Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Wanted.....hollywood agent

Must be able to recognize market forces and be willing to negotiate for the client a pay package that properly represents the actress as well as the conditions in which the actress exists.

Any association with Mark Wahlbergs agent strongly recommend.

Please contact Michelle Williams.

Jesus.

P.S. must possess the fortitude to tell the actress to not agree to do work for free just cause she "believes in the product."

• Like 1

Must be able to recognize market forces and be willing to negotiate for the client a pay package that properly represents the actress as well as the conditions in which the actress exists.

Any association with Mark Wahlbergs agent strongly recommend.

Please contact Michelle Williams.

Jesus.

P.S. must possess the fortitude to tell the actress to not agree to do work for free just cause she "believes in the product."

Yeah, at first I was caught by the salacious headlines. But the more I thought about it the more I realized the fault lies with Michelle Williams and her agent, not with Wahlberg.

Give credit to Wahlberg - he has the stones to market himself and fight for what he wants. Work for free? So the producers and directors can make millions and possible Oscar glory and more millions you can ask because you have an Oscar? GTFO!

The biggest cause of this controversy was Ridley Scott proudly proclaiming everyone did the reshoots for free. He really did Wahlberg a disservice there....That aside, assuming whats been reported is accurate...

I admire Williams for wanting Spacey out of the film badly enough to be willing to work for free. Its a principled stance and an example of putting your money where your mouth is. And Ive got no problem with Wahlberg for getting as much money as he can. Its a business and he is handling it correctly in that respect.

Where either loses me is if any of the folllowing happen (or have happened and Ive missed it). Im fine with Williams thinking less of Wahlberg for not supporting the cause, but she cant now claim she deserved money for the reshoots.........Im fine with Wahlberg getting paid, but he cant now in good faith ever claim he cares at all about the whole sexual misconduct issue.

• Like 1

The biggest cause of this controversy was Ridley Scott proudly proclaiming everyone did the reshoots for free. He really did Wahlberg a disservice there....That aside, assuming whats been reported is accurate...

I admire Williams for wanting Spacey out of the film badly enough to be willing to work for free. Its a principled stance and an example of putting your money where your mouth is. And Ive got no problem with Wahlberg for getting as much money as he can. Its a business and he is handling it correctly in that respect.

Where either loses me is if any of the folllowing happen (or have happened and Ive missed it). Im fine with Williams thinking less of Wahlberg for not supporting the cause, but she cant now claim she deserved money for the reshoots.........Im fine with Wahlberg getting paid, but he cant now in good faith ever claim he cares at all about the whole sexual misconduct issue.

Bullcrap..multiple times.

First I don't know if Williams has said anything. I've seen no quote from her.

Secondly just cause he demanded money does in no way reflect his opinion on spaceys actions. And linking the two is irresponsible

For what its worth, I have always liked Wahlberg, but Ive always admired Michelle Williams. It was the whole Heath Ledger thing.

Im about to sound like a chick, but I did a lot of reading about their story over the years. I admire that she kicked him out until he cleaned up, but the obvious subtext was theyd be together forever the minute he got clean.

And the cliche would be for a young actress to use her more famous partners death as a spring board to fame and wealth. And frankly, if anyone has the right to do so she would qualify. She didnt go that route at all, as I believe it was a couple years before she even really talked about it. And to this day if you read any of her very few interviews in which she talks about it, she comes off as someone that has had to accept that the world will never be magical for her again, but she has developed so much strength and resolve that she will do everything humanly possible to ensure the world is still a magical place for their daughter.

In short, its an example of how I hope Id handle a tragedy in my life. I have as much faith in her character and strength as I ever could in a celebrity that I dont actually know.

May not be relevant to the issue at hand, except to say she gets benefit of the doubt with me.

Secondly just cause he demanded money does in no way reflect his opinion on spaceys actions. And linking the two is irresponsible

Re-read what I wrote. I never said Wahlberg condones Spaceys actions. I wont put that on him. But if they hadnt paid him $1.5M, the movie is released with Spacey or its not released at all.

In short, Wahlberg said its not his problem. And thats fine. He just cant later try and claim he cares about the problem and be found believable by me.

But none of this means I think he is in any way ok with Spaceys actions.

Great Post! :doublethumbsup:

For what its worth, I have always liked Wahlberg, but Ive always admired Michelle Williams. It was the whole Heath Ledger thing.

Im about to sound like a chick, but I did a lot of reading about their story over the years. I admire that she kicked him out until he cleaned up, but the obvious subtext was theyd be together forever the minute he got clean.

And the cliche would be for a young actress to use her more famous partners death as a spring board to fame and wealth. And frankly, if anyone has the right to do so she would qualify. She didnt go that route at all, as I believe it was a couple years before she even really talked about it. And to this day if you read any of her very few interviews in which she talks about it, she comes off as someone that has had to accept that the world will never be magical for her again, but she has developed so much strength and resolve that she will do everything humanly possible to ensure the world is still a magical place for their daughter.

In short, its an example of how I hope Id handle a tragedy in my life. I have as much faith in her character and strength as I ever could in a celebrity that I dont actually know.

May not be relevant to the issue at hand, except to say she gets benefit of the doubt with me.

Oh, jesus. How do you go from a great post to this? :shocking:

Oh, jesus. How do you go from a great post to this? :shocking:

Im a big fan of stories that seemingly reveal someones character. Seeing someone handle tragic circumstances in a graceful and dignified manner tends to impress me.

But note, I gave the precursor that I was about to sound like a chick. Also note, the chickish post isnt meant to contradict with Vinnie Chase in any way.

I dont see this as a Whalberg vs Williams issue although I know the narrative will be billed that way by some. Its 2 independent entities doing their own thing for their own reasons.

I heard it was in her contract, to be obligated to do reshoots, but not his?

In any event, if the masses really want to take a stand - don't go see the movie. :dunno:

I heard it was in her contract, to be obligated to do reshoots, but not his?

In any event, if the masses really want to take a stand - don't go see the movie. :dunno:

Dont go see the movie because they kicked Spacey out?

Or dont go see the movie because Wahlberg got paid?

Either stance seems strange.

Strongly agree with your second paragraph.

In short, Wahlberg said its not his problem. And thats fine. He just cant later try and claim he cares about the problem and be found believable by me.

So basically you're saying, sure it's the hostess fault for inviting the pedophile clown to the child's birthday party, but if the caterer doesn't come back and give us free fajitas for the do-over on the party he's clearly a pedophile lover.

Gotcha

This is what I love about these clown groups. In Hollywood is the worst. When they start attacking each other as to who is the goodlier one.

Know who's not listed in this? Spacey.

So basically you're saying, sure it's the hostess fault for inviting the pedophile clown to the child's birthday party, but if the caterer doesn't come back and give us free fajitas for the do-over on the party he's clearly a pedophile lover.

Gotcha

So basically you cant read.

Over the last few days my reshoot fee for 'All the Money in the World' has become an important topic of conversation," Wahlberg said in a statement. "I 100% support the fight for fair pay and I'm donating the $1.5M to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund in Michelle Williams' name

From a business standpoint, he probably has more to gain than $1.5M in PR.

That said, PR factor or not, all the props in the world to him. Its a big props move.

I just heard people are complaining cause he made more than her filming the movie and this is all about the gender pay gap lol

Mark Wahlberg top 5 Actor in Hollywood who is a cool dude

Michelle Williams WHO???

People go to see movies because Wahlberg is in it, its the only reason I would see this movie.

I have never heard anyone say wow I gotta see that Michelle Williams flick