The Football Guru

Hello Caller, I'm Listening ...

is back, people!

In case anyone missed it last year, my final All Out Blitz of the season last year fielded lineup questions for championship week. I am planning to do the same thing again this season. Please hit me up here, via e-mail or on Twitter and I'll give you a spot in my column. Please specify scoring setup details or I will assume PPR scoring and six points for all touchdowns.

Here's a link to last year's article in case you needed a refresher or want to know what the heck I'm talking about:

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/orth/17_aob_135_lineup_decisions.html

Ill start us off.

I play a league where you can play a QB in the OP position so most do. Ive been riding Rivers all season like Trump rode hillbillies to the Oval Office.

But I hate his matchup against the Ravens. Especially sans Allen and possibly without Gordon and Ekeler.

My other two QBs are Watson and Winston. Not great options both being on the road, but still my gut says roll with those two guys over Rivers. Watson will get a few with his legs and the Philly secondary is atrocious. Winston could also get a few with his legs and hell turn it over at least once but his upside is always there.

Sooo... what say you Mr. Guru?

Yup, PPR, and 6

Need to start 4 WR's from this group.

DeAndre Hopkins

Keenan Allen

Jarvis Landry

Alshon Jeffery

Larry Fitzgerald

Allen Robinson

DeDe Westbrook

Tim Patrick

My opponent's in the championship game for the 5th time in 8 years, and is a good owner. So I really don't want to make any wrong choices here.

Thanks guru, happy holidays. And I eagerly look foward to more of your Dynasty content.

Can I trust Baldwin now? I need a flex I have Baldwin, Adams, and Martin (standard scoring.) Also, if you have a take on the Steelers RB situation that would be great.

Greetings Doug!

Half-point PPR scoring, TDs worth 6 points and you get points for yardage, maximum start 2 RBs. I have:

D. Cook, Minnesota

Mixon, Cincinnati

D. Henry, Tennessee

Which two would you recommend to start.....and why??

Thanks so very much Doug.

I have two questions, PPR, all TDs are 6 pts, double for TD plays over 50 yards, 6 pt bonus at 100 yards, dynasty league

I have Zeke and Mixon as my starting RBs, at Flex I'm looking at Fournette or Marlon Mack, Fournette is iffy with a foot injury, of course

and

At WR, I have DeAndre Hopkins as my WR1 and my 2nd, I have Josh Gordon and Tyler Boyd, Boyd is banged up a bit as well

The injury situations could make these very easy decisions but if everyone is healthy, what do you think?

PPR league

Start one QB: Rivers, Dak, or Cousins

Start 3 WR: Diggs, Julio, Davonte Adams, Mike Williams, JuJu

Start 2 RB: Jamaal Williams, David Johnson, Mark Ingram, D. Henry, Damien Williams, James Conner

FLEX one from above WR or RB

Would you start both Conner and Samuels or give Drake another chance or really go out on a limb with Foreman (assuming Miller does not play).

Guru:

6 pt TD & ppr = yes. 2 questions:

1) Any reason not to start Russell Wilson over Phillip Rivers this week.

2) Got rest of line-up covered except for 1 flex spot. My best 2 are Jalen Samuels & Antonio Callaway. You call it.

Thanks!

Did you get approval from Frasier to use his line?

Seeing as how Alfonso Ribeiro is suing the makers of Fortnite over the use of his dance moves, I should have given this more thought :doh:

.5 PPR Need RB 2 and flex...

Fourette

Conner

Samual

Sony

Howard

Robby Anderson

Also Willaims and Mcguire are on the wire

Then TE Njoku or Ian Thomas

Thanks!

Seeing as how Alfonso Ribeiro is suing the makers of Fortnite over the use of his dance moves, I should have given this more thought :doh:

Also 2 Milly and the backpack kid.

.5 PPR Need RB 2 and flex...

Fourette

Conner

Samual

Sony

Howard

Robby Anderson

Also Willaims and Mcguire are on the wire

Then TE Njoku or Ian Thomas

Thanks!

Is "Samuel" Curtis or Jaylen Samuels?

I'm not sure that anyone can give me any advice that will make me feel more comfortable, but I do have a flex quandry:

Non ppr, bonus 3 points for tds over 50

In my flex I have these 4 options

Jamaal Williams

Tevin Coleman

Josh Adams

Kenny Golladay

Imo, it's pretty much between Coleman and Williams, but I figured I would list my other two legit options also. If Rodgers doesn't go then it's either a blessing or a curse. It's either Williams then gets a ton of carries and has a good game on volume, or the offense is too stalled to matter. Kizer is near the worst qb in the league imo.

• Like 1

Pick a Defense:
New England Vs BUF

Cleveland Vs CIN

Indianapolis Vs NYG

Dallas Vs TB

Pick ONE for Flex Spot - Standard Scoring (no ppr)

J. Williams @ NYJ or
E. McGuire Vs GB

(other less appealing options include: J. Adams Vs HOU, M. Breida Vs CHI, R. Anderson Vs GB, S. Ware @ SEA)

Thank you all for any feedback!!!

0.75 ppr, 1 pt per 10 yards rushing receiving, 6 pt TDs.

I play in a Yahoo league where Jaylen Samuels is TE eligible. Would you start Jaylen Samuels against NO or George Kittle against the Bears?

I play in a Yahoo league where Jaylen Samuels is TE eligible. Would you start Jaylen Samuels against NO or George Kittle against the Bears?

Sammy, easy

For my last flex in Championship game. Standard scoring.

Tevin Coleman @ CAR

Jamaal Williams @ JETS

Jordan Howard @ SF

Kenny Golladay vs MIN

Alshon Jeffrey vs HOU

Leaning towards starting Williams or Coleman Thx

Can I trust Baldwin now? I need a flex I have Baldwin, Adams, and Martin (standard scoring.) Also, if you have a take on the Steelers RB situation that would be great.

Thanks for answering. I meant Josh Adams, but that's my fault for not being specific enough. Ironically, I also have Davante but he's not going anywhere.

One more for ya Doug in case youre in the mood. 1/2 PPR. I need to start 3 out of:

Chubb

D.Johnson

Cohen

D.Williams

J.Williams

Ballege

Im likely taking Chubb and Johnson. The third spot is more difficult. Cohen has a good matchup but script could lead to a Howard game. D.Williams seems to be a more exciting option with Ware out, and J.Williams has the least competiton for carries. I am planning to meditate on it for the next 36 hours but any advice (from anyone) is welcome.

I'm not sure that anyone can give me any advice that will make me feel more comfortable, but I do have a flex quandry:

Non ppr, bonus 3 points for tds over 50

In my flex I have these 4 options

Jamaal Williams

Tevin Coleman

Josh Adams

Kenny Golladay

Imo, it's pretty much between Coleman and Williams, but I figured I would list my other two legit options also. If Rodgers doesn't go then it's either a blessing or a curse. It's either Williams then gets a ton of carries and has a good game on volume, or the offense is too stalled to matter. Kizer is near the worst qb in the league imo.

I think I'm in agreement with you. Xavier Rhodes hasn't been all-world this season by any stretch, but the Vikings can always give him safety help considering the lack of other options Detroit has now. No way do I want to count on Adams this week. Not sure he gets to 15 carries and we don't know how much Smallwood will steal from him on early downs. And you'd have to think Sproles will see the majority of work on passing downs. AND there's the matchup.

Pick a Defense:

New England Vs BUF

Cleveland Vs CIN

Indianapolis Vs NYG

Dallas Vs TB

Pick ONE for Flex Spot - Standard Scoring (no ppr)

J. Williams @ NYJ or

E. McGuire Vs GB

(other less appealing options include: J. Adams Vs HOU, M. Breida Vs CHI, R. Anderson Vs GB, S. Ware @ SEA)

Thank you all for any feedback!!!

I"ve got Cleveland rolling in my biggest $$ game this week and feel pretty good about it, especially with Denzel Ward expected back. Cincy is down its top two WRs and its QB1. I would hope the Browns can take advantage of that.

I'm feeling McGuire just a bit more than Williams. I think Anderson does good but not great this week, and I think he'll need a TD to outscore those guys. Not sure I want to count on a TD from a Jet WR this year.

I think Kittle has done enough to believe he has a five-catch, 80-yard floor against just about any opponent. I think Samuels' floor is around 100 total yards, with about 55-60 coming as a receiver. It would not shock me if he ends up with more catches than Kittle either. Since I'm not loving the odds of Kittle scoring a TD against one of the best defenses in the league, I think Samuels is the play.

For my last flex in Championship game. Standard scoring.

Tevin Coleman @ CAR

Jamaal Williams @ JETS

Jordan Howard @ SF

Kenny Golladay vs MIN

Alshon Jeffrey vs HOU

Leaning towards starting Williams or Coleman Thx

I'm buying Jeffery as long as Foles is the QB. Coleman probably has the highest ceiling of the bunch above, but I think we almost have to disregard what he did against the Cards and consider the first 14 weeks. He's been a rollercoaster, as I'm sure you well know.

Thanks for answering. I meant Josh Adams, but that's my fault for not being specific enough. Ironically, I also have Davante but he's not going anywhere.

Josh never crossed my mind when I saw this question. I like Baldwin the most.

One more for ya Doug in case youre in the mood. 1/2 PPR. I need to start 3 out of:

Chubb

D.Johnson

Cohen

D.Williams

J.Williams

Ballege

Im likely taking Chubb and Johnson. The third spot is more difficult. Cohen has a good matchup but script could lead to a Howard game. D.Williams seems to be a more exciting option with Ware out, and J.Williams has the least competiton for carries. I am planning to meditate on it for the next 36 hours but any advice (from anyone) is welcome.

I can understand your dilemma. Half-point PPR makes it a bit easier for me to go Damien Williams over Cohen as your RB3. I couldn't sit Chubb or David Johnson unless you gave me the answers to the test, and even then I still might question benching them :lol:

Josh never crossed my mind when I saw this question. I like Baldwin the most.

Thanks again! Appreciate the input and the way you guys at Fftoday interact with your readers.

One more?

PPR We start 4 WRs.

I'm starting DaVante Adams and Adam Thielen.

Then I need 2 of these 5:

JuJu Smith Schuster (obviously he should start if he's active?)

Robby Anderson

Tyler Lockett

Kenny Golladay

Mike Williams

Planning on going with Robby Anderson and (if JuJu's out) Tyler Lockett.

Thanks

Doug-thank you for using my question in your article. Yes, I made it to the Championship with mediocre RBs throughout the regular season......but now they are my STRENGTH!!

I sure appreciate all you do for FFToday and for us "posters" on the Forum and in the Mock Drafts. I value your opinion and look forward to the July Mock with you next year.

Thanks again! Appreciate the input and the way you guys at Fftoday interact with your readers.

No problem. Mike puts us through a three-week customer service and sensitivity training course after the draft each spring :lol:

One more?

PPR We start 4 WRs.

I'm starting DaVante Adams and Adam Thielen.

Then I need 2 of these 4:

JuJu Smith Schuster (obviously he should start if he's active?)

Robby Anderson

Tyler Lockett

Kenny Golladay

Mike Williams

Planning on going with Robby Anderson and (if JuJu's out) Tyler Lockett.

Thanks

JuJu assured his fantasy owners on Twitter that he'll go tomorrow. I think Anderson makes sense as the WR4.

• Like 1

I can understand your dilemma. Half-point PPR makes it a bit easier for me to go Damien Williams over Cohen as your RB3. I couldn't sit Chubb or David Johnson unless you gave me the answers to the test, and even then I still might question benching them :lol:

Thanks Doug! Thats the way I was starting to lean. As a Hawks fan I think he will do well against them.

Torn between Big Ben and Luck tomorrow.

On one hand Luck has been consistent up until 2 stinkers over the last 3 weeks. Will they even need to throw against the Giants awful run D? On the other hand Ben is on the road against a NO D that has been good as of late, but this one just feels like it has the makings of a shootout.

Who you got?

• Like 1