Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

CAn you think of any circumstance where you would kill yourself?

Wow. Not being able to afford a suicide attempt would make me want to as well.

:lol:

Someone had better put Sux on suicide watch.

If I was forced to live in Philadelphia. WTF is the matter with you people? I work for a worldwide company and we have special rules for dealing with Philadelphia, just because the people there are such asshats.

Hahaha

I was contemplating suicide as a teenager but never attempted it. Not to make a pity party out of it but my seldom-employed deadbeat dad has psychological problems and took his troubles out on me. Being poor and thus always scrimping and never going anywhere or having anything new or nice didn't help either.

Today, no. Not unless one of my kids were in danger, I wouldn't hesitate to risk life and limb to save my kids.

Honest response: Only if I had a terminal disease that was causing a lot of pain, and I didn't have much time left anyway. I can't. Not as long as anybody in my family is alive, it would not be fair to them to have to go through that again. I flat out do not accept it as a solution. Even if there's a life insurance policy that pays out so your wife and kids will be taken care of for life ... it's not worth it. Every kid that has gone through that would give every dime of it away to have their Daddy back. I do not, will not, can not accept it as a solution. I think it's selfish, to the rest of your family. It's cutting in line, at the very least.

That being said, I think just about everyone has thought about it at one time. If you are seriously considering it, I would tell you that it's not worth it. Show some gumption, and deal with the hardships of life. You wanna hear some messed up stories? I got lots of messed up stories. Be a man and deal with it. It's called a mid-life crisis and we all go through it. Go buy a convertible and get hair plugs like everyone else.

Can't afford hairplugs and a convertible? I found a restorable 65 Mercury Park Lane for $900 and I wear a hat. I didn't plan for things to end up the way they have, but given what I lived through in the first 40 years of my life ... I am thankful I'm not in a loony bin.

There's a black comedian that has a pretty funny joke about how white people commit suicide if they are poor. Black people don't understand that. Their ancestors survived being owned.

I would argue than poor people have more fun in their lives, than people that are middle class.

Of course born rich is the best, but it actually kinda sucks if it's held in front of you like a dangling carrot all your life.

I wasn't considering suicide, but there was one point where I was begging to the skies for someone to put me out of my misery. The guy that did my taxes improperly annotated multiple stock sells on 3 consecutive years of tax returns. Even though I didn't owe a penny, the IRS thought I under reported by close to 100k. Next thing you know, without warning, I get a paycheck for $0.00. And that sh1t lasted for 6 months, until I could get multiple amendments done, submitted and for them to get though the system. If I was single, no problem. But I had a wife and 2 kids, one of which was in daycare during the summer. Took out 2 401k loans, borrowed money from a friend, sold a Harley, you name it, just to try and get by. I ended up getting most of the money back, but by then I had lost a Harley, a rental was in foreclosure, my credit was absolutely destroyed and my family life was more than stressed.

Then 2 weeks after getting my first paycheck, I flip my wife's 2 year old F150 into a corn field. And guess what..due to all the money struggles, we had dropped all of the insurance coverage down to liability only. Nothing like making a year's worth of payments on a destroyed F150 that's sitting in a storage lot.

if the wife and kids (god forbid) went first I am sure I'd drink myself to death.

Sometimes I have to work in some places with high terrorist activity.

I always said if I was kidnapped by some Islamic terrorist organization I'd try and kill myself as quick as possible rather than have a video of my head being cut off broadcast all over the internet.

What's wrong man? :(

I thought it was normal. I probably think about it a couple of times a day but mostly when I'm going to sleep. Is this not a normal thing?

I thought it was normal. I probably think about it a couple of times a day but mostly when I'm going to sleep. Is this not a normal thing?

No definitely not. I get a little depressed sometimes myself, but never to that extent. Of course I don't have overwhelming health problems or money problems--I know stuff like that can really add on if that's something you're going through. In all sincerity I think you should talk to someone about it. :thumbsup:

no - with a 6, 5 and 2 yr old my life means more to them than any personal pain or suffering to leave them to deal with such a mess. And on the flip side, with as much crap as I expect them to put me through through adolesence, puberty and teen angst, even if I was reduced to a drooling vegetable, those fockers have to deal with it when that time comes

:headbanger:

yes. almost every day. It started to happened when I lost my first toof. From there on it all went downhill. :(

:unsure:

I met a guy I'll call Bruce. His mom was as piece of work (36D). We were in high school and he was a ladies man. Always! His mom used to buy us beer and Jaeger when it first came out. They were stinking fawking rich. His dad sold a string of gas stations and built the biggest house in the neighborhood where we lived. Bruce was the youngest of five. And his mom used to tell him how much she loved him. She loved him so much that when his dad died, they would have sex every day. Before school. After school. Before proms. She destroyed his life. He diddn't tell me untill we went to college. One day he opened up and told me and this other chick what his mom had did. To him it was normal. When we were in shock, he flipped out. Was the last time i ever gave any emotion to someone elses problems from the past. If you were to tell me that you were gang raped by Grape Ape, I'd know what to say. "Eat Count Chocola and punch him in the scroyum!!!!"

He's a group counselor now and works with the DA's office. He's got a degree in CJ and specializes in the fawked up. He helped find a serial killer we had here a few years back.

He spent half of his life deciding on the day he was to off himself. He spends the rest of his days helping others who don't know any better and want to do the same. If anyone had a reason, it's Bruce. There is no reason to kill onesself...............ever.

The first one yesterday really focked my commute up :mad:

Ya gotta think they were all suicide, right? :unsure:

Transit Police are investigating a pair of fatalities after two men were struck and killed by trains within hours of each other, adding to a recent rash of deaths on local tracks.

A 27-year-old Norwood man was pronounced dead around 12:32 a.m. after he was hit by an outbound MBTA commuter train in Norwood, MBTA spokesman Joe Pesaturo said in an e-mail. The man, who was trespassing on the tracks but was not identified, was struck between Norwood Central Station and Windsor Gardens Station, on the Franklin Line/Forge Park line, Pesaturo said.

Authorities are still investigating, he said.

That came roughly eight hours after an Amtrak train traveling on the Providence/Stoughton line hit a Foxboro man trespassing on the tracks in Sharon yesterday, MBTA and transit officials said.

Pesaturo identified him as 32-year-old Nicholas Bertozzi.

Amtrak said there were no injuries to the trains 192 passengers or crew after the 4:45 p.m. accident, which was about 10 miles west of the Route 128 station.

Service was restricted to one track through Sharon while police investigated and buses were sent to the Mansfield and Sharon stations to pick up passengers, according to Transit Police. Service was restored about two hours later.

The deaths were the second and third on local tracks in the last two days. A Lynn man was struck and killed by an inbound commuter train in Salem on Sunday. Kyle Ramsey, 28, was hit around 7:45 a.m., by a train heading to Boston from Rockport.

For the obvious inherent dangers, trespassing on an active railroad is prohibited, and against the law, Pesaturo said.

Boston geeks are dropping like flies. Most be a delayed reaction to the second Giants asswhooping the Pats took. :banana:

I met a guy I'll call Bruce. His mom was as piece of work (36D). We were in high school and he was a ladies man. Always! His mom used to buy us beer and Jaeger when it first came out. They were stinking fawking rich. His dad sold a string of gas stations and built the biggest house in the neighborhood where we lived. Bruce was the youngest of five. And his mom used to tell him how much she loved him. She loved him so much that when his dad died, they would have sex every day. Before school. After school. Before proms. She destroyed his life. He diddn't tell me untill we went to college. One day he opened up and told me and this other chick what his mom had did. To him it was normal. When we were in shock, he flipped out. Was the last time i ever gave any emotion to someone elses problems from the past. If you were to tell me that you were gang raped by Grape Ape, I'd know what to say. "Eat Count Chocola and punch him in the scroyum!!!!"

He's a group counselor now and works with the DA's office. He's got a degree in CJ and specializes in the fawked up. He helped find a serial killer we had here a few years back.

He spent half of his life deciding on the day he was to off himself. He spends the rest of his days helping others who don't know any better and want to do the same. If anyone had a reason, it's Bruce. There is no reason to kill onesself...............ever.

:blink: A good friend would have bought him a bottle of whiskey and handed him a gun.

edit: I mean, wow. Glad he pulled it together?

The first one yesterday really focked my commute up :mad:

Ya gotta think they were all suicide, right? :unsure:

Boston geeks are dropping like flies. Most be a delayed reaction to the second Giants asswhooping the Pats took. :banana:

Or another high-priced failure of a Red Sox team. :dunno:

Some dude tried to kill himself in my parking lot at work today. Sped by my window about 80, hopped a curb, split a pine tree in half, went through a fence and hit a city truck parked in front of a transformer. Somehow, he walked away.

I tried to so I guess yeah I can. 2009 - I lost my mother , brother , wife said she wanted a divorce and lost my job I had been building for 12 years. Dad had my seeing 2 different skrinks so I had a ton of meds - I took 200 mg of clonazepam (sp?) washed it down with a entire bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue. Woke up about 36 hours later - still hazy for days after but all I could think of was my kids and how selfish I was doing that. I figured if I survived that it was for a reason so In the 3 years past I rebuilt my life - my career is back on track and I could be getting engaged soon. So yeah I could think of a circumstance where you would want to kill yourself - but I'm not saying I condone it.

I tried to so I guess yeah I can. 2009 - I lost my mother , brother , wife said she wanted a divorce and lost my job I had been building for 12 years. Dad had my seeing 2 different skrinks so I had a ton of meds - I took 200 mg of clonazepam (sp?) washed it down with a entire bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue. Woke up about 36 hours later - still hazy for days after but all I could think of was my kids and how selfish I was doing that. I figured if I survived that it was for a reason so In the 3 years past I rebuilt my life - my career is back on track and I could be getting engaged soon. So yeah I could think of a circumstance where you would want to kill yourself - but I'm not saying I condone it.

At least you were trying to go out in style. :unsure: Glad you failed though.

Also, I may just kill myself after reading some of the stories in this thread. Thanks for the pick-me-up guys. <_<

At least you were trying to go out in style. :unsure: Glad you failed though.

Also, I may just kill myself after reading some of the stories in this thread. Thanks for the pick-me-up guys. <_<

I am so going to bang your sister after the wake. :banana:

I am so going to bang your sister after the wake. :banana:

I gots her during. :banana: