fine. But much the way you watch basketball and say it's I all or just a bunch of 3-pointers I look at hockey and I just see turnover turnover turnover turnover nobody can score nobody can score.

So I feel ya. I sort of feel the same way about hockey. but I'm aware that's more of me not understanding it more than the game itself probably.

The commuter train I take home every night, leaves from the very building the Bruins and Celtics play in. Every time there are a ton of people around, I know there is a home game and I can tell which team is playing, by what the fans look like (team attire aside)

They were without 3 starters last night - Hayward, Irving and Brown.

Ah true.

Hayward has played what - 5 minutes in the first game of an 82-game season? Boston won 55 games without him - I dont think his absence counts anymore.

Hayward has played what - 5 minutes in the first game of an 82-game season? Boston won 55 games without him - I dont think his absence counts anymore.

Yeah the Warriors probably shouldn't even bring in curry because they won a bunch of games in the playoffs without him.

Yeah the Warriors probably shouldn't even bring in curry because they won a bunch of games in the playoffs without him.

If Curry was a new addition this year and he broke his leg minutes into the season, it would be silly for GSW Warriors to still be pointing to the absence of a player they never really had as a factor in the playoffs.

I will agree with you I wasn't really enamored with them signing ANOTHER white guy. This is Boston, what was racist ainge thinking?

That being said, you're retarded to think he won't make them better and I don't even know what I'm talking about

I will agree with you I wasn't really enamored with them signing ANOTHER white guy. This is Boston, what was racist ainge thinking?

That being said, you're retarded to think he won't make them better and I don't even know what I'm talking about

I didnt say he wont make them better. Im saying the statute of limitations on claiming that theyre missing a starter who played <10 minutes for them all in Game 1 expired months ago.

I didnt say he wont make them better. Im saying the statute of limitations on claiming that theyre missing a starter who played <10 minutes for them all in Game 1 expired months ago.

Well it will probably end up being the difference between them winning a title or not soooooo....

Well it will probably end up being the difference between them winning a title or not soooooo....

Sure it will. :lol:

Well, they went from being a favorite to be in the Conference finals to being just another team when he went down. They did not lose just a starter -- the guy was an all star. Not making excuses, but saying that they were missing 3 of what-would-have-been their starters if all had been healthy.

Well, they went from being a favorite to be in the Conference finals to being just another team when he went down. They did not lose just a starter -- the guy was an all star. Not making excuses, but saying that they were missing 3 of what-would-have-been their starters if all had been healthy.

I agree with you, just tired of Celtics fans saying theyre missing two All Stars. How can you be missing a guy who never even really played for you?

Its not like you guys are missing your MVP caliber QB, All Pro Left tackle, starting MLB and punt return ace. Now THAT would be an impossible situation!

I always giggle when talking heads said this Toronto team was different. No, no they aren't.

Frauds, nothing has changed.

I always giggle when talking heads said this Toronto team was different. No, no they aren't.

Frauds, nothing has changed.

Nope... thought the same thing.

If you could encapsulate an entire franchise...it would have been those last 4 minutes of regulation. Just sooo Toronto.

Really impressive road win by the Cavs. Officials were doing everything they could to help the Raptors in that 4th quarter when they couldn't buy a basket. How many wide open layups and putbacks did they miss? Another triple double for LeBron. Lue playing Thompson again is just what this team needed on the boards/defense. Korver, Smith, and Green knocking down shots tonight. Toronto got tight and felt the pressure.

Steph, out 6 weeks, doesn't miss a beat.

No big deal, ho-hum.

:dunno:

LeBron shot 20% in the 4th quarter and OT and Toronto couldn't get the win, sad. Toronto missed last 11 shots in regulation...

:doh:

LeBron shot 20% in the 4th quarter and OT and Toronto couldn't get the win, sad. Toronto missed last 11 shots in regulation...

:doh:

I feel like 4 of those misses were by that white oaf right under the basket on a single possession.

I won't judge Lowery for running the offense for 22 seconds, then deciding the play didn't look good enough and calling a timeout with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.

I won't judge Lowery, as the in bounds passer, for taking a 5 second violation.

But watching him there, I don't know that he'd have thrown the in bounds pass in if they'd given him 10 seconds. It felt like a guy overwhelmed by that moment. I feel a little judgy.

I thought the Cavs won the title, why are they still playing?

Whats up with the nba scheduling? Sixers-Celtics had a two-day break so there was no eastern conference game last night. Tonight both EC games are on, at 8 and 8:30. Sixers gane 3 is at 5 pm Saturday and 6 pm Monday.

Wtf?

I am cautiously optimistic about Philly tonight.

Whats up with the nba scheduling? Sixers-Celtics had a two-day break so there was no eastern conference game last night. Tonight both EC games are on, at 8 and 8:30. Sixers gane 3 is at 5 pm Saturday and 6 pm Monday.

Wtf?

Got to love TV making the decisions of when games are scheduled...

Wtf?

Bruins game took precedence for last night in Boston, so Celtics had to play tonight.

Bruins game took precedence for last night in Boston, so Celtics had to play tonight.

I didnt even consider that, because hockey is barely a sport.

Better than a 6pm ET starting time on a weekday.

That sucks too. The schedule is awful.

Is there anything more Toronto than losing two home games against the Cavs?

LBJ is on another planet tonight.