Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

The start Pat Mahomes thread

Smith is the overall QB2 in my league right now, you can relax. They just had a rough game and will be ok.

Smith is the overall QB2 in my league right now, you can relax. They just had a rough game and will be ok.

:bs:

plus, nothing was working vs pitt until the 4th. smith posted 250/1/0 in an off game. keep rolling with smith.

Wow, after 1 loss. What an idiot

Maybe coaches should get their fat fvck heads out their ass and just get the ball to their best players. That's why they are considered good, because they do good things with the football. Not because they are good decoys. Meanwhile Gordon gets 25 carries a game for 3.3 yards per carry..... I will never understand why some mediocre talent gets fed, while some electric players are given scraps

Maybe coaches should get their fat fvck heads out their ass and just get the ball to their best players. That's why they are considered good, because they do good things with the football. Not because they are good decoys. Meanwhile Gordon gets 25 carries a game for 3.3 yards per carry..... I will never understand why some mediocre talent gets fed, while some electric players are given scraps

Mahomes overcomes all of this by default. Thus, the thread.

Steelers defense yesterday was flat out nasty. They were flying around all over the place. 1 first down in the 1st half for KC. That's not on Smith. He'll rebound.

Always interesting how some teams no matter where they play just matchup really good to the other.

That was indeed the case yesterday.

Last week they were the best team in football according to you.

This week, they need to bench the QB?

Fans.

Best team wif Alex smif, bestest team if mahomes.

While we are at it, it's time to end the Hunt experiment too. No TDs in 4 weeks. Less than 3 ypc this week. Time for West.

We miss our dead Spencer ware :(

On a more serious note, Smith obviously has been playing lights out. However, as close as I follow my chiefs I have felt in year's past the Chiefs may have been held back more on offense not because of smith's limited abilities, but rather the offenses' conservative nature using Smith as the excuse for doing so. Not that they ever came out and said that but you could sort of tell if you are really paying attention.

As long as the Chiefs and Smith don't fall flat in the second half it ends up being a best case scenario for the Chiefs. Chiefs are already accounting for smith's salary in 2018 so let him play out his final year and continue to allow mahomes to develop in waiting (and what better mentors than Smith and Reid), or trade him to a team who is only lacking the veteran signal caller to get them to the playoffs. And then there's always the buy out option on Smith if things don't work as planned.

Good time to be a chiefs fan :headbanger:

I would trade Hunt and Kelce for anything you can get. Maybe a backup kicker. Trade Smith for some injured out of the league TE. Brilliant!

mediocre talent? Chargers have one of the worst lines in the game, and Gordon is also one of the few all around backs in the game

after Bell, DJ and Gurley, hes the best bet in the league

mediocre talent? Chargers have one of the worst lines in the game, and Gordon is also one of the few all around backs in the game

I guess if you like making excuses for mediocre talent that gets featured. Most running backs in the league could do mediocre shlt with a ton of touches, No excuses needed

What does Gordon Excel at? I don't see an overly talented player when I watch him. He's not real fast, doesn't run with a lot of power, isn't elusive. I'd say he's an average talent, with above average volume.

While we are at it, it's time to end the Hunt experiment too. No TDs in 4 weeks. Less than 3 ypc this week. Time for West.

And comet to think about it, Andy Reid has zero Super Bowl wins under his belt - time to fire his ass too.

I would trade Hunt and Kelce for anything you can get. Maybe a backup kicker. Trade Smith for some injured out of the league TE. Brilliant!

I think Nick Folk is still available.

Bump

342/3/0

I admittedly did not see the game, but kinda hard to see how you pin that loss on Smith

Please fire Andy Reid. You could tell the team won despite of him early on. Now when basic coaching is require, he totally fail.

How can a long time coach cant manage time is totally nuts.

What does Gordon Excel at? I don't see an overly talented player when I watch him. He's not real fast, doesn't run with a lot of power, isn't elusive. I'd say he's an average talent, with above average volume.

I dunno just does everything good, really good in the redzone, and is a great blocker and pass catcher and solid in the open field

I think hes easily a top 8 talent at RB

I dunno just does everything good, really good in the redzone, and is a great blocker and pass catcher and solid in the open field

I think hes easily a top 8 talent at RB

He has yet to have a year where he averaged 4 yards per carry. Like I said good in a lot of areas, but elite talent doesn't struggle to run for 4 per carry year in and year out.

He has yet to have a year where he averaged 4 yards per carry. Like I said good in a lot of areas, but elite talent doesn't struggle to run for 4 per carry year in and year out.

I am a Charger fan, and they have had a bottom 5 run blocking offense and horrendous play calling year after year

Should have listened to me #cmhforGM

no no no.....says dr fat arse. whats new.....another old school coach that either believes in alex smith who got 9 n 10 points vs giants and bills or is so f unorganized he can't handle the thought of mahomes

if d watson can score 57 vs titans and score at will vs pats and hawks why not go with mahomes

kelce stats should be illegal.

Actually they feel it will diminish smith's trade value after the season by most accounts :(

Mahomes will start in Week 17 according to Andy Reid.

:banana:

It’s official.

Rookie first-rounder Patrick Mahomes will start for the Chiefs against the Broncos this Sunday in Denver. Chiefs head coach Andy Reid announced the move during his usual Wednesday press conference.

“Every snap that he gets is a valuable snap for him whenever he has that chance of getting in there,” Reid said. “It’s invaluable and fortunately, we’re in a situation we can do that.”

The Chiefs are locked into the No. 4 seed on the AFC side of the postseason regardless of Sunday’s game outcome.

Reid added that Alex Smith will take the scout team reps this week.

“Fortunately we have a quarterback that understands it,” Reid said. “[Smith] is having a phenomenal year. It’s an MVP-caliber year, so he understands the situation and this won’t detour off of anything he’s doing the remainder of the season.”

Though Mahomes has yet to play, Reid said the season has given him an opportunity to get to know him, and Reid confirmed Wednesday all the scouting reports checked out.

“You hear what he’s all about but until the player is there, you really don’t know, I’m saying as a person,” he said. “He’s everything everybody said he was, a great person—works hard, loves playing—all those things, we’ve seen. Obviously, he hasn’t played in the game other than the preseason, but he’s done a great job of the other stuff.”

That changes Sunday.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/12/27/16822752/patrick-mahomes-start-chiefs-broncos-2017