Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2012 NFL Draft - General Discussion - Round 1

Unbelievable move by Clowny, can't believe he pulled off a genius draft move! Maybe the biggest star anticipated pick we've had since Aikman.

PS. Philly got a great pick too.

Ingram steal of the draft thus far IMO

and lol @ Chicago, Cutler needs protection, Reiff and Marcel jones still out there and you take McClellin? :thumbsdown:

I've been going back and forth in the last 48 hours between Philly, NE, and Dallas to trade up for the FFToday contest. I will likely change it another 5-6 times before the deadline.

Of course, all 3 of them trade up.

Ingram steal of the draft thus far IMO

and lol @ Chicago, Cutler needs protection, Reiff and Marcel jones still out there and you take McClellin? :thumbsdown:

Don't understand that pick, nor Seattle's nor Tennessee's.

:lol: Cleveland

i'm not sure what you're laughing at. Weeden is better than Tannehill and IMO, will continue to be for the next 5 years. Best RB in the draft, 3rd best QB and more picks to come. For the 1st time in a long time, Cleveland is on the right track.

jeebus...is decastro still there?!?

oh yeah!!! :overhead:

jeebus...is decastro still there?!?

Wow Pitt just got a great pick at 24... and I agree about Cleveland - Weeden is going to be great I think, and Richardson - A+.

I agree about Richardson and Tannehill is awful but lol @ Weedin seriously just stop.

WEEDON VS MCCOY QB BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!

I agree about Richardson and Tannehill is awful but lol @ Weedin seriously just stop.

WEEDON VS MCCOY QB BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!

dude, my arm may be as strong as McCoy's, but i've seen Weeden in person a couple of times, the "kid" is the real deal. QB is set for the Browns for the next 6-8 years. I would rather have Weeden @ 28 yrs old than Tannehill @ 22 yrs old, anyday.

Cincy also just got a great pick. I had Zietler penciled in for the Steelers (because I never figured DeCastro would be there anywhere near the 20's).

Damn there is some major talent still there at OT. This is a ridiculously deep draft.

I guess it is only right that PIT lands Decastro since I compared him to Alan Faneca. NICE PICK

Love the Mercilus pick by HOU as well. Wade Phillips believes (as many do) you can never have too many pass rushers. Mercilus could eventually replace Antonio Smith and he's versatile enough to rotate with Barwin/Reed at OLB in the meantime. I respect a team that simply takes the best player available and that's what this pick was.

I guess it is only right that PIT lands Decastro since I compared him to Alan Faneca. NICE PICK

Love the Mercilus pick by HOU as well. Wade Phillips believes (as many do) you can never have too many pass rushers. Mercilus could eventually replace Antonio Smith and he's versatile enough to rotate with Barwin/Reed at OLB in the meantime. I respect a team that simply takes the best player available and that's what this pick was.

Houston's DST is on my draft list, high, as far as defenses go.

Looks like the validity of my mock draft pick is about to be tested.

It's a stone cold guess, but Minny takes Janoris Jenkins with this pick. Although I'd love to see them go offensive line again just to freak people out.

I'm going to guess MIN traded up for Cordy Glenn...just a educated guess. MAYBE Harrison Smith.

nice call FG.

will continue to be for the next 5 years.

Just in time to retire.

So, this is what the Browns got for Julio Jones:

Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, Brandon Weeden and a wasted pick they used to trade up to 3.

wow...really strange pick by San Fran, especially with the offseason signings.

That was definitely the biggest :shocking: pick of the draft. Chicago pick, a close second.

I'm ok with a WR, I mean who knows what Moss will do, but with the other players on the board this will be a big test for Baalke + Harbaugh. Only time will tell.

That was definitely the biggest :shocking: pick of the draft. Chicago pick, a close second.

Bruce Irvin to the Hawks??!

Bruce Irvin to the Hawks??!

Bruce irvin is the biggest surprise imo. I thought the bears were done with these head scratching picks. The second best o lineman is still there and... They pass. Stupid.

Best Day 1:

Steelers (Like the Pouncey pick, it's exactly what they need and very boring)

Eagles (Fits a big need, they didn't panic and trade up too high to take him)

Patriots (Trade up twice? And actually pick a pass rusher? I must be dreaming)

Worst Day 1:

Chiefs (Poe's lack of production make me nervous he's a workout wonder)

Seattle (even if you're not worried about his off-field issues, you could trade back and still get him)

Bears (I like the player, but ######, they need to draft O-line and they had a tackle available)

BEST DAY EVER! - Packers (Perry across from Clay. Green Bay D is elite again and Cutler/Stafford just pissed themselves.)

Best Day 1:

Steelers (Like the Pouncey pick, it's exactly what they need and very boring)

Eagles (Fits a big need, they didn't panic and trade up too high to take him)

Patriots (Trade up twice? And actually pick a pass rusher? I must be dreaming) :sleep:

Worst Day 1:

Chiefs (Poe's lack of production make me nervous he's a workout wonder)

Seattle (even if you're not worried about his off-field issues, you could trade back and still get him)

Bears (I like the player, but ######, they need to draft O-line and they had a tackle available)

Fixed

So, this is what the Browns got for Julio Jones:

Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, Brandon Weeden and a wasted pick they used to trade up to 3.

So they got a stud DT, a starting FB, a WR who caught 61 balls as a rookie (more than Jones), a starting QB and a pick used to get Trent Richardson. Seems like the Browns raped the Falcons on this one. Not sure how anyone could disagree with that assesment.

So they got a stud DT, a starting FB, a WR who caught 61 balls as a rookie (more than Jones), a starting QB and a pick used to get Trent Richardson. Seems like the Browns raped the Falcons on this one. Not sure how anyone could disagree with that assesment.

:lol: just stop

:lol: just stop

We can agree to disagree, but I am not sure how anyone could think Julio Jones is somehow better than Greg Little, Brandon Weeden, Phil Taylor, Owen Marecic and a 4th round pick.