Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Sony Michel has knee procedure

Per Jeff Howe on Twitter...

Sony Michel suffered a knee injury that concerned the team Wednesday, source said. He still isn’t at practice.

Further details w/more clarity: Michel’s knee injury requires a procedure that’s expected to keep him out of preseason, and perhaps even into the start of the reg season, per 2 sources. So not a major sigh of relief, but the expectation is Michel should contribute this season.

Sounds like he had some fluid drained from his knee and could be ready for the regular season. Not an ideal situation for a rookie to miss camp time, but not a death sentence to his fantasy value either.

Bummer. He'll have to prove he absorbed the playbook before he gets on the field. That'll take what? At least a couple of weeks, right? He might be stuck as low man in the rotation until someone fumbles or gets injured.

Wasn’t there some concern about him going into the draft, about him having knee issues, something like Ajayi of the Eagles?

Watching Michel in college I always thought his numbers were great but nothing really jumps out at me in terms of talent when I watch him run. Couple that with the injury uncertainty and simply being a Patriot, hes gonna be a firm DND for me in redraft.

and... how about in dynasty?

Watching Michel in college I always thought his numbers were great but nothing really jumps out at me in terms of talent when I watch him run. Couple that with the injury uncertainty and simply being a Patriot, hes gonna be a firm DND for me in redraft.

and... how about in dynasty?

I wont reach. In rookie only I have

Barkley

Guice

Penny

Jones

Freeman

Michel

In that order, for now.

• Like 1

This guy is gonna be one of those guys that comes on the final 8 games and gets some buzz going into next years draft.

• Like 1

This guy is gonna be one of those guys that comes on the final 8 games and gets some buzz going into next years draft.

Back in July I wanted no part of Michel despite his awesome season at Georgia. Joining the muddled Patriots backfield, ADP way too high, Burkhead a much better value pick, fumbling in camp, etc. Now, I'm considering him as viable pickup if his price drops low enough or if an impatient owner drops him early on.

Back in July I wanted no part of Michel despite his awesome season at Georgia. Joining the muddled Patriots backfield, ADP way too high, Burkhead a much better value pick, fumbling in camp, etc. Now, I'm considering him as viable pickup if his price drops low enough or if an impatient owner drops him early on.

I would agree with your post.

If I can get him cheap I’m buying for that late season push.

weepaws - where do you value him in dynasty/rookie only?

I would agree with your post.

If I can get him cheap I’m buying for that late season push.

weepaws - where do you value him in dynasty/rookie only?

I truly would be doing you injustice even trying.

Ive not involved in any league thats either a dynasty or a rookie only league.

Im sorry.

But I do know many on here that do those type of league and could indeed give you some really great advice.

All my rankings are redraft and non ppr.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1