Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

Many people believe HD over the air is even better than cable because the signal doesn't get compressed like the cable companies have to do

Many people believe HD over the air is even better than cable because the signal doesn't get compressed like the cable companies have to do

I really think it is better. It's stunning

Sports Business Daily reported Monday that the overnight ratings for Sunday Night Football between the Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears drew 18.62 million viewers and scored a 12.9 in the Neilsen ratings, which is down from 13.7 in Week 2 and 13.9 in Week 3 a year ago. Elsewhere, the early-afternoon regional slate of games on CBS dropped by 18 percent compared to Week 3 last season while FOX’s 4:25 p.m. game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles (which saw Philly win in a surprisingly one-sided affair) dropped by 1 percent from the same time slot last season. The lone bright spot was FOX’s early-afternoon slot, which went up by about 3 percent.

• Like 1

I watched the game on an antenna last night that came in just as clear as any cable.

i am sad it took this long to figure it out

as is, out of the box.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FLJWA5W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Ed, gonna try it out after football season :thumbsup:

Sports Business Daily reported Monday that the overnight ratings for Sunday Night Football between the Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears drew 18.62 million viewers and scored a 12.9 in the Neilsen ratings, which is down from 13.7 in Week 2 and 13.9 in Week 3 a year ago.

I blame the Bears

The NFL has ruined the game, it has become nothing more than a game of pitch and catch, social statements, reviews, penalties and timeouts. I heard a new one last week, Medical TO. It will only get worse.

The NFL wants more women to be coaches, officials and scouts.

Its latest push is the league's first job fair specifically for women, planned for Orlando, Florida, just before the Super Bowl.

A 2013 study commissioned by the NFL found women make up 45% of its fan base and 33% of its TV viewers. But football jobs are held almost exclusively by men. The NFL has just one woman referee and one woman assistant coach, and no full-time scouts are women.

When you stop hiring the most qualified the product always suffers.

• Like 1

The NFL has ruined the game, it has become nothing more than a game of pitch and catch, social statements, reviews, penalties and timeouts. I heard a new one last week, Medical TO. It will only get worse.

The NFL wants more women to be coaches, officials and scouts.

Its latest push is the league's first job fair specifically for women, planned for Orlando, Florida, just before the Super Bowl.

A 2013 study commissioned by the NFL found women make up 45% of its fan base and 33% of its TV viewers. But football jobs are held almost exclusively by men. The NFL has just one woman referee and one woman assistant coach, and no full-time scouts are women.

When you stop hiring the most qualified the product always suffers.

Like everything, the LEFT has ruined the NFL, sad but true.

The NFL has cow towed to the left for sure. Wasn't the NBA good enough for them?

• Like 1

Isn't it corporate greed that's forcing 10 minutes of ads for every 1 minute of play?

And the fees to broadcast NFL, ESPN, etc are driving up cable bills everywhere.

Bottom line is that the super-wealthy NFL owners and TV execs are gouging consumers for a continually watered-down, sub-par product.

I don't even watch NFL football anymore. I play fantasy football and follow along with the updates but actually watching it is just not interesting. I have no interest in watching black players use the NFL as a platform to explain how even though they are 13% of the population they commit 52% of murders nationwide...yet they feel like they are being persecuted.

The NFL's attempt to please everyone has resulted in them pleasing no one. Which is usually the case.

Yeah...thats it.

You all are focking completely mental.

Isn't it corporate greed that's forcing 10 minutes of ads for every 1 minute of play?

Bottom line is that the super-wealthy NFL owners and TV execs are gouging consumers for a continually watered-down, sub-par product.

Been gouging them for years. Still would love to see just how much streaming and other viewing options are hurting their bottom line. I would lay money its not that less people are actually watching the product...but less are doing it through conventional means.

Yeah...thats it.

So you get to decide who it's ruined for now, and why?

I watched the game on an antenna last night that came in just as clear as any cable.

i am sad it took this long to figure it out

as is, out of the box.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FLJWA5W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was running a 2 TV setup last year in the man cave one with OTA for the pats game the other on redzone. It was awesome. But I redid the basement this year and mounted a 75" TV which is even better, but miss the 2 TV setup a little

Been gouging them for years. Still would love to see just how much streaming and other viewing options are hurting their bottom line. I would lay money its not that less people are actually watching the product...but less are doing it through conventional means.

it's possible that the "non-conventional" viewing methods are just tougher to track / trend.

but I don't think people are as invested in watching entire football games... conventionally or not... it's all stats / spread / results driven... the personal angles, stories, etc... the "stuff" that used to sell the NFL.. the "stuff" that NFL films used to create stories / legends / rivalries /etc is slipping away.

1. because it's unwatchable now due to adds and play stoppage

2. because they've essentially turned the NFL into KENO where people are personally invested in the "number" that comes up on the screen

Yeah...thats it.

I don't have the time or energy to list the evidence right now, sorry you're clueless.

No one is forcing you to do anything! You are the consumer, if you don't like it don't watch. If the public doesn't watch the NFL it goes away. Don't blame the corporations blame yourself.

It's going to nice when revenues go down, and the salary cap either doesn't go up or decreases. That's less money for the players. Thanks Colin!

I don't have the time or energy to list the evidence right now, sorry you're clueless.

If it comes from you...Im quite certain the evidence that its because of the left wing will be pretty much BS. So save us both the time of your usual crap.

HTH

The growing number of anti-American protests during pro football is now hitting the broadcast networks in the wallet as advertisers demand refunds on their advertising costs because of falling ratings.

The negative effect on the NFL of the anti-American national anthem protests started by San Francisco 49ers second-string quarterback Colin Kaepernick is coming more sharply into focus each week. Firstly, ratings have been tumbling week over week and now another metric to measure the effect has appeared as TV networks have now been forced to begin giving money back to advertisers because not as many people are watching football to be exposed to their TV commercials.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/10/07/anti-american-anthem-protests-now-costing-networksnfl-millions-lost-ad-revenue/

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Alex Huxley

You posted an opinion piece...from a slanted site. Not facts.

It's the ignorant fake outrage Kapernick effect, but you guys can go on pretending it's not just like dummy Colin thinks he has a legit gripe.

It's the ignorant fake outrage ###### Kapernick effect, but you guys can go on pretending it's not just like dummy Colin thinks he has a legit gripe.

Im sure there is some fake otrage from idiots not watching g because a backup qb kneels exercising his freedom of speech (which is unamerican to some).

But i would bet that effect is pretty minimal on the actual ratings.

Gives those nutty righty sites something to write about and phurfur something to copy and paste.

Im sure there is some fake otrage from idiots not watching g because a backup qb kneels exercising his freedom of speech (which is unamerican to some).

But i would bet that effect is pretty minimal on the actual ratings.

Gives those nutty righty sites something to write about and phurfur something to copy and paste.

Yeah, I'm thinking the fact that it is a sh!tty watered down product has more to do with the ratings dip than these stupid protests.

Yeah, I'm thinking the fact that it is a sh!tty watered down product has more to do with the ratings dip than these stupid protests.

That and streaming options not captured in traditional ratings.

There is a lot of denial from the lefties and the media. All the reasons listed for declining viewers have been around for years except for one, sitting for the National Anthem. Colin Cowherd goes as far as blaming Trump, check it out. http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20161005/5688861/NFL-ratings-have-declined-but-it-not.htm

Why is a ratings drop important? Bread and Circuses my friends.

The NFL is used to crushing the TV ratings game. But this year, it's in a serious slump. Four weeks into the regular season, the league's ratings are down 11% across FOX, CBS, NBC and ESPN. And everyone in the industry is starting to take notice.

I watch the nfl because I like to watch the nfl.

I do not think declining viewership is that big of deal. Viewership peaked because secretaries were running fantasy football teams, my sister and mom at one point were each running multiple fantasy football teams. Of course the nfl was going to lose these people eventually. There is nothing they could have done to keep the attention of women who only cared about the nfl because fantasy football was the popular thing to do.

Hopefully this decline in viewership brings about the one change that everyone can agree on. Roger Goodell needs to be fired.

I think losing the leagues two most popular QBs had to have an impact. Now Brady's back but still, so many rookie QBs havent yet generated a following.

Also, pigs get fat, hogs butchered.