Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Eddie Lacy to the Seahawks

Here's a rare glimpse into the player's side of changing teams and relocating to another state - in this case, wrapping up some of those loose ends with a large garage sale of Lacy's Packers' gear and more, as part of the move away from Green Bay.

Here's line for Eddie Lacy's garage sale. Letting 10 in at a time. Doubt much left for those in back.

https://twitter.com/PeteDougherty/status/860534619246129153

If I lived in the area, I'd probably be standing in that line too. :)

Edited to add: Apparently the entire (two-day) event is for charity. Good on him. :thumbsup:

...Lacy says he is donating 100 percent of the proceeds to charity. Items that go unsold will be donated to Freedom House in Green Bay, which serves area families in need of housing.

http://pro32.ap.org/article/eddie-lacys-garage-sale-charity-huge-hit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000808862/article/eddie-lacy-meets-first-weight-target-with-seahawks

Lacy apparently has weight based incentives in his contract.

He has earned his first bonus.

Watch out and keep a close eye. Anyone who actually watched Lacy last year saw he was running really well when they actually ran him. MM terrible game management and play calling made him look worse than he played. A competent coach could do wonders if he can get into shape. I'm not paying any kind of premium anymore for him, but he could be undervalued for the first time.

• Like 1

Watch out and keep a close eye. Anyone who actually watched Lacy last year saw he was running really well when they actually ran him. MM terrible game management and play calling made him look worse than he played. A competent coach could do wonders if he can get into shape. I'm not paying any kind of premium anymore for him, but he could be undervalued for the first time.

Well, Seattle is a team that knows how to run the ball.

Perhaps moreso than most teams (including the Pack)

and Yes, Lacy's numbers didnt show it early in the year, but he was doing the right things on the field.

Then when he got hurt, I think he ballooned up again. (although that process may have already started before he got hurt)

Well, Seattle is a team that knows how to run the ball.

Perhaps moreso than most teams (including the Pack)

and Yes, Lacy's numbers didnt show it early in the year, but he was doing the right things on the field.

Then when he got hurt, I think he ballooned up again. (although that process may have already started before he got hurt)

5.1 ypc on 71 carries. Just didn't work out for him and the offense was a mess til late. We were talking like Rogers had lost it etc, then you look and he has one of his best years.

Seahawks didn't look like a team that knew how to run the ball last season with a team avg of 3.9.

I'm still not sold that Rawls can't over take Lacy.

Lacy is really hard to judge this year. I agree he did look good last year when healthy, but can he stay healthy? Although GB doesn't have an excellent OL, they are better than Seattle's. I fear that Rawls gets some of the work and CJP is used in 3rd down, passing and no huddle.

It's diffently not a clear picture.

If Prosise does indeed stay healthy he will eat up the passing game targets.

How many years you going to go back a Packer running back wasn't over-rated? I remember when people talked Dorsey Levens, Ahman Green, Eddie Lacy were all first round picks. Green Bays style was always to concentrate on passing the ball with Rodgers and Favre.

2000-2004 A Green was worthy of a first round pick.

Lacy is really hard to judge this year. I agree he did look good last year when healthy, but can he stay healthy? Although GB doesn't have an excellent OL, they are better than Seattle's. I fear that Rawls gets some of the work and CJP is used in 3rd down, passing and no huddle.

This is why I think football wise, Seattles running game will be very good.

Healthy Wilson. Upgraded line (can't get any worse). Healthy Lacy, Raws and Prosise platoon. Go with the hot hand.

Fantasy wise, what a waste land, just stay away. For football purposes. It'll work out pretty well.

This is why I think football wise, Seattles running game will be very good.

Healthy Wilson. Upgraded line (can't get any worse). Healthy Lacy, Raws and Prosise platoon. Go with the hot hand.

Fantasy wise, what a waste land, just stay away. For football purposes. It'll work out pretty well.

Hot hand is exactly what I fear. We have seen that Seattle is open to the "hot hand approach". Really nothing worse for fantasy value.

2000-2004 A Green was worthy of a first round pick.

I could see you saying a first rounder in 2004 since he had a monster year in 03. But other then that wasn't no Edgerrin James, LaDainian Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk, Shaun Alexander

He was not any of those other Rbs, but thats only five Rbs in a twelve team league he was worthy of a first round pick during those seasons.

Now was he picked in the first round during those seasons is another issue, but worthy he surly was.

And in those years non of the leagues I was apart of where doing any ppr leagues, so Rbs went early and often.

He was not any of those other Rbs, but thats only five Rbs in a twelve team league he was worthy of a first round pick during those seasons.

Now was he picked in the first round during those seasons is another issue, but worthy he surly was.

And in those years non of the leagues I was apart of where doing any ppr leagues, so Rbs went early and often.

I kinda miss those redraft, stud RB days.

In a 2 round draft (24 picks).

To see 20 rb's get drafted was the norm. Maybe 2 or 3 wr's, and some renegade owner would buck the system and go qb.

But all rb's. Times have changed (I suppose we've evolved just like the nfl). But those times were alot of fun.

Im not going to do the research, takes to long. Looking back he wasnt my first round, also alot of hype back then about rookies, they were drafted in first round at the beginning of fantasy football when it was salary based. Others top of my head are Jerome Bettis, Natrone Means, and Ricky Williams had some hype. But yea back then my goal was 3 stud RBs and fill in with a Terry Glenn types at WR. 1 year when everyone else did it I was able to have both Carl Pickens and jerry Rice on my team when they were both lighting it up weekly.

Agree every draft was loaded with Rbs early, only exception was some guy named J Rice, he was ok.

J Rice would go first round usually between the tenth and twelve pick.

Yeah I do agree those where fun times.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814516/article/eddie-lacy-is-turning-weight-loss-into-private-cash-cow

apparently Lacy met another one of his weight incentives. while it does not say what he weighed in at, he is now under 250 lbs. we know that for sure.

Apparently he gets another bonus if he's under 245 lbs at some point in August.

So he's looking better.

the early reports (as per FFtoday) is that Lacy and Rawls will split the early down work with CJ getting 3rd down work and additional work where the matchup warrants it.

Likely this means that nobody is highly desireable (or draftable) out of this backfield unless someone gets hurt.

Not at all a surprise, I think it will truly be a rbbc all season long, or until one of them two go down.

In a ppr Prosise would be the one to target, but he can't stay healthy.

Not at all a surprise, I think it will truly be a rbbc all season long, or until one of them two go down.

In a ppr Prosise would be the one to target, but he can't stay healthy.

Agreed.

I do think people are gonna be pretty surprised at the line play this year. We still have to figure out the left side. But Center > right, I got areally good feeling about. Britt played lights out last year at center in only his first year at the position. Should get better. Glowinski is gonna play RG, and Ifedi at RT, which are their natural positions. And really, the positions they were drafted for in the first place.

I know it doesn't sound like much compared to most teams. But for us (in the Carrol era) going into the season with 3 out of 5 line spots looking solid and ready to rock n roll right off the bat is a huge improvement compared to what we usually see.

I do think people are gonna be pretty surprised at the line play this year. We still have to figure out the left side. But Center > right, I got areally good feeling about. Britt played lights out last year at center in only his first year at the position. Should get better. Glowinski is gonna play RG, and Ifedi at RT, which are their natural positions. And really, the positions they were drafted for in the first place.

I know it doesn't sound like much compared to most teams. But for us (in the Carrol era) going into the season with 3 out of 5 line spots looking solid and ready to rock n roll right off the bat is a huge improvement compared to what we usually see.

I agree. The line will be better than it was last year.

The question is... how much better?

I agree. The line will be better than it was last year.

The question is... how much better?

As long as it's better enough to keep Wilson healthy, and let the fat @ss punch it in when on the goal line.

Then that's good enough.

At least that's what my rose colored glasses/homerism tells me.