Sign in to follow this  
njacinto

With the rain and wind in Cleveland...

With the 40 mph winds and torrential rain forecast in Cleveland (Pitt @ Clev), do I start both Big Ben and Antonio Brown? Do I start only Brown? Do I bench both and start Stafford and Demaryius Thomas instead? This game is beginning to become a headache...

You never start Big Ben on the road, and with the weather you play Browns D in DFS.

Follow up question, do I then start the Pitt defense? I have both the Saints and the Steelers. I'm starting to think this Pitt/Clev game will play the under...

You never start Big Ben on the road, and with the weather you play Browns D in DFS.

Follow up question, do I then start the Pitt defense? I have both the Saints and the Steelers. I'm starting to think this Pitt/Clev game will play the under...

Pitt wouldn't be a bad start. Shouldn't be high-scoring in Cleveland, but Tyrod takes pretty good care of the ball, and Hyde is a mudder.

Honestly, I would probably hang with Saints. Fitzpatrick is not too mobile....and will take chances when behind, which I expect them to be.

I would not be comfortable starting Ben at all

Ben owner in my league finally got some sense and picked up Dalton.

Should be low scoring, neither QB will be able to toss anything accurate beyond 20+ yards with a 40mph wind and a rain soaked ball....my guess Ben stays under 200yd mark in passing, would not be shocked if a RB or TE produces more receiving yards than Brown in this type of weather....

I just sat Big Ben for C. Keenum. A. Dalton is available on waivers; hmmmm..

Dalton Indoors vs a suspect defense and all his guys healthy.

Antonio Brown is a must start even with bad weather correct?

Other options.....

Benjamin @ Baltimore

Nelson vs. Rams

Stills @ Tennessee

Watkins @ Chargers

Antonio Brown is a must start even with bad weather correct?

Other options.....

Benjamin @ Baltimore

Nelson vs. Rams

Stills @ Tennessee

Watkins @ Chargers

No way I start any of them over Brown. If I had a decent option though I prob would. Brown has bad games here and there. Nelson is usually going to be a decent option imo, but definitely not this week

• Like 1

only way I'd sit Brown is if the report of 40 MPH winds comes to fruition. The latest I saw was that it will be extremely wet but just regular windy, nothing like 40mph.

• Like 1

supposed to be 5 inches of rain and 40+ mph winds tomorrow in Cleveland. IF they don't postpone the game til Monday I'd only start rbs. maybe..

I don't like getting cute with my 1st rd pick in the 1st game of the season, but the weather reports have got me spooked. Sitting Brown for Goodwin.

I reeeeally want to start Conner, but I've got McCaffery, Howard & Freeman and I don't think he's got anything over on them.

Gonna watch this one 'til right before kickoff...pretty way to start the year.

PS. this is starting to feel like deja vu, with a hurricane affecting my game1 starters last year too...

I don't know. NOAA is usually pretty accurate......more so, in my experience, than those "NFL forecast" websites. They are calling for less-than-favorable conditions, but nothing like a monsoon. Link below:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.5047&lon=-81.6907#.W5R0oehKi1s

Still sounds pretty bad for football conditions. Sucks for my Pitt - 6 bet. I doubt they score enough points for the bet to come through

You always start Brown. Always.

This is my philosophy.

All it takes is one juke and he turns a 10 yard pass into 10-15 fantasy points.

Doesn't the advantage go to the wr in inclement weather? They know exactly where they are cutting and where the ball is going. Defenders are the ones having to make snap adjustments on slick turf.

This is my philosophy.

All it takes is one juke and he turns a 10 yard pass into 10-15 fantasy points.

Doesn't the advantage go to the wr in inclement weather? They know exactly where they are cutting and where the ball is going. Defenders are the ones having to make snap adjustments on slick turf.

It's the QB trying to throw the ball when it's wet through windy conditions that screw up the pass game.

Heck, I'm not even one of those rabid "always start your stud" guys (except Stephen Davis, of course, whom you NEVA bench). However, from the forecast I have seen, AB is an auto start this week.

• Like 2

Stoney's NOAA report isn't as bad as I previously thought. That said I'm still shying away from all but AB and the running backs. It would be a game time decision on starting even those for me.

Here are my WR's:

Landry

JuJu

Will Fuller

Kelvin Benjamin

Corey Davis

Tyler Lockett

Cameron Meredith

I'm thinking about going with Davis, but unsure if I should stick with JuJu.

Only QB I can plug in is Trubisky, sooo I'm stuck riding my Ben/Brown stack and taking the L.

Ok. Bad decision but happy loss.

Big Ben or Mahomes? Or drop 1 for Dalton

lol I'm in the exact same sitch in one league. I had Ben in all week, but just changed to Mahomes. That means Ben will throw for 400 and 5 TDs.

I would not be comfortable starting Ben at all

I'm not starting him either. The road/home splits weren't quite as severe last year, but the weather concerns keeps him on my bench.

Starting Alex Smith in the dome vs. the Cardinals. .

The forecast doesnt look great but it really isnt that bad from what I can see....61 degrees wind 10-15 mph and less .5 inches of rain. Thinking of rolling with Connor amd possibly benching Juju