Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Ever Vote To Increase The Number Of Playoff Teams After Regular Season?

Is It Too Late To Increase The Number Of Playoff Teams?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Too Late To Increase The Number Of Playoff Teams?

Have You Ever Voted To Increase The Number Of Playoff Teams After The Regular Season? Right now I'm in a 12 team redraft league and we had it set for 6 team playoffs the entire time, but the Commish wants to increase it because teams 6-8 all finished with the same record, but #6 obviously held the tiebreaker over the two.

I'm somewhat against it because it's a last minute change, even though it would allow me to sneak into the playoffs as the 7th seed, but I see where the Commish is coming from I guess.

What do you make of this?

What kind of weird leagues do you play in where you have all these bizarre situations?

No, you don't change the number of playoff teams during the season. It's common sense.

Yes it's too late... rule changes should take place for the following year

7th seed.

lol right. I did better in my other redraft league, but I can't stand drafting the same players twice, so I went with different ones for this league and it didn't pay off, lol.

Nope you can’t change it now.

In my league the commish has the sole authority to change the # of playoff teams every year after the regular season. I thought this was common practice. He's only exercised his right a few times but each time it allowed his team to make the playoffs. I just assumed this was coincidence.

lol right. I did better in my other redraft league, but I can't stand drafting the same players twice, so I went with different ones for this league and it didn't pay off, lol.

My take on this topic, don't ever change league rules during the year. Everyone in the league should have a say in the rules in the offseason.

no you dont change it now, also whats the point in tie brakers if thats the case??

it makes every head to head game count

H2H only can go really badly depending on the matchup lottery it puts people in.

And duh, no you cant get to the playoffs and change the number of teams to make the playoffs at that time. If it is week 2 or something...okay, maybe. But really, the time to decide rules and settings is before the season.

It is OK to increase the number of teams in the playoffs, just do not decrease it.

More playoffs is more fun!

I vote for starting the playoffs week 1 and after 16 weeks the team with the most wins and/or the most points scored is crowned champion.

Yeah, 7 cheaters, 5 guys that didn't pay yet, a commish that passed away in week 6 but left an immediate rule change to the league in his will, Todd Gurley just picked up off the waiver wire, after draft party was raided by the police because it was too quiet, the league transsexual is claiming someone stole his pinky ring...

• Like 1

Yeah, 7 cheaters, 5 guys that didn't pay yet, a commish that passed away in week 6 but left an immediate rule change to the league in his will, Todd Gurley just picked up off the waiver wire, after draft party was raided by the police because it was too quiet, the league transsexual is claiming someone stole his pinky ring...

:lol:

This clearly is a made up league so bone star can troll the forum.

It is OK to increase the number of teams in the playoffs, just do not decrease it.

More playoffs is more fun!

But what if one of the teams that squeaks into the playoffs pulls off a major upset? That's exciting, yes, but that's a major risk to run. If I were a top seeded team, gimme a bye or my original matchup. Don't change it up for me last second.