Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Flying J/Pilot gas stations

Stopped off at the Pilot gas station in dexter michigan before we went to the festival on sunday. Got gas, sunglasses and drinks..all total it came to under 50 bucks. So color me shocked when I could not use my card today for food...turns out Piolet/flying J's company can authorize a hold on your account of 151 dollars for a few days on a passenger vehicle and reportedly 500 dollars on a semi.........for absolutely no reason at all. The charge for gas went through on monday....the hold is still on while we argue with the bank........I would just like to say.....###### YOU Pilot/flying J . That...I can assure you will be the last time I EVER use one of your stores for anything

Those guys get burned so often, I thought it was common knowledge if you stop at one it's better to use the ATM to pay for your gas.. :dunno:

Those guys get burned so often, I thought it was common knowledge if you stop at one it's better to use the ATM to pay for your gas.. :dunno:

First time I have heard of it. I will never go back.

But how was the truck-stop BJ? Did you give or receive?

He had to pay for the shades some how didn't he. :music_guitarred:

Good choice using them - The gas you pumped is produced in the Good ole US of A!!!!! :thumbsup:

Stopped off at the Pilot gas station in dexter michigan before we went to the festival on sunday. Got gas, sunglasses and drinks..all total it came to under 50 bucks. So color me shocked when I could not use my card today for food...turns out Piolet/flying J's company can authorize a hold on your account of 151 dollars for a few days on a passenger vehicle and reportedly 500 dollars on a semi.........for absolutely no reason at all. The charge for gas went through on monday....the hold is still on while we argue with the bank........I would just like to say.....###### YOU Pilot/flying J . That...I can assure you will be the last time I EVER use one of your stores for anything

So a $150 hold on your card put you over your limit?

That's why he had to go give trucker head to pay for his groceries

Good choice using them - The gas you pumped is produced in the Good ole US of A!!!!! :thumbsup:

Like pretty much all the gas you buy anywhere. :thumbsup:

kilroy is a bit of a deadbeat. In fact, I believe he is somewhat proud of this. More power to him I guess.

pilot is the major player in putting in the natural gas infrastructure, which will help reduce our oil dependence and create a new american natural gas economy.

they still suck having to hold that much on someone's account. one would think they would be required to disclose that at the pump prior to the transaction.

kilroy is a bit of a deadbeat. In fact, I believe he is somewhat proud of this. More power to him I guess.

So the gas station was being smart with the hold?

So the gas station was being smart with the hold?

I wouldn't go that far. Why a hold for $150 when he didn't pump near that much gas? It sounds abusive to me.

First time I have heard of it. I will never go back.

What if they had a sweet deal on humnmingbirds?

Like pretty much all the gas you buy anywhere. :thumbsup:

If pretty much all the gas we buy is a product of the USA why the fuss on foreign dependency?

If pretty much all the gas we buy is a product of the USA why the fuss on foreign dependency?

Because gas is made from oil, which we import a fair amount of.

Because gas is made from oil, which we import a fair amount of.

The oil used to product the gas at Flying J's are from the USA. Better?

The oil used to product the gas at Flying J's are from the USA. Better?

I guess. I'd need to see a link to believe that's actually true, but I guess it's a nice idea. I wonder if that figured into their bankruptcy?

The 50 bucks would not have done it..and the 150 would not normally have done it either. However we literally just got back from spending a ###### ton of money at a renaissance festival and my checking account was pretty much tapped out. Having them hold 3 times what I paid is absurd. How much money do they make from doing this and keeping it in a slush fund? How many transactions a day do they do this to? I called the bank and the bank got the hold lifted but only after arguing with the station. They wanted to hold it for another day even though the charge cleared on monday.

The 50 bucks would not have done it..and the 150 would not normally have done it either. However we literally just got back from spending a ###### ton of money at a renaissance festival and my checking account was pretty much tapped out. Having them hold 3 times what I paid is absurd. How much money do they make from doing this and keeping it in a slush fund? How many transactions a day do they do this to? I called the bank and the bank got the hold lifted but only after arguing with the station. They wanted to hold it for another day even though the charge cleared on monday.

Renaissance festival?

Next time borrow a pair of tights from your boyfriend and mebbe you won't tap out your checking account, Merlin. :thumbsup:

if you pre-pay for gas rather than just fill up, and go inside and pay and use debit rather than credit then they should not have been able to put a hold on ur card.

when you pre-authorize at the pump or pay inside with credit(ATM card) they can put a hold then.

Sum places now in northeast wont run a debit transaction, they say it has to be credit....this allows them to basically borrow $$$ thats not theirs and make $$$ on it even if its just a few days. Fvck that...I wont go to places that do that :thumbsdown:

Renaissance festival?

Next time borrow a pair of tights from your boyfriend and mebbe you won't tap out your checking account, Merlin. :thumbsup:

Oh yea..because going to a festival where all of the women are wearing low cut gowns that make their boobs pop out.....and they want you to look.....is gay.

Oh yea..because going to a festival where all of the women are wearing low cut gowns that make their boobs pop out.....and they want you to look.....is gay.

Didn't say it was ghey.

It's sad that a grown man has to resort to running around in tights talking in a bad English accent in order to get a peek at cleavage.

I take that back......that's about as ghey as it gets.

Didn't say it was ghey.

It's sad that a grown man has to resort to running around in tights talking in a bad English accent in order to get a peek at cleavage.

hahaha I didn't dress up. Just walked around with my gf and our daughter. The fact that there were massive amounts of aaaallmoosssst fully exposed tata's just make walking around for 7 hours bearable.

So you lied? It wasn't a credit problem. It was a debit card problem.

So you lied? It wasn't a credit problem. It was a debit card problem.

Actually not at all. You Assumed it was a credit card. I never once claimed it to be. Ya know what they say...When you assume you look like an ass.

Didn't say it was ghey.

That's why there are no British super heros.

hahaha I didn't dress up. Just walked around with my gf and our daughter. The fact that there were massive amounts of aaaallmoosssst fully exposed tata's just make walking around for 7 hours bearable.

I was at the one here in Minny last weekend. T!tties galore! :thumbsup:

I was at the one here in Minny last weekend. T!tties galore! :thumbsup:

I honestly don't know how some of them stayed in. Lets just say I know for a fact I can't move things with my mind. lol

Actually not at all. You Assumed it was a credit card. I never once claimed it to be. Ya know what they say...When you assume you look like an ass.

I still don't understand how they put a hold on your card. I've never heard of this practice.

I still don't understand how they put a hold on your card. I've never heard of this practice.

That makes 2 of us. I looked up Pilot/flying J 151 dollars on google and that is how I found out what was going on to even explain to the bank.

That makes 2 of us. I looked up Pilot/flying J 151 dollars on google and that is how I found out what was going on to even explain to the bank.

I can't imagine it's legal either. And if it is, why would any trucker want to use them? Was it a credit card/dbit card? Visa or other?

I can't imagine it's legal either. And if it is, why would any trucker want to use them? Was it a credit card/dbit card? Visa or other?

Most have agreements with the truck stops to get a better deal

What if they had a sweet deal on humnmingbirds?

dude, it was Mothra, not a hummingbird :rolleyes:

okay, it really was a hummingbird

dude, it was Mothra, not a hummingbird :rolleyes:

okay, it really was a hummingbird

:D