Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

JuJu Smith-Schuster

I used to work with two girls with the last name Beech,parents named them Sandy and Coral.

BTW...in a serious note...apparently JuJu is in the concussion protocol.

Yeah find that interesting,Bryant runs his mouth yet again and JuJu who was fine after the game started experiencing symptoms Monday or Tuesday.

Yeah find that interesting,Bryant runs his mouth yet again and JuJu who was fine after the game started experiencing symptoms Monday or Tuesday.

... and he had his bike stolen too!

BTW...in a serious note...apparently JuJu is in the concussion protocol.

He also had a concussion on August 11 during a preseason game. Two concussions in ten weeks is not good. With the bye week coming in week 9 it would make sense to sit him.

Both true stories:

First: I have a buddy who when to school with a girl named Helen Bed, showed me the yearbook even. Very, very little forethought on the parents part there.

Second: Ex-GF went to LSU. She calls me one night and tells me she has the twin girls in her class, Lemonjella and Orangejella. I say BS and laugh of course, and she swears to me it's true. Years later, my sons are watching Disney and some show is on called "Detention". I'm barely paying attention but perk up when I hear one character say "C'mon Lemonjella, let's just go" (or something similar) and the other says "Alright, Orangejella". They are twin sistes on the show. I'm stunned. So I watch to the end of the episode. I catch the writers name, and it's a freakin French/Cajun name. I look up his background and sure as sh!t he graduated from LSU around the same time.

Lemonjella and Orangejella

I think I'd much rather be named JuJu than named after Lemon Jello and/or Orange Jello. Urban legend, maybe...but sounds credible.

I went to college with a girl named Marijuana Pepsicola (Last Name). (Withholding the last name because she's a real person.) She's Latina, and Marijuana is just 'Mary Jane', so that's not really the thing. It's that Pepsicola part.

Thing is, she was super cool, and super cool about her name. She owned it. You wanna laugh at my name? So what? Yeah it's my name, I love it!

... and he had his bike stolen too!

But he got it back! Inspiring video right here :P

Lol. I can't tell you how many times I've opened this thread thinking that at last a poster might be offering a take, a lean, or perhaps a Twitter cite regarding Smith-Schuster's prospects.

Well, fwiw, I'm starting him today. Here's hoping that Slay can occupy Brown just enough that JuJu will see a few extra balls.

I traded him away straight up for Chris Thompson, 1/2 ppr. I like Juju, but I have AB, Hopkins, Hogan, Doctson, and Marvin Jones, and I am not one who likes playing two WRs on the same team. So while I like Juju more than Doctson and Marvin, I also really needed another RB who was going to get me some points. Since Dalvin went down and TyMont lost his starting gig, I'm down to Hunt, Abdullah, and I rolled Smallwood out last week in the flex.

Owner I traded him to 1) has both Jordy and D Adams on byes this week, 2) has also been starting Sanders, who likely won't play, 3) has only Taylor Gabriel on his bench and no one really easy to drop, 4) has RBs to the point that Thompson has been on his bench, and 5) is the guy I'm up against this week :)

I love this trade. I think it was good for both of us, and it's exciting to pull off a trade with the guy you're playing against. We'll see what happens.

Getting Thompson for JuJu - nice work !

I was pleased to see you like him better than Marvin. I felt very uncomfortable starting him against PIT's shutdown secondary.

Getting Thompson for JuJu - nice work !

I was pleased to see you like him better than Marvin. I felt very uncomfortable starting him against PIT's shutdown secondary.

I like him better generally because Martavis is talking his way out of a job, everyone seems to love Juju, including all of his teammates and coaches, and he's already getting important looks. Marvin may get some volume, but with Golden Taint back this week already, he's not likely to get the redzone looks.

I went to college with a girl named Marijuana Pepsicola (Last Name). (Withholding the last name because she's a real person.) She's Latina, and Marijuana is just 'Mary Jane', so that's not really the thing. It's that Pepsicola part.

Thing is, she was super cool, and super cool about her name. She owned it. You wanna laugh at my name? So what? Yeah it's my name, I love it!

But he got it back! Inspiring video right here :P

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Does JuJu even play the same position as bryant?

regardless, i think juju has cemented himself into the game plan regardless of who sits as a result.

as a steelers fan: i sure hope martavis gets "mines" this week. so tired of the winning. i think mines is an asset one acquires in certain video games, right?

I know everyone is super excited, and I hate to put cold water on the thread I started. He should be productive going forward, but just realize he ate while both Brown and Bell got average of 70ish yards each.

That will not happen every game, a declining Big Ben can only sustain 1 to 2 players feasting. So, JuJu will have his famine games.

no, no. juju will get almost 200 yards and a score every game from now on!

haha. it's not so much the yardage the other guys got, but the touches/targets, imo. i agree that 10 targets a piece will not continue for brown / juju. and 3 targets for bell seems a little low as well. you make a very good point. assuming no interference from bryant on targets, i would assume juju settles in somewhere around the 6 to 7 targets per game rate. which probably means somewhere in the 4-5 range for catches for juju. so, yeah, will be a little feast or famine based on when he breaks big plays.

which, to ME, essentially means that he will basically be in line for the production that many thought bryant would get this year. and alot of us were pretty excited about that

again, this all goes out the window if the steelers decide to try to work bryant back into the gameplan

I know everyone is super excited, and I hate to put cold water on the thread I started. He should be productive going forward, but just realize he ate while both Brown and Bell got average of 70ish yards each.

That will not happen every game, a declining Big Ben can only sustain 1 to 2 players feasting. So, JuJu will have his famine games.

I agree, but I think Juju seems to be more well-rounded, and his lows might not be as low as Bryant's. Marty is the picture of boom/bust. I suspect Juju's floor might be higher.

So who are you benching to get Juju in your lineup going forward?

Well after the BYE, anyway

yesterday i took abdullah out of a flex for juju.

i also have TY Hilton just begging to be benched

At first glance, looks like it will be Davante Adams.

He actually had a pretty good game when Hundley was thrust into relief duty. But that may have come from continuing along with a game plan that was put in place with Aaron Rodgers in mind. McCarthy seemed to steer things in a more conserative direction the next week when he knew Hundley would QB, which may mean less looks for Adams if this is the way GB chooses to go forward.

Parker, Doctson, or Davis. Depend on what happen next few weeks.

I don't think I will move Hill or Thielen from their spot.

I know A Luck is out, but Hiltons lack of any kind of production is just amazing.

I think we all knew that without Luck he's numbers would drop some but he's just awful.

He's so bad that two Jet WRs are avg the same ff points per game as he is.

I know A Luck is out, but Hiltons lack of any kind of production is just amazing.

I think we all knew that without Luck he's numbers would drop some but he's just awful.

Rumor is they are looking to trade Hilton.

Gotta suck for Luck in a way. Get hurt, come back after a long layover and they've given away your best target. Oh well. Get better faster.

i didn't see the game. 7 targets and only 2 completions toward hilton. meanwhile doyle has a field day. just seems brissett is really struggling with anything down the field, based only on stats

would love to hear from someone that saw the game

Rumor is they are looking to trade Hilton.

Gotta suck for Luck in a way. Get hurt, come back after a long layover and they've given away your best target. Oh well. Get better faster.

How great is he though if he cant do anything w/o Luck?

Dont the really good receivers produce regardless? I mean a drop off, sure, but down to basically nothing?

Even after that monster I will only start him for byes. I have Crabtree and tyreek

i didn't see the game. 7 targets and only 2 completions toward hilton. meanwhile doyle has a field day. just seems brissett is really struggling with anything down the field, based only on stats

would love to hear from someone that saw the game

Very good point.

I don't know just going of the stats.