Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

This is pretty conclusive......Tomlin is lying.

I don't think if proves anything...he sidestepped a guy in a grey sweatsuit (they like criss crossed each other),and he still never did look back or down or anything to place himself. He just sidestepped a guy who crossed his path.

It's a giant leap of faith thinking he looked at the play in the jumbo tron figured he wanted to get in a guys way, step 6 inches to his right knowing Jones would cross paths exactly at that spot.

Tomlin is too stupid to fire his offensive coordinator or know when to use a timeout let alone calculate his spot on the field based on a jumbo tron and and calculate if it he took a tiny sidestep to his right he would get in the way kinda but jump out of the way.

If his intent was to get in the way he sure did a bad job of it.

I guarantee the coaching tape will show what I am talking about with him sidestepping someone in front of him and the fact that he was situated in that spot plus or minus a foot from the beginning of that return.

I wonder if his lack of admission is causing the delay in his fine and or other penalties for his action.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24315174/video-new-angle-of-mike-tomlinjacoby-jones-interference

This is absolutely conclusive.

If you have already per-determined that Tomlin was intentionally trying to disrupt Jones, AND you VERY liberal with your interpretation of the phrase "pretty conclusive."

Because all this shows is the same video from a different angle that proves nothing.

I don't think Tomlin's actions had any bearing on the play, but if you think he didn't do this on purpose, you're pretty naive! The head coach isn't even watching the play? :lol:

If you watch the various videos including the new video you can only conclude that Tomlin is a complete d-bag.

He steps to his right to interfere with the play, knowing that Jones will turn back to the center of the field. The hesitation and adjustment on Jones part likely prevented a TD as he certainly could have hit another gear and scorched that defender down left sideline (if not for Tomlin).

I don't think Tomlin's actions had any bearing on the play, but if you think he didn't do this on purpose, you're pretty naive! The head coach isn't even watching the play? :lol:

He is watching the play on the Big Screen like many coaches do. Have you ever been on a sideline at a football game? Probably not. When you are on the sideline you have a very limited scope or view of plays or players. If you are a coach and you want to see a kick return develop you want to see it on the big screen.

Heck I have sat in the first row 50 yard line at Browns stadium....worst seat I had at a football game cause you couldn't see an entire play, only kind half and it all runs together. Not watching the play you say well how in the heck did he know where to stand?

look at Tomlin at the around 11 second mark when he moves, you will see why he moved toward field because a guy in front of him crossed his face and moved to his left.

As you would normally do when walk down a narrow hall one guy goes one way and the other guy goes the opposite.

And play was like 30 yards away from him at the time.

Sports science should do a thing on how good you would have to be for Tomlin to plant himself at the exact spot Jones was.

1 in a quad-billion? Of all the square footage he nailed it. Wish he was a better coach than he is a physicist.

BTW he totally affected the play and it would have been a TD. He should have been penalized and Balt awarded a TD. He should also get fined.

But to say this was on purpose is just not even feasible.

look at Tomlin at the 10.5 to 11.5 second mark when he moves, you will see why he moved toward field because a guy in front of him crossed his face and moved to his left.

As you would normally do when walk down a narrow hall one guy goes one way and the other guy goes the opposite.

Simmer down sparky, you're trying too hard...

Come on Murf, we know you're a big Steelers guy, but just admit that your coach pulled a punk move and accept whatever the league hands down. In general, Pittsburgh is one of the league's class organizations. I don't think this changes that. They're not spying on practices like New England or all hopped up on drugs like Seattle. They just have a coach who tried to get away with something and got caught. You and I both know that.

A head coach interfered with a ball carrier who was streaking to the end zone.

The NFL has no choice to conclude that it was intentional and bring the hammer down on the Steelers.

What Tomlin did was actually worse for the integrity of the game than what Payton did. Of course the Steelers won't receive a punishment on the same level as the Saints since the Ravens won the game. If it happened in the Super Bowl and there was a huge outcry.....the punishment could rival that of Payton.

Come on Murf, we know you're a big Steelers guy, but just admit that your coach pulled a punk move and accept whatever the league hands down. In general, Pittsburgh is one of the league's class organizations. I don't think this changes that. They're not spying on practices like New England or all hopped up on drugs like Seattle. They just have a coach who tried to get away with something and got caught. You and I both know that.

So he planned it all along. Lol all without ever looking down or anything jus new going in that he should stand right there. I do not even like having Tomlin as a coach. I would fire him he made his rep on cowhers players but he didn't do that on purpose

Any defense of Tomlin is weak. He had the ball, the action, the play all coming his way. No need to look at the jumbo screen, it was happening right in front of him. There's also 3 feet of clear white sideline with nobody in front of him to block his view of the screen he claims to have been trying to see.

Then there is the video - http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Mike-Tomlin-Interferes-With-Potential-Touchdown/c3f47606-c8d3-4dfd-9f0a-26a55a610d20. Everyone on the Pitt sideline is following the play on the field - as expected since the play is literally a few feet from them. All except one - he's got his back to the action and watching the screen. You mean to tell me your entire team is watching it live right in front of them but the head coach, who has closer access to the field than anyone, chose to watch it on tv?

Bigfoot is being real is more probable.

Why are you guys going to debate this with a Steelers fan? You know he will stick up for his team. There's 31 teams fans that agree it was on purpose, but since the Steeler believe it wasn't on purpose than I guess it wasn't....

If Tomlin doesn't watch returns on screen I will concede it was n purpose. If coaching film shows him measuring up his stance on sideline while return is ongoing I will concede it was on purpose. There will be other film showing he was oblivious entire time like he is usually deer in headlights

Again any past ball players want to chime in on how hArd it would be to see full play develop from sideline. It's worst seat in house for kr

Again any past ball players want to chime in on how hArd it would be to see full play develop from sideline. It's worst seat in house for kr

There were 100 people on Pitt's side of the field - all but 1 was watching the play in front of them. If the screen is the best place to watch a KR - wouldn't they all (or even some) be looking at the screen too?

If you are a coach you watch a game differently you want to see the entire field, you want to see if your guys are staying in their lanes (for those who never played the game, see that's the term used to make sure your kick coverage doesn't chase the ball like a 7 year old soccer player). On a kick return the players are spread out almost the entire 3/4 of a field.

And I am guessing you never watched the game from the sideline like everyone else in here claiming that he has a great view of the action.

A bunch of guys who never stepped on a football field telling me that he doesn't need to look at the big screen cause he has such a great view.

Like I said if he doesn't consistently watch returns on Jumbo tron I will concede he did it on purpose. I will be the first to post so.

If you are a coach you watch a game differently you want to see the entire field, you want to see if your guys are staying in their lanes (for those who never played the game, see that's the term used to make sure your kick coverage doesn't chase the ball like a 7 year old soccer player). On a kick return the players are spread out almost the entire 3/4 of a field.

And I am guessing you never watched the game from the sideline like everyone else in here claiming that he has a great view of the action.

A bunch of guys who never stepped on a football field telling me that he doesn't need to look at the big screen cause he has such a great view.

Like I said if he doesn't consistently watch returns on Jumbo tron I will concede he did it on purpose. I will be the first to post so.

:lol:

You were all in with the Pats Spygate deal right?

If the jumbo screen is the best place for a HC to watch a KR - then Tomlin would of been watching it from the very kick, not all of the sudden halfway thru the play. At the point and time when Tomlin decided he needed a better view, all of the running lanes and strategic moves had been made - the camera at that time was following the ball, just like all of the other 99 people standing on that sideline not looking at the screen.

So he planned it all along. Lol all without ever looking down or anything jus new going in that he should stand right there. I do not even like having Tomlin as a coach. I would fire him he made his rep on cowhers players but he didn't do that on purpose

You sound like a homer idiot, but that's your prerogative. Have fun with it. :wave:

I don't think if proves anything...he sidestepped a guy in a grey sweatsuit (they like criss crossed each other),and he still never did look back or down or anything to place himself. He just sidestepped a guy who crossed his path.

It's a giant leap of faith thinking he looked at the play in the jumbo tron figured he wanted to get in a guys way, step 6 inches to his right knowing Jones would cross paths exactly at that spot.

Tomlin is too stupid to fire his offensive coordinator or know when to use a timeout let alone calculate his spot on the field based on a jumbo tron and and calculate if it he took a tiny sidestep to his right he would get in the way kinda but jump out of the way.

If his intent was to get in the way he sure did a bad job of it.

I guarantee the coaching tape will show what I am talking about with him sidestepping someone in front of him and the fact that he was situated in that spot plus or minus a foot from the beginning of that return.

I bet you thought OJ was innocent too. Seriously, how can you watch the videos and not know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he was trying to impede the play?

I bet you thought OJ was innocent too. Seriously, how can you watch the videos and not know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he was trying to impede the play?

No, OJ never played for the Steelers so he did it... Everyone knows who has the most obnoxious and ridiculous fans in the NFL, nuff said.

You sound like a homer idiot, but that's your prerogative. Have fun with it. :wave:

Do you take roids in your a$$ or do they make them in cookie form now?

Fvck Tomlin. I hope they lose a draft pick and get fined 6 figures that cheating lying POS. And I hate both the Steelers and the Ravens

If the jumbo screen is the best place for a HC to watch a KR - then Tomlin would of been watching it from the very kick, not all of the sudden halfway thru the play. At the point and time when Tomlin decided he needed a better view, all of the running lanes and strategic moves had been made - the camera at that time was following the ball, just like all of the other 99 people standing on that sideline not looking at the screen.

Ummm what video have you seen were he is not looking at Jumbotron from the very kick? If you have video of that please post because if that's the case he is guilty, but I have no idea what film ever shows him without his head up in the air from the start. That would be news to me...heck even when he took his side step he was looking straight up? :dunno:

Heck I even read where a Ravens player said he was looking at the big screen the entire time before he stepped?

He did it intentional is the fcking point. Every set of eyes were fixed on the play that was about to go the distance, with the crowd cheeering roaring ur gonna tell me Tomlin was oblivious to what was going on or what he did? Dude ur a fool!!!!!

He did it intentional is the fcking point. Every set of eyes were fixed on the play that was about to go the distance, with the crowd cheeering roaring ur gonna tell me Tomlin was oblivious to what was going on or what he did? Dude ur a ###### fool!!!!!

Look at the pictures from the coaching tape, he never even came close to watching play on field which proves my point all along. Or does he have ESP and knew he better sprint to that yard line before the kick and no evidence whatsoever that he ever looked at the field of play from start to finish

http://fansided.com/2013/12/03/coaches-22-film-supports-mike-tomlins-claim-accidental-interference-photos/

You guys who never played the game, never stood on the sidelines have no idea that it is a bad view for watching a kickoff return.

The coaches tape proves my point as I predicted.

:lol:

• Like 1

Why would a coach who is not going to be watching the play on the field, decide that the best place to watch on the Jumbotron would be in a place that is on the field, which is 6 feet beyond where he is supposed to be standing without getting a penalty?

look at Tomlin at the around 11 second mark when he moves, you will see why he moved toward field because a guy in front of him crossed his face and moved to his left.

And play was like 30 yards away from him at the time.

Sports science should do a thing on how good you would have to be for Tomlin to plant himself at the exact spot Jones was.

1 in a quad-billion? Of all the square footage he nailed it. Wish he was a better coach than he is a physicist.

BTW he totally affected the play and it would have been a TD. He should have been penalized and Balt awarded a TD. He should also get fined.

But to say this was on purpose is just not even feasible.

As a fellow Steelers fan, I could not agree more. My assertion all along has been that it was unintentional, he did try to get out of the way, and he definitely affected the play on the field. The TD should have been awarded and a penalty enforced on the following play for the Steelers if allowed by rules. I too believe Tomlin should be fined. This isn't Jason Kidd telling a player to "hit me" before accidentally spilling his drink to buy more time. It's a guy who in the wrong place at the perfect time and should have been penalized more for it. But there's a difference between being an idiot and being a cheater. Tomlin may be the first, but no way is he the second.

H When you are on the sideline you have a very limited scope or view of plays or players. If you are a coach and you want to see a kick return develop you want to see it on the big screen.

Except when the play is right in front of you like this one was :lol:

As a fellow Steelers fan, I could not agree more. My assertion all along has been that it was unintentional, he did try to get out of the way, and he definitely affected the play on the field. The TD should have been awarded and a penalty enforced on the following play for the Steelers if allowed by rules. I too believe Tomlin should be fined. This isn't Jason Kidd telling a player to "hit me" before accidentally spilling his drink to buy more time. It's a guy who in the wrong place at the perfect time and should have been penalized more for it. But there's a difference between being an idiot and being a cheater. Tomlin may be the first, but no way is he the second.

Even if he did impact the play, a TD can't be awarded. It is a 15 yard penalty. Maybe he is not as dumb as you think. ;)

Even if he did impact the play, a TD can't be awarded. It is a 15 yard penalty. Maybe he is not as dumb as you think. ;)

Not according to Profootballtalk...

Tomlin should have been flagged, TD could have been awarded
Posted by Mike Florio on November 28, 2013, 11:16 PM EST

So what should have happened after Steelers coach Mike Tomlin entered the field of play during Jacoby Jones‘ long kickoff return and jumped out of the way at the last instant, forcing Jones inside and possibly keeping him from scoring a touchdown?

Per a league source with knowledge of the appropriate procedures, no coach or player may be in the white area during a play. Tomlin, who actually had a foot on the field, should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, especially since the field judge had to run around Tomlin while covering the play. The source pointed out that, just last week, the Jets were penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct after the line judge ran into the coaches in the white sideline stripe.

If a player or coach on the sideline interferes with the play, a “palpably unfair act” occurs. The referee can do whatever the referee determines to be equitable, including awarding a touchdown. And that’s not the end of it. The Steelers and/or Tomlin now face potential discipline, to be determined initially by the office of executive V.P. of football operations Ray Anderson.

Ummm what video have you seen were he is not looking at Jumbotron from the very kick? If you have video of that please post because if that's the case he is guilty, but I have no idea what film ever shows him without his head up in the air from the start. That would be news to me...heck even when he took his side step he was looking straight up? :dunno:

Heck I even read where a Ravens player said he was looking at the big screen the entire time before he stepped?

If you were completely on board for spy gate you officially win dbag poster of the week. Congrats on letting your blind homerism guide you.

Tomlin = cheater and is a disgrace to football.

What would have been awesome is if Jones had just run him over

Honestly, he should have. They would have awarded the TD at that point.

Not according to Profootballtalk...

Florio is a moron. According to Mike Pereira, only a 15 yard penalty at the end of the run could be awarded.

Mike Pereira @MikePereira 28 Nov

If they would have called the foul on Tomlin, they would have assessed 15 yards from the end of the run. Would not have awarded TD.

Except when the play is right in front of you like this one was :lol:

Don't bother listening or looking at my link do you? I already can tell you never played the game and think its a great view. He was looking away even before kick went off. Are you that thick?

Are you saying before it's kicked he knew where to go on field to interfere? And to pull off his prank he will never look at field of play

He has got great spacial awareness and powers to see the future

If you were completely on board for spy gate you officially win dbag poster of the week. Congrats on letting your blind homerism guide you.

Tomlin = cheater and is a disgrace to football.

Your boat couldn't be ANY farther off course if you can't separate the two. You need to get a grip. Spygate was a planned, coordinated effort to gain a competitive advantage involving multiple people that took place over MULTIPLE weeks. Tomlin is a dumbass who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and should have gotten a bigger penalty.