Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

Saint's Bounty - Greg Williams Audio

No. It's over reaction. It happens in every locker room. It's the coaches job to fire up his players. If they say to go out there and "kill them" do you think that mean that literally?

I was taught early (11-12 playground ball) to try and hurt the star player on the other team. And I did everything within the rules to hurt anyone who got in the way of my team wining.

No offense, Bunny, but you're a Saints fan. Of course you think it's over reaction. You can hardly offer an objective opinion on this.

Given that the recording is two years after the nfl told them to stop it, I actually think its under reaction.

Sean Payton is lucky it was only one year, Williams might be able to coach again if he goes on an speaking tour against this.

No. It's over reaction. It happens in every locker room. It's the coaches job to fire up his players. If they say to go out there and "kill them" do you think that mean that literally?

I was taught early (11-12 playground ball) to try and hurt the star player on the other team. And I did everything within the rules to hurt anyone who got in the way of my team wining.

And you guys were the baddest ass chess team around! :bandana:

Given that the recording is two years after the nfl told them to stop it, I actually think its under reaction.

Sean Payton is lucky it was only one year, Williams might be able to coach again if he goes on an speaking tour against this.

Williams is done... He'll be an NCAA nomad like a Mike Leach, or a Bobby Knight...etc.. he's tainted goods, won't sniff the NFL again as a coordinator...

No offense, Bunny, but you're a Saints fan. Of course you think it's over reaction. You can hardly offer an objective opinion on this.

I played football and have been around enough to know that what happend with the Saints has happend in every locker room in the NFL. it's the way they handled it that makes it bad. They shouldn't have lied and they should have stopped when they were told to. Beyond that, every team has some sort of bounty system in play. Or they did and the Saints are going to be the poster boys of why not to do it anymore even though some teams will. I heard Jerimah Trotter on ESPN radio Friday night say that they had a bounties when he played. I said when all of this first came out that the league should ban ESPN and all others of show violent hits on re-plays. Players are inclined more to go for the big hit when they know it might make the highlights. If the NFL is serious about player safety, they should ban them starting this year.

Aren't you sick of hearing about this. It's been non-stop for three weeks now. The NFL and the media have nothing to talk about during the offseason so they keep this in the news. Be glad it wasn't your team that got gaught.

I played football and have been around enough to know that what happend with the Saints has happend in every locker room in the NFL. it's the way they handled it that makes it bad. They shouldn't have lied and they should have stopped when they were told to. Beyond that, every team has some sort of bounty system in play. Or they did and the Saints are going to be the poster boys of why not to do it anymore even though some teams will. I heard Jerimah Trotter on ESPN radio Friday night say that they had a bounties when he played. I said when all of this first came out that the league should ban ESPN and all others of show violent hits on re-plays. Players are inclined more to go for the big hit when they know it might make the highlights. If the NFL is serious about player safety, they should ban them starting this year.

Aren't you sick of hearing about this. It's been non-stop for three weeks now. The NFL and the media have nothing to talk about during the offseason so they keep this in the news. Be glad it wasn't your team that got gaught.

We've heard this from Pats fans when they got caught cheating too. It's a convenient way of saying you're team's not really dirty. I was actually undecided about the penalty until I heard about going for concussions and acl injuries. Now I hope Williams never coaches again and Payton gets taken out and injured the first game of the 2013 season.

We've heard this from Pats fans when they got caught cheating too. It's a convenient way of saying you're team's not really dirty. I was actually undecided about the penalty until I heard about going for concussions and acl injuries. Now I hope Williams never coaches again and Payton gets taken out and injured the first game of the 2013 season.

The Saints didn't cheat. What they did was not cheating. :wall:

Is Williams an a-hole? Check. Was he trying to motivate his players? Check. Has it been going on since football was invented? Check

Payton was taken out last year by his own player. I doubt he'll let it happen again.

The Saints didn't cheat. What they did was not cheating. :wall:

Is Williams an a-hole? Check. Was he trying to motivate his players? Check. Has it been going on since football was invented? Check

Payton was taken out last year by his own player. I doubt he'll let it happen again.

Payton will be lucky there isn't an audible where someone charges into him on the sidelines

My long lost twin :cheers:

My long lost twin :cheers:

:cheers: I would have taken your spleen out in a heart-beat and then bought you a new one if I could. I had a guys jaw re-wired years ago who told me recently that if he would have had the chance, he would have done the same to me. Respect baby.

It appears that most of you want a league that is all offense. That tells me that most of you don't have a fawking clue of how the game was played up until the introduction of video games. If you want the league to be a vanilla, and I use that word for many reasons, then you don't understand the game. The Pro Bowl is played without defensive blitzes and many other stratergies to allow the offense to score .And the lack of defense is atrocious. How is that working out for the NFL after last years debacle in Hawaii? It was an abortion of a football game and no one other than the players and their significant others were smiling because they knew the NFL has become a bunch of pussies. If you want the NFL to become the Pro Bowl, you have no fawking clue of how the game is supposed to be played.

Jack Lambert and Ronnie Lott would kill you apologists for allowing the NFL to become such a pussssssy orientated league as this one has become.

I am slowly walking away from the game because of the pussification of the NFL.