Sign in to follow this  
My Negro!

Kaepernick: Is he ever going to get another gig?

Think SF will bring back my home boy with Jimmy going down?

Nope. And if I were Kaep I wouldn't go back anyway. Bigger fish to fry, making a good living doing it. Why bother with all the bitter people, fans and players and owners, he'd have to put up with? All the people complaining about silent protests have been saying 'do it on your own time!'. And while I don't listen to those people much, the NFL has already been used to draw the attention that a movement needs. Particularly thanks to Trump. I see no reason for Kaep to want to go back. And I don't think SF owners, or any owners, have the guts.

I fully expect him to accuse Kavanaugh of molesting him in high school...

• Like 2

I fully expect him to accuse Kavanaugh of molesting him in high school...

No, Kavanaugh only seems to like attacking people who can't defend themselves. Kaep would have handed him his a$$.

Kaepernick will never be offered another job. He was not a great qb when he was playing full time. His only good season came before the NFL changed the rule on the read option. Once that was done he was not even close to the same qb. That read option WAS his game. It can NOT be understated how much this effect had on his game. It forced him to be a regular qb and he is not good at being that.

He's had 1 good year in his career.

He flat out sux. Add to that his of field potential headaches he could cause. No way in hell.

If he was good, he'd have a job.

He's not, so he won't.

Same as Tim Tebow.

• Like 1

If he was good, he'd have a job.

That's just not so simple. Regardless of your opinion on the anthem issue, it's incredibly clear that the main reason teams aren't hiring him is because of the optics, because of that issue. If he were the second-coming of Aaron Rodgers? Yeah, maybe he'd have a job. But it's really not plausible that the first thing out of an owner or GM's mouth when someone mentions Kaep for their team isn't "I'm not touching that issue". The talent evaluation comes second.

Initially I think that was true, but once Kaep decided to sue the NFL for collusion he burned all bridges

That's just not so simple. Regardless of your opinion on the anthem issue, it's incredibly clear that the main reason teams aren't hiring him is because of the optics, because of that issue. If he were the second-coming of Aaron Rodgers? Yeah, maybe he'd have a job. But it's really not plausible that the first thing out of an owner or GM's mouth when someone mentions Kaep for their team isn't "I'm not touching that issue". The talent evaluation comes second.

First off. He opted out of his contract. Then he created this publicity stunt and you think that teams should overlook this and bring him on? Give me a focking break. Whatever you think about him he made his bed and he is going to have to lay in it. He was a largely ineffective qb that made himself into a lightning rod. Any team that takes him on runs the risk of alienating their fan base. That is a REAL thing. The fact he is NOT a great qb means he is not a starter and he can't afford to be vocal. Just the way it is.

Kaepernick will never be offered another job. He was not a great qb when he was playing full time. His only good season came before the NFL changed the rule on the read option. Once that was done he was not even close to the same qb. That read option WAS his game. It can NOT be understated how much this effect had on his game. It forced him to be a regular qb and he is not good at being that.

He likely would have had RG3's job if his girlfriend wasn't a stupid beyotch.

He likely would have had RG3's job if his girlfriend wasn't a stupid beyotch.

like thaaaaatttttt was an accident

you think that teams should overlook this and bring him on? Give me a focking break.

I won't give you a focking break, because I didn't say and don't think what you just said. Give me a focking break and read more carefully.

Think SF will bring back my home boy with Jimmy going down?

That ship has sailed, for myriad reasons.

I do hope he wins his collusion case though, because doing so could potentially trigger and end to the current cba...

I hope the guy just drifts into a new life for his own well being. Somehow this whiner just can't let go. He will probably go spill coffee on himself while driving to try to get couple million that way.

If he was good at football, teams would hire him. I hope he loses his case and is required to pay defendent counsel fees for the prep and trial time caused by his frivolous lawsuit.

He opted out of his contract, he turned down an offer from the Broncos, his gf had an issue with the ravens. Oh, and he really is only talented enough to be a backup. When defenses learned how to stop the read option, his gig was up. The read option still works occasionally, but not when you're inaccurate at throwing the ball. On top of all that, GMs and owners run the risk of alienating some of their fan base. The reward isnt high enough to justify the risk.

Why would they? They aren't going anywhere with him and JG is still their future. It would be a waste of time and money. Better off developing a back up who will know their system going forward. CK is incapable of digesting a complex playbook like Shanahan has. Harbaugh dumbed it down for CK.

Seems clear to both sides, I think, that he's not coming back. The whiners will keep complaining that a guy is kneeling, the Whiner-In-Chief will keep aggravating them into more whining by tweeting about it, and the owners are afraid the whiners will stop spending money on their product, so the owners won't bring him back. And from his perspective, his point has been made. The whiners won't ever listen, so they aren't the people he's trying to reach anyway. Coming back would just lead to the whiners yelling at him, booing, calling for his benching, some of them probably doing things like spitting on him at this point. There's no point he's trying to make about ability, so there's nothing for him to gain by putting up with all the whiners. He was trying to raise awareness about a problem, and the fact that everyone keeps talking about it--in praise or in whining or in legitimate complaint--only makes his efforts continually successful. Job done, no reason to come back.

No one's gonna ask, and I highly doubt he'd accept if they did.

Seems clear to both sides, I think, that he's not coming back. The whiners will keep complaining that a guy is kneeling, the Whiner-In-Chief will keep aggravating them into more whining by tweeting about it, and the owners are afraid the whiners will stop spending money on their product, so the owners won't bring him back. And from his perspective, his point has been made. The whiners won't ever listen, so they aren't the people he's trying to reach anyway. Coming back would just lead to the whiners yelling at him, booing, calling for his benching, some of them probably doing things like spitting on him at this point. There's no point he's trying to make about ability, so there's nothing for him to gain by putting up with all the whiners. He was trying to raise awareness about a problem, and the fact that everyone keeps talking about it--in praise or in whining or in legitimate complaint--only makes his efforts continually successful. Job done, no reason to come back.

Nobody talk about the supposed problem, they talk about Kaepernick. Was his objective to find a solution to the supposed problem? Or was it to gain attention?

If it was to fix the problem, he's failed miserably. If it's to gain attention, well, he's been very successful.

Are these so called whiners, whining, or simply reacting to the whiner who started the entire ordeal?

Food for thought...

The signing of Josh Gordon within a week of being released is proof that Colin Kaepernick suggs at football.

He was trying to raise awareness about a problem, and the fact that everyone keeps talking about it--in praise or in whining or in legitimate complaint--only makes his efforts continually successful. Job done, no reason to come back.

Job done? He accomplished the opposite of what he wanted. He tried to put down police for killing some black criminals, but those who looked into it see that more police are killed yearly by black criminals than police killing unarmed black males.

It has opened up my eyes for sure after I did the research. Thanks krappernick for bringing up the topic for smart people who don't listen to idiot football players and can do their own look in on these types of things with smarts rather than whatever it is you do in life.

It is perfect that this ass is out of the NFL. It's a symbol of not bowing down to someone who is part of the mindless social sheep.

Job done? He accomplished the opposite of what he wanted. He tried to put down police for killing some black criminals, but those who looked into it see that more police are killed yearly by black criminals than police killing unarmed black males.

It has opened up my eyes for sure after I did the research. Thanks krappernick for bringing up the topic for smart people who don't listen to idiot football players and can do their own look in on these types of things with smarts rather than whatever it is you do in life.

It is perfect that this ass is out of the NFL. It's a symbol of not bowing down to someone who is part of the mindless social sheep.

Perfectly stated. Kaepernick is an idiot and isn’t a good QB at all. He should just become a social activist and go from protest to protest with the other neerdoweels that attend these things one after another. Bye. No one is going to sign such a cancerous piece of garbage that isn’t even good at football. How duh are people that support this guy? Engage brain.

Nobody talk about the supposed problem, they talk about Kaepernick. Was his objective to find a solution to the supposed problem? Or was it to gain attention?

If it was to fix the problem, he's failed miserably. If it's to gain attention, well, he's been very successful.

Are these so called whiners, whining, or simply reacting to the whiner who started the entire ordeal?

Food for thought...

He wasn't trying to 'fix the problem'. Do you really think that racial problems can be 'fixed' by one guy doing something? He was trying to call attention to it, as one small drop in the ocean of trying to fix the problem. He was under no illusion that his protest would magically make the problem stop. That's absurd.

But let's take a look at who's 'whining'.

• On the one side he have Kaepernick. His complaint is "People are being killed".
  • On the other side we have people whose complaint is "Someone else is complaining about something".

Which one of those should be called 'whining'?

Fred: I'm upset.

George: Oh yeah, why?

Fred: People are being killed.

George: Man, stop whining.

Bert: I'm upset.

Ernie: Oh yeah, why?

Bert: Because someone else is complaining about something.

Ernie: Man, stop whining.

Think about it--what sort of person would say "stop whining" to someone who's complaint is "people are being killed"? You may disagree that there is a problem. You may not think that a problematic number of unarmed and/or non-threatening young black men are being killed. You may not think that it's a problem that a Chicago cop is on video shooting a kid 16 times over the course of 14 seconds when the kid was walking away from him. You may not think it's a problem that Philando Castile, unarmed, is shot dead in his car at a traffic stop. But even if you disagree, is it accurate to portray someone's concern over people being killed as 'whining'?

Are you really gonna be the guy who says 'stop whining' when someone says "I'm upset that people are literally being killed"? If that is just 'whining', then what would possibly count as a legitimate reason to complain?

But now look at the other side. Someone is protesting, silently and peacefully. You're up in the stands. Their protest is only affecting you because you are choosing to have it affect you. Their protest is only upsetting you because you have chosen, of your own free will, to interpret his action as 'anti-soldier' or 'anti-all-cops' (like Seafoam is saying above, intentionally mis-characterizing Kaepernick's position as 'hating cops'). You (hypoethetical 'you' here) are upset because you have, at this stage in the game, either ignored or never bothered to look at his stated reasons for choosing this particular method of demonstration (clue: it's not about soldiers at all, and kneeling was chosen as a sign of respect). If you are upset, then you are upset because you have chosen to be upset about the fact that someone else is upset and is showing it.

So what is 'whining'? Complaining about people being killed, or complaining about someone complaining about people being killed?

You don't have to agree that what he's upset about is a problem. But calling it 'whining' is simply inaccurate.

Edit: Here's another pictures of some guys doing what you're calling 'whining': https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/olympic-games-mexico-city-mexico-mens-200-metres-final-usa-gold-picture-id79025649

These days, there's a statue of them doing this at San Jose State University. I know some people in this country today who would still call using the olympics to protest the lynchings of black men, the denial of voting rights, etc etc as 'whining'. I guess that's up to you to decide. Should people being killed take a back seat to 'making football watching less fun'? Does that make protesting people being killed 'whining'?

Cops are being put in perilous situations and are being killed. Kaepernick is ignoring that side of the story. Hence, no teams want him. Also, he is not talented at playing QB.

Easy peasy.

So my answer to this question is, no, he will not get another chance. If he does, it will come as a publicity stunt from some team wanting to make some weird statement and get more viewers and make more money.

You telling me my man is not better than Hoyer? Plus he already said he will stand if given another shot.

He wasn't trying to 'fix the problem'. Do you really think that racial problems can be 'fixed' by one guy doing something? He was trying to call attention to it, as one small drop in the ocean of trying to fix the problem. He was under no illusion that his protest would magically make the problem stop. That's absurd.

But let's take a look at who's 'whining'.

• On the one side he have Kaepernick. His complaint is "People are being killed".
  • On the other side we have people whose complaint is "Someone else is complaining about something".

Which one of those should be called 'whining'?

Fred: I'm upset.

George: Oh yeah, why?

Fred: People are being killed.

George: Man, stop whining.

Bert: I'm upset.

Ernie: Oh yeah, why?

Bert: Because someone else is complaining about something.

Ernie: Man, stop whining.

Think about it--what sort of person would say "stop whining" to someone who's complaint is "people are being killed"? You may disagree that there is a problem. You may not think that a problematic number of unarmed and/or non-threatening young black men are being killed. You may not think that it's a problem that a Chicago cop is on video shooting a kid 16 times over the course of 14 seconds when the kid was walking away from him. You may not think it's a problem that Philando Castile, unarmed, is shot dead in his car at a traffic stop. But even if you disagree, is it accurate to portray someone's concern over people being killed as 'whining'?

Are you really gonna be the guy who says 'stop whining' when someone says "I'm upset that people are literally being killed"? If that is just 'whining', then what would possibly count as a legitimate reason to complain?

But now look at the other side. Someone is protesting, silently and peacefully. You're up in the stands. Their protest is only affecting you because you are choosing to have it affect you. Their protest is only upsetting you because you have chosen, of your own free will, to interpret his action as 'anti-soldier' or 'anti-all-cops' (like Seafoam is saying above, intentionally mis-characterizing Kaepernick's position as 'hating cops'). You (hypoethetical 'you' here) are upset because you have, at this stage in the game, either ignored or never bothered to look at his stated reasons for choosing this particular method of demonstration (clue: it's not about soldiers at all, and kneeling was chosen as a sign of respect). If you are upset, then you are upset because you have chosen to be upset about the fact that someone else is upset and is showing it.

So what is 'whining'? Complaining about people being killed, or complaining about someone complaining about people being killed?

You don't have to agree that what he's upset about is a problem. But calling it 'whining' is simply inaccurate.

Edit: Here's another pictures of some guys doing what you're calling 'whining': https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/olympic-games-mexico-city-mexico-mens-200-metres-final-usa-gold-picture-id79025649

These days, there's a statue of them doing this at San Jose State University. I know some people in this country today who would still call using the olympics to protest the lynchings of black men, the denial of voting rights, etc etc as 'whining'. I guess that's up to you to decide. Should people being killed take a back seat to 'making football watching less fun'? Does that make protesting people being killed 'whining'?

So is the protest about racial problems or people being killed?

That right there is the problem I have with the entire thing, it's a mess with no clear direction. Things like that only make things worse.

Cops are being put in perilous situations and are being killed. Kaepernick is ignoring that side of the story. Hence, no teams want him. Also, he is not talented at playing QB.

Easy peasy.

So my answer to this question is, no, he will not get another chance. If he does, it will come as a publicity stunt from some team wanting to make some weird statement and get more viewers and make more money.

Cops are by their very job put in perilous situations. That's part of the gig--and it's why all cops deserve some immediate respect. Even if some of them then go and demonstrate that they personally should not be respected. Cops 1) should recognize and accept that they are going to be at risk, and 2) should be paid a ton of money in return (which doesn't happen but I don't hear you complaining about that) and also 3) should be held to an extremely high standard regarding killing people. Simply because cops have so much power, society should not just let them shoot whoever they want. But they should also be paid a heck of a lot more in return for the risk and the accountability. As it is, we 1) don't pay them well and 2) often let them shoot people with impunity. Great system. No reason to object to that at all, maybe protest.

But cops having a dangerous job does not justify shooting innocent people. "My job is dangerous. So shooting a kid who is walking away from me in the back 16 times, over the course of 14 seconds, is justified." Bullsh!t. And all the cops I know (including relatives and long-time friends) don't buy that either. The only people who claim that shooting an unarmed kid is justified by the 'danger of the job' are the specific cops who end up doing it, and their supervisors. No one else, other cops included, buys that.

Easy.

To say "cops should not shoot unarmed and/or non-threatening people" is not to ignore that 'cops have dangerous jobs'. Those are two different issues, and no one is denying the second. You are claiming that Kaepernick is 'ignoring' that issue. The truth is that that issue is simply irrelevant to whether or not you shoot an kid in the back 16 times.

Go ahead, find me some quotes from Kaepernick that say he hates all cops. Find some quotes where he says that cops 'have it easy' or something similar. You are just flat out making things up here. You are putting words in his mouth, and then disliking him for it. And then you keep on harping about it. So many posts where you keep bringing it up, when no one else was talking about it. And then you say that it's Kaepernick who's 'whining'.

We do agree on a number of things.

1. Cops have very difficult, risky jobs.
  2. Kaepernick isn't going to play in the NFL again.
  3. I'm going to assume you agree with me that people who do risk their lives to protect the public shouldn't have to worry about making modest mortgage payments--these men and women need to be paid a lot more money than we pay them. You agree, yes?
  4. But I don't know if you agree that, because they have so much power, they should be held to the highest of standards.

It should be easier for me to get off if I shoot an unarmed person than for a cop to get off. Because the cop has so much more power in society than I do. Politicians should be held to higher standards as well, officers in the military too. And seemingly only the military seems to agree with this claim. The branches of our military hold people more accountable the higher up they go in power. While politicians and other reactionaries seem to think cops shouldn't be held accountable even to normal citizen standards. Great idea. Let's give some people tons of power, and then also make them above the law. Good recipe for a peaceful society.

So is the protest about racial problems or people being killed?

That right there is the problem I have with the entire thing, it's a mess with no clear direction. Things like that only make things worse.

Solution: why don't you go read what the protesters have said about why they are protesting? Go read what Eric Reid has written about it.

Or, you know...just keep being upset about people doing something and not try to actually figure out why they are doing it. Your call. But the people who started this whole thing (not every single person doing it, granted--Kaepernick and Reid aren't charging dues and forming a club, they can't control people) have been very clear about their reasons. Makes it funny that so many people upset with them even have to ask this question. "I'm upset at what they are doing!" Why are they doing it? "I can't be bothered to find out!"

EDIT: here, I'll help you: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/opinion/colin-kaepernick-football-protests.html Read that, and ask if 'whining' applies to his statements or motives.

Kaepernick not starting in the NFL is a joke. He is way better than at minimum 10 starting QB's in the NFL but because of inbred scum like Trump and his scummy followers he is blacklisted. Welcome to 'Murica the land of racist pedo loving inbreds.

• Like 1

I will go back and look this up, but I think stats from 2016 showed that police killed 6 unarmed black males in total. Although this is not what anyone wants, those males were either resisting arrest, on drugs and acting threatening, or thought to be going for a weapon.

Why was kaepernick not protesting the 100's of black on black murders in Chicago alone?

Again, this is not ideal, but I know tons of black people who don't put themselves in these positions. And they even tell me the same. If you think about how many cops there are out on the streets, you will realise that there are going to be questionable decisions at times as we are all humans. When it comes to split second decisions on life or death, there are going to be different opinions from those who don't have to make those decisions.

Let me ask this question: Who is instigating these questionable situations? The police?

Well either way, you will get what you want, more freedom for the criminals, because it's a fact that police are not going into possibly difficult situations like illegal drug transactions on the streets because they don't want to be judged on their actions if force is needed.

Kaepernick not starting in the NFL is a ###### joke. He is way better than at minimum 10 starting QB's in the NFL but because of inbred scum like Trump and his scummy followers he is blacklisted. Welcome to 'Murica the land of racist pedo loving inbreds.

Damn aren't you an intelligent one... Do us all a favor and live in another country then.

No because he isnt good enough to outweigh the distraction he would be. Plus I dont think he wants to play anymore, hes making plenty of money off of not playing. He profits handsomely off of BLM Id imagine.

No because he isnt good enough to outweigh the distraction he would be. Plus I dont think he wants to play anymore, hes making plenty of money off of not playing. He profits handsomely off of BLM Id imagine.

And you would "imagine" incorrectly. Most of his money comes from Nike now. And the pending results of the NFL lawsuit in the near future.

Solution: why don't you go read what the protesters have said about why they are protesting? Go read what Eric Reid has written about it.

Or, you know...just keep being upset about people doing something and not try to actually figure out why they are doing it. Your call. But the people who started this whole thing (not every single person doing it, granted--Kaepernick and Reid aren't charging dues and forming a club, they can't control people) have been very clear about their reasons. Makes it funny that so many people upset with them even have to ask this question. "I'm upset at what they are doing!" Why are they doing it? "I can't be bothered to find out!"

EDIT: here, I'll help you: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/opinion/colin-kaepernick-football-protests.html Read that, and ask if 'whining' applies to his statements or motives.

Well that's a pretty crappy protest if people have to looking to find out what it's about

A protest is to draw attention to something, it should be obvious, all it's done is draw attention to Kaepernick