Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Crazy to start Josh Allen over Cam

Cam has looked bad the last two games while Josh Allen looks like Michael Vick out there. Jets allowed over 10 yards a carry to Mariota last week. Its playoff time so Im kinda looking at it for this week in hopes of advancing. Opponent has Rivers vs Bengals so Im swimming upstream and thinking of going for the homerun with Josh Allen

Josh Allen is the most intriguing guy on the waiver wire right now. I've been holding to Trubisky through the injury and am giving serious consideration to dropping him for Allen. That floor of Allen's with the rushing seems so high right now. Now that it looks like Trubisky is back I'm torn. I suspect that Cam will bounce back, and I also suspect that Allen can't run for 100+ yards per game like he has done the last two, so my gut still says Cam...but it's a lot closer than I ever figured it would be.

I picked up Allen today to START him over Rivers and Winston. Here is my thinking:

1. My matchup is a tossup

2. Allen has scored 26,30 last two weeks

3. Rushing yards and td potential

4. Rivers v Cinci looks good but Rivers is a 17-24 guy no matter who he plays

5. Winston v Saints isn’t as sexy as it you think. Look at qbs Saints have played last 4 weeks. Dalton, Ryan, Dak, and Wentz. All under 22 FP.

6. Buffalo home Jets reeling after blowing big lead to Tenn

7. Mariota did very well v. Jets last week in NY...Allen is better than him.

I know Rivers is safer....but I am a risk taker always going for the higher ceiling. Cheers

I hear you!

I am debating starting Allen versus starting Luck (vs Houston) or Ryan (sucks lately).

Thoughts here?

I would start Luck.

But to the op.

This is a great question.

Mmm wow I think based on the matchup, I’ll go with Allen over cam.

I would start Allen over Winston, but not over Rivers.

Sometimes you gotta risk it for the biscuit. Going Allen over Cam. At less than 100% and playing outside in what Im assuming will be cold and windy weather being its Cleveland in December.

I would start Luck.

But to the op.

This is a great question.

Mmm wow I think based on the matchup, Ill go with Allen over cam.

I would start Allen over Winston, but not over Rivers.

Sometimes you gotta risk it for the biscuit. Going Allen over Cam. At less than 100% and playing outside in what Im assuming will be cold and windy weather being its Cleveland in December.

Well, in a 2 week sample size, Allen has outscored Newton 72-62. I consider it a toss up.

As a passer Newton has had 2 great games out of 12. Each week you are hoping for that solid running game. It's not crazy to roll with the guy you know will have that solid running game, which is Allen.

I'd say yes over Wentz/Ryan, but not Cam/Luck.

Right now I have Allen in to start over Dak and Mariota.

Interesting news about Cam and his shoulder.

Mmmm he could be limited.

I think Allen would be a good play.

I haven't seen much of Allen's play over the past couple weeks. Are they designing run option plays for him? Or given that his receivers are not good, is he just taking off a lot on designed pass plays?

I haven't seen much of Allen's play over the past couple weeks. Are they designing run option plays for him? Or given that his receivers are not good, is he just taking off a lot on designed pass plays?

not sure it matters, he's the 3rd highest rusher in the league over the last 2 games. that's a pretty high floor for a QB. Injuries are always a worry, but the kid is big and strong. He's also got a cannon arm, so he may just get one big play a game or so.

not sure it matters, he's the 3rd highest rusher in the league over the last 2 games. that's a pretty high floor for a QB. Injuries are always a worry, but the kid is big and strong. He's also got a cannon arm, so he may just get one big play a game or so.

Yeah. You don't have to sell me on that guy. One week left before playoffs so I dropped a couple guys I will never use and put in bids on both Allen and Jackson to either back up Wentz or sit Wentz down against the Cowboys this week. Still need to look closer.

But in real football. I hope Buffalo can get Allen to grow consistently. No need to rush. Just get him to year 2 and simply build around him with the sole purpose to help him learn week to week. Then in year 3, go for it if he works out.

Hes an athletic qb with 4.6 speed who has a shitty offensive line so he just defaults to running it once none of his no name WRs dont get open. Perfect recipe