Sign in to follow this  
CajunBadger

Waivers - trying to get set for upcoming playoffs...

14 Team Non-PPR league, start QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, DEF, 1pt/20 passing yds, 1pt/10 yds rushing/receiving, 6pts ALL td's, 1pt/25yds Special teams
QB: Brady, Wentz
RB: D. Freeman, Gurley, D. Martin, McKissick
WR: Jeffery, Marvin Jones, Gordon, Kupp, Hogan
TE: V. Davis DEF: CAR, NE K: Butker RES:

In the playoffs weeks 15-17... Looking at waivers and wondering if any opinions on my planned strategy:

Drop McKissic for Davis (should've done this before last Sunday, *sigh*) or Barber in that order...

Then aim for a "better" TE, dropping McKissic (or Hogan if by chance I do get Davis or Barber) for Anderson, Njoku, Burton, J. Thomas in that order...

I'd like to keep Hogan just in case, but figure he's expendable not knowing when he'll be back. Also Martin may not be the starter when healthy, but figure best to hold him in case...

Make sense or modify anything? I could also try for K. Williams, but would think he'd be at the end of my waiver pickups...

Thanks for reading all and providing any thoughts!!

WOW! Is this a no trade league? If it is I understand your dependence on the WW. But if you COULD HAVE traded why didn't you move Brady or Wentz? One of them could have brought you a #1RB and a #2WR or vise versa. Then if the QB you kept got injured your lineup would still have given you a chance with a WW QB.

• Davis or Barber would be better than Seattle refusing to involve McKissic. Also Williams a distant 3rd
  • I don't trust any of those TEs but if I had to, Anderson or Thomas
  • Find a way to keep Hogan, when healthy he is your most consistent WR. (maybe dump CAR?)

GOOD LUCK

Thanks... Well, with a 14 team league and larger rosters have to sometimes scrap for points with lesser players! And yes, is a tough league to trade in and deadline passed. Plus with 6 pt td's and dregs on waivers, I felt better keeping both.

TE has been tough...thought Davis was solid, but last two weeks he's been mostly a blocker (and not catching what's coming his way?). I need someone that'll at least put a few points on the board! Reed is available, maybe he'll be back in time...but may have to monitor that with a tight roster.

CAR may be droppable, wondering if NE is solid enough for the playoffs (mostly week 15 @PIT - weeks 16 vs BUF and 17 vs NYJ looks good)... or keep CAR for week 15 vs GB if Rodgers isn't back.

And hoping by week 15 can see if Gordon can be depended on...but agree, Hogan is a keeper when playing. Just not even practicing or word on a timetable...

Update - no issue about keeping/dropping Hogan. Finally he's back at practice w/the potential of playing this week (would think doubtful, but one never knows!).

Also Martin was at practice, apparently trying to pass concussion protocol and play this week.

Now, logic would say Barber should still get more carries given his production (and noticed he was getting more carries even before Martin was injured). Figure likely waiver order should be Davis, Barber, S. Anderson in place of McKissic. Only issue is if I were to get Davis/Barber, would still need to drop someone for a TE unless I give Davis one last shot. Kind of hate to drop CAR, but guess could & try to get BUF vs MIA or DEN @IND for week 15 if necessary...