Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Al Franken (D) Wants Google, Facebook And Twitter To Censor Political Speech

Instead of simply trusting the big tech companies to police how their services are being used and abused, Franken suggested that regulators need to step in. Lawmakers should take a closer look at the influence technology plays in the everyday lives of Americans by conducting “vigorous oversight in the form of investigations and hearings to fully understand current practices and the potential for harm,” the Minnesota senator said.

How can anyone vote for a Democrat these days? There are some RINOs for sure, but Jesus Christ the Dems are so open about their hatred for freedom of speech.

Instead of simply trusting the big tech companies to police how their services are being used and abused, Franken suggested that regulators need to step in. Lawmakers should take a closer look at the influence technology plays in the everyday lives of Americans by conducting “vigorous oversight in the form of investigations and hearings to fully understand current practices and the potential for harm,” the Minnesota senator said.

How can anyone vote for a Democrat these days? There are some RINOs for sure, but Jesus Christ the Dems are so open about their hatred for freedom of speech.

Want to provide a link, cause what you quoted doesn't quite jive with "censor free speech"

Well thats certainly a heavy-handed take on it, but yeah there are first amendment concerns here. I hope we as a society can figure out how to navigate some of these issues while retaining our basic liberties :thumbsup:

Well thats certainly a heavy-handed take on it, but yeah there are first amendment concerns here. I hope we as a society can figure out how to navigate some of these issues while retaining our basic liberties :thumbsup:

What do you think it leads to? Twitter has already admitted they bury Clinton illegal stuff even when it's trending. How about we don't try and "vigorous oversight" free speech and yes that includes so called hate speech.

There is a relatively certain way.

Kick progressives out of positions of authority.

Being a Minnesota Jew, Franken had no choice but to be a Democrat. I think he was raised with the sensibilities to make a fine Republican, obviously he has shed them.