Sign in to follow this  
BudBro

Your favorite Waylon/Willie songs...

I don't think I can name a single song by Waylon Jennings that I would classify as my "favorite Waylon" song. There's a few that I know, but I'd certainly turn it off if the ability was there.

There's a couple Willie Nelson songs I like. My favorite would be Always on my Mind. I'm only guessing that would be the most popular one. I also like On the Road Again, but after that, I don't particularly care too much for his music either.

Overall, I don't really have a high opinion of country music. I turn it off virtually every time, if the opportunity presents itself. But hey, to those who like it, enjoy. :thumbsup:

Big Willie Nelson fan, hard to pick one. Here is one of my favorites:

Not much of a country fan but forced to pick one it'd be this

Saw Waylon at Lolapoza back in the 90's. Great performance for an old man to a crowd of those who loved Seattle rock.

I grew up listening to him and Willy as my mom loved them. The Outlaws. Didn't appreciate it till I got older.

Two funny stories. My mother was in love with Waylon. Infatuated with him. She got drunk and jumped into a limo with him outside of Austin City Liimits bar after a show in the 70's. She said he was so wasted that he didn't know she was there. Talked to her recently about that. She said, I can still smell him with that JD odor. Would have been fun. Sexiest man ever. Mom: You . Who knew. Mom: I was young once. I wanted to fawk Waylon and ended up marrying a man who looked like Buddy Holly. No regrets. Me: Mom, Waylon gave his seat up to Buddy Holly on that plane that ultimately killed Buddy. Mom: Really? Irony.

And in the late 80's I was on spring break with some friends sitting in the hot tub at the Marriott somewhere in Florida. Getting Fawked up. Drunk and doing Coke. Two in the morning and this old man hops in the tub with three hotties. I and my friends welcomed them. Passing a good time one of them says "you know who he is?" My buddy Mike says "No!" One of the chicks says Waylon Fawking Jennings. His bus is right there. I turn around and see WJ on the side of a bus. In the parking lot.

Great experience.

cant believe no one has got this right yet.

My sister is having her first baby in January. They are naming it Waylon. Lol

That's pretty cool.

Off topic, but Ive always been a huge Dwight fan. Dude is super talented. Speaking if him cant be done without bringing up this song. My favorite of his for sure.

Most country artist would not consider Willie to be a voery good singer.

He's a lot like Tom Petty in that regard. Much better songwriter then Performing Artist.

But his work recently Could be considered some of his best. It's not country per se, but really well done.

Plus he's cool as hell.

But me and Merle? we weren't Built For This World.