Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Fair trade, or nah?

This is a PPR Dynasty League. The trade is under review for approval. The league is split 50/50 on if this should be allowed. I know both owners and there is no collusion here.

Team A gave up L. Bell.

Team B gave up Calvin Ridley, Eric Ebron, Marlon Mack, their 1st round pick in the 2019 rookie draft and the 3.08 pick in the rookie draft this August.

Team A is a contender every year, but desperately needed a RB1 to compete for the title. Team B has multiple RB's, but almost nothing at WR and they are trying to build for the future. I know the owner and he likes to build around WR's, not RB's.

Personally - I think this is a fair deal. Thoughts? (Neither team is mine!)

I'd let it go through and remove team a from the league for being terrible.

I don't think it's enough for Bell. But I'd let it go through.

Whatever... it seems like he could get more for Bell, but I know people who think Pittsburgh won't pay him and that Bell won't play another game there... so who knows?

There are better things to get upset about.

I am making an assumption that if Team A is regularly in the top of the league he knows what he is doing...

I think people mix up the questions of would you do this trade? And is this trade fair? Just cause someone wouldn't do it if they were one of teams doesn't mean its not "fair."

I don't think it's a terrible deal, but I would have wanted a little better than Enron and Mack, to got along with Ridley and the picks. There's no reason to veto this trade.

Any trade is valid in a dynasty. Or does someone think these two teams are working together in perpetuity? Why does the structure of the league allow for judging trades that are not overwhelmingly uneven? For example: trading LeVeon Bell for Matt Forte.

Does everyone judge and vote on draft picks by a team as well? Whether they are valid or not?

The minute someone veto's a trade I make in a dynasty league I would be done with that league. Simple. We all do not value the same thing in the same way as others. Sooner or later a so called bad trade will work out in the favor of the person getting the bad end of the deal. Let it alone.

In 2012 I was out of the playoffs by week 10. I traded Arian Foster (who I only had under contract for that year) for Antonio Brown and 3 more years of his contract at 1.5% of salary cap. The Brown owner had to throw in some salary dump for that year but that didn't matter to me as that dump contract was over that year.

In 2012 Brown was not the receiver who we became to know. I won my first championship in that league over the next couple years and made the playoffs all 3 years of having him.

Thank goodness there weren't teams bitching about what seemed an unfair trade.

Just let teams trade who they want, if you don't trust their motives in the league, maybe form a league with normal folks.

If Ridley ends up being a high-end WR2 or even a WR1 down the road, and that 1st round 2019 pick hits, then two years from now this trade wouldn't even be an issue.

Would I do it if I was team A? No. But I've got no issue with it being allowed. Veto should only be used in rare cases that involve an obvious dump and/or collusion.

Whatever... it seems like he could get more for Bell, but I know people who think Pittsburgh won't pay him and that Bell won't play another game there... so who knows?

There are better things to get upset about.

I am making an assumption that if Team A is regularly in the top of the league he knows what he is doing...

this :thumbsup:

is a distinct possibility. Bell may not perform the same way in another offense.

and if Rothlisberger actually does retire this year or next, then teams will gear up just to stop him.

I do think as an asset, he is an asset that is headed for a decline in value over the next 3 years.

do I think the seller could have got a better deal? probably

do I think the deal should be veto'd? No.

This is a PPR Dynasty League. The trade is under review for approval. The league is split 50/50 on if this should be allowed. I know both owners and there is no collusion here. )

I stopped reading here because the rest is irrelevant.

This is a PPR Dynasty League. The trade is under review for approval. The league is split 50/50 on if this should be allowed.

Quit the league now. They have plenty of time to find another person, and you have plenty of time to find a better league.

14 posts later and we're all in agreement.

See, we can find common ground and get along.

But seriously, the review is VERY dictatorship. If there's no collusion, or it's not a deal thats absolutely detrimental to the balance of the league. Then you just gotta let people run their teams.

You can't play god with bad trades. There's gotta be more for the holy mighty to chime in.

14 posts later and we're all in agreement.

See, we can find common ground and get along.

But seriously, the review is VERY dictatorship. If there's no collusion, or it's not a deal thats absolutely detrimental to the balance of the league. Then you just gotta let people run their teams.

You can't play god with bad trades. There's gotta be more for the holy mighty to chime in.

This is not a bad trade because it is not the future. You don't know the results. You only know your opinion.

• Like 1

It's not that bad, certainly not worth a veto.

Bell is great but he's disgruntled with his contract and has a good bit of wear on the tread.

A first round pick in a rookie draft could be gold and the third rounder isn't that bad either.

What the two owners have on their team or how they build their team's isn't relevant to if this trade is fair.

I think it comes down to roster size. If you can't keep all the players in the trade or have to drop other good players then no not very good. But- not good and fair are not the same. I would not veto