Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Dominos pizza

Had a safety meeting today so thought we would give them a try. Mistake. Dominos was just awful. I'll stick with jets

I gotta be one of the few people on Earf that would rather have Dominoes or Pizza Hut instead of any local joint.

I keep thinking they will get better and they keep disappointing me.

Domino's in inedible. Pure crap. Disgusting. Nasty.

Pizza Hut is the best of the bad pizza chains.

I have the holy grail a bit up the road though. A pizza place that has a 5$ large like little Caesars only it's actually good. Like legit good, better than all the chains.

This place. https://m.yelp.com/biz/mesa-pizza-san-diego

Expected little Caesars quality and instead am blown away at how much better it is.

I gotta be one of the few people on Earf that would rather have Dominoes or Pizza Hut instead of any local joint.

Eeeeewww

Had a safety meeting today so thought we would give them a try. Mistake. Dominos was just awful. I'll stick with jets

Doesn't sound very safe.

Papa John's is the worst pizza out there, I don't get it... Dominos is not far behind.

I have the holy grail a bit up the road though. A pizza place that has a 5$ large like little Caesars only it's actually good. Like legit good, better than all the chains.

Expected little Caesars quality and instead am blown away at how much better it is.

the pictures would deter me from trying them. my favorite down there 20 years ago was luiggis at mission beach. then for chain nypd and pizza slut

the pictures would deter me from trying them. my favorite down there 20 years ago was luiggis at mission beach. then for chain nypd and pizza slut

Pizza Port in Ocean Beach/Solana. :wub:

never tried them.... didn't go to OB very often.

Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Del Mar

I was gonna do a thread on this a while ago -

I mean, not your damn safety meeting or whatnot, but:

Just thinking back the last couple of years, all these chains (esp Dom and PH) have tried just about everything;

They changed names, they remodeled their stores, new outfits, - Fock - one of them even came up with a GD

SHOE that orders 'pizza'.

- And remember when PH came up with all kinds of 'hipster-friendly' sauces and ingredients like Sriacha and stuff?

And still, they suck. And still, you know many people continue to order from them.

But I have to think that with Apps like Grub Hub and major chains like Panera, etc. seeking to add delivery as a competitive advantage, their market share (built largely upon convenience) has to be taking hits.

I mean, it's PIZZA for fock's sake. They're not preparing Blowfish.

As foods go, Pizza's not that hard - why do these guys keep focking it up with virtually unlimited funding?

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but between the factors I've listed above, new 'craft' chains coming to the market -

and the fact that some frozen pizzas actually seem to be getting better every year - I'd have to think that

these guys may be a non-factor in 5 years or so.

Truth is, for the money differential vs. taste/texture/quality, I'd rather pay a little extra for a good frozen at the store

(and stock up so it's always an option / always convenient) than ever spend money on that other garbage.

even in a mass production, fast food environment.

Papa John's is the worst pizza out there, I don't get it... Dominos is not far behind.

:thumbsup:

I've never had Jets but my buddy up in Tennessee loves them. I hate dominos and can't order from there. Give me papa johns pizza over dominos, little Cesar's, and Pizza Hut.

I made my son a home run inn pizza for dinner tonight, and it's way better than I remember Dominos being.

Pappa John's was better than the others when they first came out (IMHO).

Remember when they included the banana pepper (or 3) on the side?

But damn, their quality and consistency absolutely sucks.

Honestly, that chain seems like it could benefit from a serious Management makeover

without having to change too much in the way of ingredients or equipment.

I forget the name of the chain in Columbus (OH), but they had a Hawain Pizza

that someone kept ordering for work. I can say that I can eat that stuff if there

aren't any other good options, but these guys? They actually sprinkled slivered

almonds on the pizza. Yuck - and I like almonds.

It's 5 bucks, you expected a fancy joint?

For the actual best quality pizza there's Buona Forcheta in South Park, superb napolitano style.

Tier 1 - Papa Johns

Tier 2 - Pizza Hut, Dominos

Tier 3 - Hungry Howies, Little Ceasers'

Dominos might be slipping.

never tried them.... didn't go to OB very often.

Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Del Mar

Have you been to Florida at all? There was a place down there called Sal's royal pizza that had some of the best pizza I've ever had. Granted I haven't tried NY pizza since the last time I was there was when I was 7 but Sal's was legit good pizza

It's 5 bucks, you expected a fancy joint?

For the actual best quality pizza there's Buona Forcheta in South Park, superb napolitano style.

for $5, i would have low expectations. I was in college from 87-91. when we wanted cheap i believe the deal from PH was either 2 med or lg specialty pizzas for $10. when we wanted better, we went to luigis or nypd.

Have you been to Florida at all? There was a place down there called Sal's royal pizza that had some of the best pizza I've ever had. Granted I haven't tried NY pizza since the last time I was there was when I was 7 but Sal's was legit good pizza

last time i was in florida was 2002, and i do not believe we went for pizza. half of the trip was at key west, the other was a combo 90th birthday for my grandfather and their anniversary... so a lot of family events.

best pizzas i have had were in venice, florence, nice, NY, Chicago, and miscellaneous wood fire.

last time i was in florida was 2002, and i do not believe we went for pizza. half of the trip was at key west, the other was a combo 90th birthday for my grandfather and their anniversary... so a lot of family events.

best pizzas i have had were in venice, florence, nice, NY, Chicago, and miscellaneous wood fire.

Haven't been to Italy yet but I'm sure they've got great pizza. I had excellent pizza (top 2) from two places in San Antonio. One was Dough which was authorized by the Italian government to serve authentic napoletana pizza. Had the oven sent over from Italy that they cook it in. The other place was big Lous there. They made pizzas that had slices the size of babies.

I'm 13 miles from there in a hotel in Del Mar. We are going to a place called Eddie V's in La Jolla tonight; any good?

• Like 1

I'm 13 miles from there in a hotel in Del Mar. We are going to a place called Eddie V's in La Jolla tonight; any good?

Haven't been, let me know how it is if you do.

We had a family joint called Ponzos in Houston.

True family - like the two brothers didn't get along and stuff.

One day, a priick in the same strip mall got on one of the Owner guy's nerves -

the Owner literally dragged him outside and broke his nose. :thumbsup:

As soon as they found out I had priests in the family?

I pretty much had to BEG them to take my money.

THEY made good pizza. - Texas, huh.

I always thought dominoes was far and away the best of the chains. Which ain't saying much of course.

I was watching the draft online, and they kept advertising. I was like "damn, I'd kill for a $6 medium two topping right about now."

Tier 1 - Papa Johns

Tier 2 - Pizza Hut, Dominos

Tier 3 - Hungry Howies, Little Ceasers'

Dominos might be slipping.

I forgot about them, great call. Best pizza I've ever had. Are they like a national chain? There's one about 45 minutes from here but it's the only one I've ever seen.

Is hungry Howie's the place with flavored crust?

Yup. I just checked too, 550 joints nationwide. Funny that I've only ever seen the one I've been to a couple times (Erie, PA)

Yup. I just checked too, 550 joints nationwide. Funny that I've only ever seen the one I've been to a couple times (Erie, PA)

There a place called Villapianos out by the airport in Eire. They have live music too.

Dominos thin crust is okay, reg pizza is shite

There a place called Villapianos out by the airport in Eire. They have live music too.

Do the one-ders still play?

Do the one-ders still play?

Nah, Jimmy turned out to be a snowflake. One and done.