Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

DRAFT Vick and Chris Johnson...

You want to win your league? Make sure you get both. People are so quick to forget how good both of these guys are. Vick got hurt and yes he runs a lot and the risk is higher but if he stays healthy he's gonna kill it. Djax didn't play last year cause of the contract issues. The Eagles are like the Heat they have a lot to prove and I think they will win the Superbowl. Now Chris Johnson didn't show up to camp and we saw what happened to Larry Johnson when he didn't show up. Trust me when Chris is healthy and motivated no running back will put up the numbers he does. People are so quick to write someone off after 1 bad year. Did you guys forget this guy ran for 2,000 yards? Look I don't want to sit here and claim I'm some GURU and I know all but trust me on this one. Everyone told me last year that taking Stafford was a bad idea and that he is always hurt. Everyone in the league get's hurt. Look at the RB's that went don last year. Mcfadden,Forte,Mendhall,Murray,Best,Hightower,Charles,Wells,Jackson and the list goes on and on. Does that mean you don't draft RBs high?

You want to win your league? Make sure you get both. People are so quick to forget how good both of these guys are. Vick got hurt and yes he runs a lot and the risk is higher but if he stays healthy he's gonna kill it. Djax didn't play last year cause of the contract issues. The Eagles are like the Heat they have a lot to prove and I think they will win the Superbowl. Now Chris Johnson didn't show up to camp and we saw what happened to Larry Johnson when he didn't show up. Trust me when Chris is healthy and motivated no running back will put up the numbers he does. People are so quick to write someone off after 1 bad year. Did you guys forget this guy ran for 2,000 yards? Look I don't want to sit here and claim I'm some GURU and I know all but trust me on this one. Everyone told me last year that taking Stafford was a bad idea and that he is always hurt. Everyone in the league get's hurt. Look at the RB's that went don last year. Mcfadden,Forte,Mendhall,Murray,Best,Hightower,Charles,Wells,Jackson and the list goes on and on. Does that mean you don't draft RBs high?

GFIAFP :dunno:

What does this stand for? I made up my own acrinim to go with these letters but it is profain and targets a particular giants fan. Am I way off?

I love these not-so-veiled attempts at patting one's self on the back for last year and extrapolating that success into a sure-fire prediction for this year. And you're dead-on, this is written just like a GFIAFP post, well minus saving the firefighters @ WTC. Since we're puffing out our chests...I won my league by drafting Stafford and Jimmy Graham late last year...however that doesn't make me Kreskin with the ability to predict the future.

The unfortunate part is that, I believe he's right. I've already given serious consideration if given a late pick to taking Johnson/Vick. You'd obviously have to back Vick up a bit earlier than if you take Rodgers/Brady/Brees or possibly even Stafford/Newton...but after those guys there may not be a better QB choice than Vick. This might be a d-bag sounding post, but it's also one that may be right. It's all about value, and both those guys ceilings are way higher than where they'll be drafted.

What does this stand for? I made up my own acrinim to go with these letters but it is profain and targets a particular giants fan. Am I way off?

GFIAFP

I always wondered this myself. My interpretation was close to the one being provided in the link.

Is this thread started in 2009 prior to the 2010 season - it would be on point!

Running backs are so weak in this draft that CJ2 will be a first round pick in nearly every league. That means in a 12-team league if you draft CJ2 in the middle of the first you'll be looking at Vick in the mid-2nd, 18-20 range or so.

I'm an Eagles fan and I think Vick will have a better season than last year, but there's no way I'm gambling on an injury-prone QB that early when options like Brees or even Cam are still going to be on the board, to say nothing of perennially underrated, safer options like Eli Manning many rounds later.

For me Vick becomes worth the gamble in the 3rd. I wouldn't touch him before that.

The problem I have with Vick is he's only had 1 elite fantasy season. The other seasons when healthy have been average at best or below.

The problem I have with Vick is he's only had 1 elite fantasy season. The other seasons when healthy have been average at best or below.

That is why I may let Vicky pass and instead go after Homo or Hayseed Rivers.

Running backs are so weak in this draft that CJ2 will be a first round pick in nearly every league. That means in a 12-team league if you draft CJ2 in the middle of the first you'll be looking at Vick in the mid-2nd, 18-20 range or so.

I'm an Eagles fan and I think Vick will have a better season than last year, but there's no way I'm gambling on an injury-prone QB that early when options like Brees or even Cam are still going to be on the board, to say nothing of perennially underrated, safer options like Eli Manning many rounds later.

For me Vick becomes worth the gamble in the 3rd. I wouldn't touch him before that.

Vick is mocking mid 4th right now. That feels about right to me and a nice spot to gamble. You've got your 2 RB's and a WR at that point, so that's when I would generally look at a top TE/QB or another WR. Since the top TE's are going so early, I'd entertain Vick or another WR in the 4th.

Vick is mocking mid 4th right now. That feels about right to me and a nice spot to gamble. You've got your 2 RB's and a WR at that point, so that's when I would generally look at a top TE/QB or another WR. Since the top TE's are going so early, I'd entertain Vick or another WR in the 4th.

If you pass on the big QB early then I'd wait it out to grab a Shaub in the later rounds..

Vick has been a top 5 fantasy QB 3 or 4 times in his career hasn't he?

If you pass on the big QB early then I'd wait it out to grab a Shaub in the later rounds..

Roeth, Cutler and to a lesser extent Palmer and Freeman could all be good late options too. Both QB and TE seem to be very deep this year.

there gonna run the ball even more this year from what I hear..

Roeth, Cutler and to a lesser extent Palmer and Freeman could all be good late options too. Both QB and TE seem to be very deep this year.

You would really stake this years fantasy success with freeman as your "value" qb? No thanks. You already lost.

Cam and Brees won't be on the board after the 2nd round in most leagues. If they were I'd jump all over that, but people are going to want to have one of the top 5 QB (Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Newton, Stafford) very early. I agree that QB is deep this year, but those 5 guys are on another level. The guys I'm targeting if I can't get a top 5 guy are Vick, Romo and Rivers...any of whom I believe can end up in the top 5 under the right circumstances. Everybody after those top 5 guys has question marks.

Edit: Also high on Cutler this year.

You would really stake this years fantasy success with freeman as your "value" qb? No thanks. You already lost.

Would be nice if you could provide a little data to back up this type of generic reply. :thumbsup:

The fact is, in 2010 Freeman was the #9 scoring QB (standard scoring). Furthermore, he was only a total of 2 FF points behind the #7 and 8 scoring QB's (Eli and Ryan).

In 2011 he was drafted as the #12 QB off the board, and slightly regressed to the #14 scoring at years end.

There's no reason not to believe that the addition of VJax and a rookie RB with great hands could help elevate him back into the lower tier 1 level. I don't think he's going to finish the year a top 5 QB, but he could prove to be a great pick for someone who drafts two of the mid round RB's (Cutler/Freeman, Roeth/Freeman, Schaub/Freeman, etc.). One thing is forsure... with an 11th round tag, he has a lot more upside than the other QB's at that spot (Luck, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Flynn, etc.).

Would be nice if you could provide a little data to back up this type of generic reply. :thumbsup:

The fact is, in 2010 Freeman was the #9 scoring QB (standard scoring). Furthermore, he was only a total of 2 FF points behind the #7 and 8 scoring QB's (Eli and Ryan).

In 2011 he was drafted as the #12 QB off the board, and slightly regressed to the #14 scoring at years end.

There's no reason not to believe that the addition of VJax and a rookie RB with great hands could help elevate him back into the lower tier 1 level. I don't think he's going to finish the year a top 5 QB, but he could prove to be a great pick for someone who drafts two of the mid round RB's (Cutler/Freeman, Roeth/Freeman, Schaub/Freeman, etc.). One thing is forsure... with an 11th round tag, he has a lot more upside than the other QB's at that spot (Luck, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Flynn, etc.).

I think last year spoke for itself. Especially for the sleeper status that was put on him. VJax didn't make Rivers great. Infact Rivers had a much more inefficient year last year when Vjax played every game.

Rivers 2010:

4710 pass yrd

30 pass td

13 int

101.8 rating

Rivers 2011 (VJax all season):

4626 pass yrd

27 pass td

20 int

88.7 rating

Plus the most catches Vjax ever had were 68, in a 7 year career. Doesn't really seem like a player who is going to have a huge impact on a qb that struggled mightily the following year. Looking at Sched this year he doesn't have a very tough one so high qb2 is very attainable. When you talk about the most common players on teams that won championships, the 10th best qb wasn't on that list very often. Sure it is definitely possible to win with Freeman as your qb. It is just very unlikely.

I'll drink during my draft but would never spark one until afterwards.

That made me lol.

CJ is going @ 5 - 8 pick in the first round. No one is sleeping on him. Vick lasts till the 4th or 5th round. Value to be sure, but I don't rank him that much higher than Romo/Ryan/Rivers - and they can be had in the 7th.

I don't have a problem drafting both CJ & Vick this season. CJ in 1.6-1.9 range & Vick in the 4.4-4.6 range are the earliest I'll select them. Probably won't have them on the same team but it's always a possibility.

I like both guys situation/motivation to improve on a lackluster 2011 campaign but I won't reach for either player.